Signed by Cowboys Durant signs with Dallas

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless I missed it somewhere, what player did they release in place of Durant?

Sydla

Reaction score
Gachkar is also a remarkable LB athlete:

Height: 6023
Weight: 233
40 Yrd Dash: 4.56
20 Yrd Dash: 2.70
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.29
3-Cone Drill: 6.95

His sideline to sideline speed is excellent for covering the flats and outside runs plus he carry most TE and RB down the field. I don't get the hate at all.

Is it hate or just realism? He's a specialty player at best - special teams - and certain situations on defense, at best.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
In 80 possible starts in his career he has 60. That kind of "Cause its gonna happen ........ like clockwork" injury?

Bull ........ he was drafted in 2010 in the second round ....... second round guys should start.

He should have played in 96 regular season games in his 6 years in the league, he missed an entire season because of injury.

He has played in 60 games and started 46.

lets recap

96 possible games
60 he actually played in
36 games he has missed
46 starts

like clockwork

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Durant just wants to win a ring.. can't blame him for coming to a team that already has a big 3. Hopefully he doesn't disrupt our rythm.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Is it hate or just realism? He's a specialty player at best - special teams - and certain situations on defense, at best.

What realism? If you want real, I will say that when all of the other LBers were struggling to fill gaps exacerbated by poor DT play he was filling/tackling well. When other LB were unable to cover the flats, he was able to get out there and stop passes and limit to short gains. When other LB struggled to run with TE and RB in the bevy of man calls made he was able to carry players around the field.

Last year was his first year and as the year continued the coaches were finding more and more playing time for him. They have a system where, with a few high drafted or high paid exceptions, you have to earn your place through action. Gachkar was earning his place.

You can make whatever characterizations you like such as 'specialty' to confirm your emotional disposition but Gachkar is a talented and skilled 4-3 LB, he knows the position and has the physical ability to execute.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or it could mean we need a backup as insurance because a starter got popped after most of the free agents have signed and the draft has passed.

If you drafted better you wouldn't need a FA off the street to back up anything.

jrumann59

Reaction score
A healthy in shape McClain is a Pro Bowl type player at MLB is > Durant. Durant is faster but not the thumper nor much better if at all in coverage. Durant is more reliable. LBs get hurt and you need depth.

Wilbur is a versatile player who can sub at DE on rush downs and play the SAM as well as MIKE in a pinch. His problem is he is as good as he will get and that is a marginal to at best serviceable player who is not a playmaker or quality starter. He should be replaced when possible looking at his depth versatility and STs play. The fact he's still on the team is a testament to that but also to the lack of quality depth on the team. That may come to an end this year. He's on the bubble AFAIC.

Lee can play anywhere back there including the NICKEL. He was moved to WILL because McClain can play the MIKE as well and WILL is pivotal in this defense. My guess is they will give Hitchens the chance to play the MIKE although signing Durant gives me pause they will just move Lee to M and make Durant the W.

This is a quality signing IMO due to adding depth and a player the younger guys can emulate. My concern is he is a progress stopper and there are interesting players trying to make the team. I'm sure the team considered this and made the decision depth and vet experience was worth it for now. The positive is I doubt he has much of a contract so IF a couple of young guys push him off the roster or down the depth chart then so be it.

So wilbur is the Nick Hayden of the LBer Corp.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Or it could mean we need a backup as insurance because a starter got popped after most of the free agents have signed and the draft has passed.

Naw, teams always plan for two quality players at a single position...while still having a plate of needs.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The fact we had to bring back Durant illustrates how bad of a job we've done at LB over recent years.

Can't argue with this neglected position. I don't think many understand how far in the talent hole we were across the board with occasional exception.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
Thanks.
Wow, I thought he had a shot at making the roster as a role player until the suspended guys returned. Shows how much I know. :laugh:
But I guess they do like Coe, as he would be in before Walker.

Your welcome bud.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Can't argue with this neglected position. I don't think many understand how far in the talent hole we were across the board with occasional exception.

It's more about him refusing to admit that Hitchens has talent than anything else.