Durant possibly out for year

Ender

Reaction score
No they don't lol. What planet do you live on where you get a coverage sack that takes you out of field goal range lol? You drop back look and see what you have and throw it away. That's what you are TAUGHT. Its a very dumb football play.

ok, coverage sacks dont happen. You win

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Romo says he can play then you let him play.

He's come back and played through injuries before.

If that scenario happens with Brady, Luck, Manning, Breese, Rodgers, or any top QB it would've got handled the same way Dallas handled it.

If your guy can go he goes. It's that simple

I agree but not with the way tonight's game was playing out. He could not handle that rush and it can not be argued against. If they stuck to running, then yes but they came out throwing with a hurt back........bad decision.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, maybe but he's not those guy and should not be compared to them. I wish he was but he's not. I'm not saying that those QB's haven't played poorly, or that Romo hasn't had great moments, But stop comparing him to that top tier of QB's.
No. Because he is a top tiered QB. Flawed, but he is in the upper tier.

That's not a point I'm going to debate with you on, tho, because I've read the thread and know your thoughts. And I believe that when the Cowboys go another winning streak, you will be silent again until another L. It's cool, because you won't be the only one. lol

Ender

Reaction score
No. Because he is a top tiered QB. Flawed, but he is in the upper tier.

That's not a point I'm going to debate with you on, tho, because I've read the thread and know your thoughts. And I believe that when the Cowboys go another winning streak, you will be silent again until another L. It's cool, because you won't be the only one. lol

I'm not debating it at all. I don't have undying love for Romo or any other player on this team for that matter. I love the cowboys, not the individual players so I'm not jaded by them. Romo is not as good as the other guys mentioned. He's not on there level even though he is a really good player. It's nothing wrong with admitting it. And I've never addressed my opinion about Romo in this thread, i like the guy. But i like the back up more if he gives them a better chance to win in any given situation.

The argument was never Romo vs. those other guys. It's Romo versus the next guy up, and who gives you a better chance of victory at any given situation. Romo should have cheered on the sideline and helped Weeden finish out the game. And Garret should not have let him back in the game.

btcutter

Reaction score
No he doesn't, and no he didn't. Weeded was superior to a clearly compromised Romo, end of story.

Weeded may have looked better only because the play calling by the coaches changed dramatically. They RAN the ball except for a small stroke Linnenhen suffered when we got down inside 3 yards line and he went pass, pass.
Problem with our coaches is that they LEAN too much on Romo when they should have been leaning more on Murray and screen game against the blitz.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No he doesn't, and no he didn't. Weeded was superior to a clearly compromised Romo, end of story.

Weeden was superior in a dumbed down defense. Weeden was simply hitting wide open receivers with no pass rush. Now if that would've kept up? I agree Weeden gives us the better chance to win. And maybe it would've. But let's don't kid ourselves and act like Weeden faced the same defense that Weeden did. I personally would've left him in there for that fact alone. BUT if i'm going with my better quarterback? If he's healthy? I'm going with Romo.

btcutter

Reaction score
Too bad for Durant and our defense. Now we are short at LB again.
Maybe the only silver lining is that we may get to resign him cheaper now.......

Staubacher

Reaction score
This loss was really bad and not because we're 6-2. We can't afford to lose Durant. Our defense wasn't very good in the second half of OT and now they're short on LB

Zman5

Reaction score
Really? I think Arz and Carson Palmer will be exposed next week and we beat down the Cards

We couldn't expose Colt McCoy. What makes you think we can expose Carson Palmer?

I think we have chance to win but I don't think it's going to be because we expose Carson Palmer. If anything, our offense needs to expose their defense.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
This is a kick in the nu*****, but if the Cowboys are who I think they are, we will get over it. Durant has been beasting, damn...

Zman5

Reaction score
I agree about being frustrated with Romo going back in, but let me play devils advocate a minute.
this is Romos team. his offense, hes been hurt badly before more than once and came back in only to yes, win the game. I dont know whos decision it was ultimately but I did see him talking to doctors, pretty much everyone that would listen and you know he was telling them to put him in, he could do it.

Let me play devils avocate also. Bill Parcell would have told Romo to shut up and sit his azz down.

Wood

Reaction score
I can't even begin to think about what Palmer will do with this defense. Durant might have been MVP of this defense so far. I honestly don't see how they can be the same without him unless they make a trade.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I can't even begin to think about what Palmer will do with this defense. Durant might have been MVP of this defense so far. I honestly don't see how they can be the same without him unless they make a trade.

Durant has been a beast but Cowboys have played without him this season and won. Durant will be missed but his loss will not make or break our season. Marinelli has found a way to overcome the loss of Ware, Hatcher and Lee - Durant is good but not better than those guys, especially cumulatively.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
We couldn't expose Colt McCoy. What makes you think we can expose Carson Palmer?

I think we have chance to win but I don't think it's going to be because we expose Carson Palmer. If anything, our offense needs to expose their defense.

Maybe because we "exposed" guys like Drew Brees and Russell Wilson earlier in the year? How soon we forget...

Nirvana

Reaction score
This is a tough loss. Couple thoughts: 1. His new contract looks more affordable now. 2. Korey Toomer is available (now on Rams PS.)