Twitter: Eagles and Texans trade talks heating up for Watson

cristglo

Reaction score
So you think. If this is true that its not a big deal? Wow. Dude its sexual assault. Would it be the same in your mind if it was your sister, or daughter he did this to? Just curious
I as a woman want to thank you for being a Man and standing up against this bullish behavior.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What allegations did I minimize? He was never arrested. The severity of the allegation is worst case scenario he has to pay them a small fraction of his massive contract

You’re minimizing the severity of the allegations and you’re minimizing the impact his actions if true would have on the dozens of women he sexually violated.

Again, you’re making it seem like it’s not that big of a deal, because he’s good at football and would help your team win

The truth is

If it was your wife or daughter or sister who Watson did this to, you would feel a whole lot differently than you are arguing now.

Again, because it didn’t impact you and he may play for your team and help them win football games.

That’s all I’m saying.

you’re minimizing the severity of his actions to help rationalize the fact that you won’t care about them if he becomes the eagles starting QB

phildadon86

Reaction score
Its sexual misconduct. Who did he assault? There’s report of one person, not from her, not from her lawyer, a report saying he force her, yet she didn’t go to police, didn’t even file a complaint. Police take complaints for misconduct, they don’t file rape charges under “complaint.”

Maybe she was so fearful that this celebrity did this to her that she couldn’t go to police, that happens a lot in assault cases. But then she went to her lawyer to get money from him and then still never went to police? That’s the assault he’s accused of?
something like 90 percent of rape victims dont go to the police. But hey. The city of brotherly love will welcome him with open arms. I have personally dealt with sexual assault, as a kid and it took me years to move forward with my life. I didnt report a thing either because one i was a kid and two I am a guy and thought horribly of myself because of it. Yet here you are completely downgrading what this guy did (you admitted you think he did it) because hes good at throwing a football and would help your team win football games. You think because it wasnt rape these women arent going to have long term effects of what he did? Grow up

HungryLion

Reaction score
Its sexual misconduct. Who did he assault? There’s report of one person, not from her, not from her lawyer, a report saying he force her, yet she didn’t go to police, didn’t even file a complaint. Police take complaints for misconduct, they don’t file rape charges under “complaint.”

Maybe she was so fearful that this celebrity did this to her that she couldn’t go to police, that happens a lot in assault cases. But then she went to her lawyer to get money from him and then still never went to police? That’s the assault he’s accused of?

Dude some of the allegations include him touching the women with his you know what, without their consent.

that is the definition of sexual assault.

you’re just using the word “misconduct” and “pervert” to avoid the actual severity of the allegations which legit go as far as rape.

Like I’ve said. Minimizing.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You’re minimizing the severity of the allegations and you’re minimizing the impact his actions if true would have on the dozens of women he sexually violated.

Again, you’re making it seem like it’s not that big of a deal, because he’s good at football and would help your team win

The truth is

If it was your wife or daughter or sister who Watson did this to, you would feel a whole lot differently than you are arguing now.

Again, because it didn’t impact you and he may play for your team and help them win football games.

That’s all I’m saying.

you’re minimizing the severity of his actions to help rationalize the fact that you won’t care about them if he becomes the eagles starting QB

Im not making it out to be a small thing. This conversation isn’t about what happens between now and December, it’s what happens between December and 2035. To condemn a human being forever for something like this is wrong. He will get what is considered the proper punishment by the civil court, possibly by the court of law, definitely by the court of public opinion, and his life will go on.

If these systems are failing in your eyes, what is even the point of them?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Im not making it out to be a small thing. This conversation isn’t about what happens between now and December, it’s what happens between December and 2035. To condemn a human being forever for something like this is wrong. He will get what is considered the proper punishment by the civil court, possibly by the court of law, definitely by the court of public opinion, and his life will go on.

I bet you were on Brock Turners side to. I mean she just passed out behind a garbage bin and was assaulted. But I mean it wasnt sex so who cares right?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I bet you were on Brock Turners side to. I mean she just passed out behind a garbage bin and was assaulted. But I mean it wasnt sex so who cares right?

Never heard of him. That is rape even if it doesn’t include copulation. Is your point you believe Watson’s allegations are the same as Turner’s?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I as a woman want to thank you for being a Man and standing up against this bullish behavior.
I hate that football players and athletes do things like this and fans minimilaze them because they are good at sports. Brock Turner, Jameis Winston, the list goes on. As someone that has personally dealt with this I take it seriously. This poster is either 8 years old, or has no females in his life. Because if this happened to someone close to him he wouldnt be acting this way. Actually. I take that back. Hes an Eagles fan. There's not telling what he would look past to win a football game.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So you're saying you took one part of what I just wrote about my own personal issues with this to try and make me look bad? Wow

I took something you wrote and challenged it. It’s up to you if you want to look bad with what you’ve said. I can’t do that for you

phildadon86

Reaction score
I took something you wrote and challenged it. It’s up to you if you want to look bad with what you’ve said
I was sexually assaulted as a child. You are the only one who looks bad here defending a guy who you believe is guilty of this CRIME and trying to make it seem like its nothing because he throws a football well.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I hate that football players and athletes do things like this and fans minimilaze them because they are good at sports. Brock Turner, Jameis Winston, the list goes on. As someone that has personally dealt with this I take it seriously. This poster is either 8 years old, or has no females in his life. Because if this happened to someone close to him he wouldnt be acting this way. Actually. I take that back. Hes an Eagles fan. There's not telling what he would look past to win a football game.

I am both 8 years old AND have no females in my life. Very intelligent observations, you are quite the sleuth,

phildadon86

Reaction score
Never heard of him. That is rape even if it doesn’t include copulation. Is your point you believe Watson’s allegations are the same as Turner’s?
When a woman comes forward and says something bad was done to her yes it is. You think the guy is guilty and yet you're here trying to make his crimes look better.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Don’t change the subject to “the systems”

Just admit you don’t care about what Watson did as long as he plays football for the eagles and plays well.

I’m not advocating for him to never have a life again. I’m saying that YOURE minimizing the severity of the allegations to make yourself feel better and rationalize why it’s ok for him to play QB for your team.

that’s all I’m saying.

which is why you used words like “pervert” and “misconduct” rather than assault and rape.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Watson may not even play another snap lol. I HOPE THEY TRADE FOR HIM

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I was sexually assaulted as a child. You are the only one who looks bad here defending a guy who you believe is guilty of this CRIME and trying to make it seem like its nothing because he throws a football well.

It has nothing to do with throwing a football. If he was a convenience store clerk, a homeless man, or even a drug dealer doing these things, his life shouldn’t be over after he’s done his time. Even if Deshaun gets kicked out of the NFL, the internet will never allow him to be a normal person ever again.