Eagle fans are going nuts...

lspain1

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1242548 said:
Same lowly Commanders that also split with the Cowboys ?

Your post is dripping with homerism (wipe that off your chin).

I dont like the Eagles either, but they are playing pretty good football lately, and are still a force to be reckoned with.

Some good points here. The Cowboys don't have a lot of reasons to brag too loudly right now. That being said, I believe we match up much better against the Eagles than we do the Giants. The Eagle's pressure packages will find Romo a much more difficult mark than Bledsoe. We will score points against them. Outside of Dawkins, the Eagle secondary is vulnerable if you can defeat the blitz.

The real question falls on the Cowboy defense. Before the last two games I would have been quite confident in our ability to stop the Eagles. This thing with the passes out of the backfield has me concerned (I have to give the Skins credit. They completely shut down the backfield stuff of the Saints yesterday). We have failed to demonstrate any ability to stop these plays. The Eagles can win if we do not do better.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1242463 said:
Karma has a way of making it happen.

Which is why the Eagles have never won anything ..... and we have 5 rings ....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can't say that I blame them. When McNabb went down everyone was writing them off and now they are going to play a game for what could be the division title. Hopefully Dallas can make the eagles Christmas a very bad one.

SaintReginald

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1242652 said:
I can't say that I blame them. When McNabb went down everyone was writing them off and now they are going to play a game for what could be the division title. Hopefully Dallas can make the eagles Christmas a very bad one.
im not convinced...this could be the upset of the year. Ill take it a step further. Dallas and new orleans both look like teams that could be one and done this year in the playoffs as well.....

daynje

Star Treatment
Reaction score
Eddie;1242531 said:
What channel is the Christmas game on? I'm going to be in Disney, so I need to make sure I hit the VCR record button.

Don't overlook the Eagles. The way our Defense is playing, Garcia is going to have a field day. I have nightmares of Garcia having a picnic in the pocket while our pass rushers vainly can't come within 5 yards of him.

The Game is on NBC.

All I want for Christmas is a Cowboys Win.

:suxiggle: :suxiggle:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
zrinkill;1242648 said:
Which is why the Eagles have never won anything ..... and we have 5 rings ....

That is the lamest thing ever.

Attention cowboys fans. Stop bringing up the past. You embarass us all.

This game is a 3 point game.

The eagles offensive line is playing outstanding. the last 3 years when we have played the eagles greg ellis has owned jon runyan, well he isnt here now.

The eagles have one of the best players in the league. Brian westbrook. He is one of the elite players. If we can stop him and tackle him when he gets the ball we will be in good shape.

This is going to have to be a week where our linebackers win the game. I believe we will put garcia into a postion where he will see one on one matchups down the field and to beat us he will have to make more than one long throw. I do think that is the gameplan against the eagles right now, force garcia to make the long pass and tackle well on the quick short stuff.

garcia is playing very well right now, but having said that the eagles defense has won the last two games for them. IF we keep romo clean we win, if they hit romo like they hit manning we will lose. The Commanders should have beat philly, they outplayed them and were more physical, campbell threw that game away with a horrible interception and a missed easy td to randle el.

Anyway, I believe the eagles have the best offensive line we have seen all year. I believe we will play roy close to the line, man with the corners and we will zone the backers to make sure there are not empty areas for the quick throw and stuff in the flats.

This is the way it used to be. TO win your division you have to win it. For too long now the nfl has had teams backing into the playoffs and backing into division titles. This is the essence and spirit of the league, two division rivals battling it out for first place with two weeks to go. I couldnt ask for anything more.

so please knock off the nonsense about superbowl rings, it doesnt mean anything. The only one who can use that line is the obnoxious michael irvin, he could shut up the obnoxious blow hard ron jaworski with it.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
LowTech;1242385 said:
Like I said on another thread:

And for all you Eagirl fans that will be slithering onto the board this week.........we truly hate your guts and wish nothing but bad things for you and your team.

Have a nice day :)

Yours Truly,
Lowtech
(Eagirl Hater)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bow: :bow: :bow:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
theebs;1242683 said:

So its not Lame for a freakin eagles fan to bring up Karma? Give me a break and stop kissing up to the Eagle trolls.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
You certainly seem to be in a festive holiday spirit ...so here's some holiday words of wisdom forya (oops there goes that East Coast accent coming out)

...Be careful what you wish for ...Karma has a way of making it happen.

May the best team win next week!:rolleyes:

Karma is we beat your Iggles Silly !!!!
"If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat........"
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

EndGame

Reaction score
Eddie;1242531 said:
What channel is the Christmas game on? I'm going to be in Disney, so I need to make sure I hit the VCR record button.

Don't overlook the Eagles. The way our Defense is playing, Garcia is going to have a field day. I have nightmares of Garcia having a picnic in the pocket while our pass rushers vainly can't come within 5 yards of him.
It's on NBC. At least we get half decent announcers and won't have to deal with Theismann.

Reaction score
You certainly seem to be in a festive holiday spirit ...so here's some holiday words of wisdom forya (oops there goes that East Coast accent coming out)

...Be careful what you wish for ...Karma has a way of making it happen.

May the best team win next week!:rolleyes:

Payback is a motha! I look forward to T.O. and Terry Glenn having huge days running past Lito Shepard and Sheldon Brown! Our defense will be ready for the Eagirls...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
lspain1;1242625 said:
Some good points here. The Cowboys don't have a lot of reasons to brag too loudly right now. That being said, I believe we match up much better against the Eagles than we do the Giants. The Eagle's pressure packages will find Romo a much more difficult mark than Bledsoe. We will score points against them. Outside of Dawkins, the Eagle secondary is vulnerable if you can defeat the blitz.

The real question falls on the Cowboy defense. Before the last two games I would have been quite confident in our ability to stop the Eagles. This thing with the passes out of the backfield has me concerned (I have to give the Skins credit. They completely shut down the backfield stuff of the Saints yesterday). We have failed to demonstrate any ability to stop these plays. The Eagles can win if we do not do better.

Thank you Sir.

After re-watching the Eagles game again, I think the matchups against the Giants fare better for the Cowboys.

Seems to me that Fat Andy has indeed made more of a commitment to the run. And I havent been a fan (not that I ever was, but respected) of the Eagles secondary (beyond Dawkins), since they wholesaled the position.

Eagles are hitting hard on defense, and hitting holes on offense.

Not saying the Cowboys arent, but there seems to be a little spark going on with Garcia and the D especially right now.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
zrinkill;1242688 said:
So its not Lame for a freakin eagles fan to bring up Karma? Give me a break and stop kissing up to the Eagle trolls.

I didnt respond or say anything to that guy. I dont care about him.

He shows up after wins and tells us to watch out.

It doesnt matter to me.

I already get the sense from reading other message boards and the philly papers that the eagles are going to walk away with this one.

I am glad. I hope every analyst picks philly and we here about how great garcia is this week. I hope that happens.

They are going to play the game next monday. Stephen A. Smith who said the cowboys suck when romo came in, ron jaworski who said the eagles will win out and brian baldinger who said the eagles are the nfc's best team cant change the outcome.

I am sure today espn across the board will roast Dallas over that morons spitting and praise everything eagle. That will happen all week, and I personally look forward to it. Let the eagles be the favored team who cant lose, let them be the media darlings this week. Fine by me.

Cocky guys like PT are only here to say I told you so. That is why he was no where to be found when the eagles lose games. His whole point of coming here is not to talk football but to talk cowboys losing, or how they will.

This is a 3 point game. I think we matchup well with the eagles. We have had success defending west coast offenses since parcells has been here. OUr defense is built to play against the west coast offense.

I remember vividly last year, the philly papers, the Dallas papers, the guy that writes for eagles.com saying that he was getting on a plane to go to the 85 degree Dallas weather and watch the eagles whip philly. No one gave us a shot last year.

It will be a tough game. The eagles have built their team inside out on offense, as we have on defense. So we will see who wins that battle.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
theebs;1242726 said:
I didnt respond or say anything to that guy. I dont care about him.

He shows up after wins and tells us to watch out.

It doesnt matter to me.

I already get the sense from reading other message boards and the philly papers that the eagles are going to walk away with this one.

I am glad. I hope every analyst picks philly and we here about how great garcia is this week. I hope that happens.

They are going to play the game next monday. Stephen A. Smith who said the cowboys suck when romo came in, ron jaworski who said the eagles will win out and brian baldinger who said the eagles are the nfc's best team cant change the outcome.

I am sure today espn across the board will roast Dallas over that morons spitting and praise everything eagle. That will happen all week, and I personally look forward to it. Let the eagles be the favored team who cant lose, let them be the media darlings this week. Fine by me.

Cocky guys like PT are only here to say I told you so. That is why he was no where to be found when the eagles lose games. His whole point of coming here is not to talk football but to talk cowboys losing, or how they will.

This is a 3 point game. I think we matchup well with the eagles. We have had success defending west coast offenses since parcells has been here. OUr defense is built to play against the west coast offense.

I remember vividly last year, the philly papers, the Dallas papers, the guy that writes for eagles.com saying that he was getting on a plane to go to the 85 degree Dallas weather and watch the eagles whip philly. No one gave us a shot last year.

It will be a tough game. The eagles have built their team inside out on offense, as we have on defense. So we will see who wins that battle.

Hey I agree that it will be a tough fight ..... I was just commenting on an Eagle fan talking about Karma ....

see Buddy Ryan and his bounty
see batteries at Michael Irvin
see again and again the things those idiots do ....

and an Empty trophy case ....... thats Karma

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SaintReginald;1242674 said:
im not convinced...this could be the upset of the year. Ill take it a step further. Dallas and new orleans both look like teams that could be one and done this year in the playoffs as well.....

Philly vs. Dallas is never a sure thing but I like our chances. As for the playoffs all NFC teams right now look like they fall into the 1 and done category even the Bears. If Dallas some how can get the bye in the playoffs I like our chances a lot more.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The Pottersville Eagles are coming to town on X'mas ! Perfect, it means an angel will get its wings !

phillycard

Reaction score
theebs;1242683 said:

Attention cowboys fans. Stop bringing up the past. You embarass us all.

This game is a 3 point game.

The eagles offensive line is playing outstanding. the last 3 years when we have played the eagles greg ellis has owned jon runyan, well he isnt here now.

The eagles have one of the best players in the league. Brian westbrook. He is one of the elite players. If we can stop him and tackle him when he gets the ball we will be in good shape.

This is going to have to be a week where our linebackers win the game. I believe we will put garcia into a postion where he will see one on one matchups down the field and to beat us he will have to make more than one long throw. I do think that is the gameplan against the eagles right now, force garcia to make the long pass and tackle well on the quick short stuff.

garcia is playing very well right now, but having said that the eagles defense has won the last two games for them. IF we keep romo clean we win, if they hit romo like they hit manning we will lose. The Commanders should have beat philly, they outplayed them and were more physical, campbell threw that game away with a horrible interception and a missed easy td to randle el.

Anyway, I believe the eagles have the best offensive line we have seen all year. I believe we will play roy close to the line, man with the corners and we will zone the backers to make sure there are not empty areas for the quick throw and stuff in the flats.

This is the way it used to be. TO win your division you have to win it. For too long now the nfl has had teams backing into the playoffs and backing into division titles. This is the essence and spirit of the league, two division rivals battling it out for first place with two weeks to go. I couldnt ask for anything more.

so please knock off the nonsense about superbowl rings, it doesnt mean anything. The only one who can use that line is the obnoxious michael irvin, he could shut up the obnoxious blow hard ron jaworski with it.

Amazing post theebs.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah... Philly is on a roll. They beat Carolina, Washington and now NY. All three of those teams are in shambles. Facing a Dallas team that has already clinched a playoff spot and is pushing for homefield will be a completely different story, I'm afraid.

Let the Eagles and their fans think that beating the Panthers, Commanders and Giants amounts to something though. They'll be in for a rude awakening when they go into Texas stadium and we don't roll over for them.

lspain1

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1242839 said:
They'll be in for a rude awakening when they go into Texas stadium and we don't roll over for them.

Edit.....I didn't read your statement correctly but now I get it. I really don't think the Eagles will expect us to lay down for them. They'll bring pressure and a running game and passes out of the backfield this week.