Twitter: Eagles and Texans trade talks heating up for Watson

Sydla

Reaction score
Which of their rights do you feel were taken away? He mistreated them and they’re suing him for it. Women’s rights haven’t ended.

So no, I’m not against women’s rights. But I’m also not for the internet’s white knights ending people’s lives because they’re not saints. Watson did something terrible, he’ll pay for it (both figuratively and literally), and then his life will go on.

These people aren’t “lucky” to be millionaire football players because they represent what’s best in society, they’re millionaires because they successfully complete complicated physical tasks after being hit in the head over and over and over again.

No they’re not perfect, but the least we can ask for is for them to be normal human beings outside of football who handle themselves in a dignified manner. Watson has not done that, but to say he should never be allowed the opportunity to be a upstanding person ever again is a terrible way to view the world.

About what I expect from Philly fans if they do get him. They’ll rationalize this away but once Dallas or NY adds a knucklehead they’ll get on their soap box and chastise them.

At the end of the day this might be all moot because Watson as a NTC and could refuse a move to Philly, an aging team that would have given up a lot of their draft capital just to get him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
About what I expect from Philly fans if they do get him. They’ll rationalize this away but once Dallas or NY adds a knucklehead they’ll get on their soap box and chastise them.

At the end of the day this might be all moot because Watson as a NTC and could refuse a move to Philly, an aging team that would have given up a lot of their draft capital just to get him.
It’s amazing what people will justify to feel good about something lol.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lol. Basically. Sexually assault whoever you want then come play for the eagles. Nice. And typical of you guys

You can tell when someone doesn’t fully understand what they’re talking about when they overtly hyperbolize their position

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

What team doesn’t have to give up their draft capital to get him?

phildadon86

Reaction score
You can tell when someone doesn’t fully understand what they’re talking about when they overtly hyperbolize their position
No. I understand. Completely. I also understand that if he goes anywhere other than the Eagles you will say hes a scumbag.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No. I understand. Completely. I also understand that if he goes anywhere other than the Eagles you will say hes a scumbag.

No, I would say exactly the same. If this were Dak, would you condemn him or ask for his day in court?

phildadon86

Reaction score
No, I would say exactly the same. If this were Dak, would you condemn him or ask for his day in court?
I am biased regarding sexual assault so I would condemn him. And thats my own stuff. I am also of the opinion that if these women are lying. 22 of them now. They should all face the maximum penalties under the law that Watson is looking at if its true. People like that are the reason REAL victims dont come forward. If its false I mean. What boggles my mind is how eagles fans (not you) in general laugh at the cowboys when we sign anyone with any semblance of problems (Greg Hardy) but then have no issues bringing in a Vick, or a Watson and expect no backlash.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I am biased regarding sexual assault so I would condemn him. And thats my own stuff. I am also of the opinion that if these women are lying. 22 of them now. They should all face the maximum penalties under the law that Watson is looking at if its true. People like that are the reason REAL victims dont come forward. If its true I mean. What boggles my mind is how eagles fans (not you) in general laugh at the cowboys when we sign anyone with any semblance of problems (Greg Hardy) but then have no issues bringing in a Vick, or a Watson and expect no backlash.

So you think there’s a chance they’re lying but you’re still attacking his reputation as if he definitely did it? Not day in court, not innocent until guilty, he’s scum and it’s awful anyone would defend him?

This is also nothing like Vick or Hardy. Not one of these woman thought it was bad enough to call the police, and the ones who finally did simply put in complaints. Doesn’t make what he did right, but Hardy threatened to kill someone. Vick went to prison. Watson offered sex to people in improper situations.

HungryLion

Reaction score
100% for, I’ve expected it since he demanded a trade. I believe it’s why we moved down to pick up 2022 1sts, why we didn’t go after Zach Wilson whom Howie really liked, and why we never even attempted to name a successor to Wentz beyond the incumbent backup. Hurts may turn out good, but he hasn’t shown it thus far and it’s not what we originally drafted him for, plus Howie is the last GM in the league to throw away a season just to see a backup’s potential.

What Watson did is really bad, especially because it wasnt a 1-time event and went on for years. But this isn’t some violent crime where he got out of years in prison because he’s a celebrity… instead he is a world class pervert. Court trial, settlement whatever, and then you have 10 years of elite QB play from a guy who’s behavior isn’t incorrigible.

There’s a whole lot of minimizing the severity of the situation going on in this post.

Whatever it takes to enable yourself to root for Watson on Sundays I suppose lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
i reading reports that these reports are false..so again why the need for thread about the AFC possibly maybe rumor trades?

fraud rumor dont belong in here

when ti happens lets talk lets not keep this fraud that been going on all offseason to what end? nothing

right, now Wilson, Rogers, and Watson all at TC with their teams from last season..hmmm

crazy all that off season talk about these guys leaving and none have....rumors should not be discussed in the fan zone..goes in off topic and nfl zone..

phildadon86

Reaction score
So you think there’s a chance they’re lying but you’re still attacking his reputation as if he definitely did it? Not day in court, not innocent until guilty, he’s scum and it’s awful anyone would defend him?

This is also nothing like Vick or Hardy. Not one of these woman thought it was bad enough to call the police, and the ones who finally did simply put in complaints. Doesn’t make what he did right, but Hardy threatened to kill someone. Vick went to prison. Watson offered sex to people in improper situations.
There is always a chance they are lying. However. 22 women. That is a lot of smoke my friend. Let me ask you. If he did it. Would you still want him on the team?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There’s a whole lot of minimizing the severity of the situation going on in this post.

Whatever it takes to enable yourself to root for Watson on Sundays I suppose lol

What situation? We all know the situation. No one called the police, the ones who did talk to police were for sexual misconduct. If ANY sexual assault was reported he’d be in jail right now. I’m not minimizing anything, that’s exactly the situation.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There is always a chance they are lying. However. 22 women. That is a lot of smoke my friend. Let me ask you. If he did it. Would you still want him on the team?

I believe he did it, I’m not a conspiracy theorist and I dont think it’s even remotely possible they corroborated a 22-part lie. But I also don’t think a man’s life should be over for something that isn’t even against the law.

imagine losing your job for asking women to go back to your place while you’re at the bar. What was really wrong with this is he did it under the pretense of a massage, that’s violating the professional atmosphere of the private massage and they deserve to sue. He’s not a serial rapist, he’s not up for a violent crime, his life isn’t over.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I believe he did it, I’m not a conspiracy theorist and I dont think it’s even remotely possible they corroborated a 22-part lie. But I also don’t think a man’s life should be over for something that isn’t even against the law.

imagine losing your job for asking women to go back to your place while you’re at the bar. What was really wrong with this is he did it under the pretense of a massage, that’s violating the professional atmosphere of the private massage and they deserve to sue. He’s not a serial rapist, he’s not up for a violent crime, his life isn’t over.
So you think. If this is true that its not a big deal? Wow. Dude its sexual assault. Would it be the same in your mind if it was your sister, or daughter he did this to? Just curious

HungryLion

Reaction score
What situation? We all know the situation. No one called the police, the ones who did talk to police were for sexual misconduct. If ANY sexual assault was reported he’d be in jail right now. I’m not minimizing anything, that’s exactly the situation.

Dude. Just stop minimizing the severity of the allegations.

just say “he’s good at football so if he helps my team win, I don’t care if he sexually violated dozens of women”

that’s the truth of how you feel. Just don’t minimize the severity of the allegations to make yourself feel better about it.

cristglo

Reaction score
Being from this area I will assure you that these are not just rumors. Now Im not going to say that all 22 cases are legit but I know for Sure one is.
When I first found out about it I was shocked cause I liked Watson coming out of College. Though I feel with what information that I have there was bullish and inappropriate behavior. There was a lot of sex involved and a lot more information than what the public knows.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So you think. If this is true that its not a big deal? Wow. Dude its sexual assault.

Its sexual misconduct. Who did he assault? There’s report of one person, not from her, not from her lawyer, a report saying he force her, yet she didn’t go to police, didn’t even file a complaint. Police take complaints for misconduct, they don’t file rape charges under “complaint.”

Maybe she was so fearful that this celebrity did this to her that she couldn’t go to police, that happens a lot in assault cases. But then she went to her lawyer to get money from him and then still never went to police? That’s the assault he’s accused of?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dude. Just stop minimizing the severity of the allegations.

just say “he’s good at football so if he helps my team win, I don’t care if he sexually violated dozens of women”

that’s the truth of how you feel. Just don’t minimize the severity of the allegations to make yourself feel better about it.

What allegations did I minimize? He was never arrested. The severity of the allegation is worst case scenario he has to pay them a small fraction of his massive contract