Twitter: Eagles and Texans trade talks heating up for Watson

Lutonio

Reaction score
Risky, considering Elliott got six games for much less legitimate accusations. We’ll see if the story has a happy ending.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So are you for or against a potential Eagles trade for Watson?

100% for, I’ve expected it since he demanded a trade. I believe it’s why we moved down to pick up 2022 1sts, why we didn’t go after Zach Wilson whom Howie really liked, and why we never even attempted to name a successor to Wentz beyond the incumbent backup. Hurts may turn out good, but he hasn’t shown it thus far and it’s not what we originally drafted him for, plus Howie is the last GM in the league to throw away a season just to see a backup’s potential.

What Watson did is really bad, especially because it wasnt a 1-time event and went on for years. But this isn’t some violent crime where he got out of years in prison because he’s a celebrity… instead he is a world class pervert. Court trial, settlement whatever, and then you have 10 years of elite QB play from a guy who’s behavior isn’t incorrigible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100% for, I’ve expected it since he demanded a trade. I believe it’s why we moved down to pick up 2022 1sts, why we didn’t go after Zach Wilson whom Howie really liked, and why we never even attempted to name a successor to Wentz beyond the incumbent backup. Hurts may turn out good, but he hasn’t shown it thus far and it’s not what we originally drafted him for, plus Howie is the last GM in the league to throw away a season to see a backup’s potential.

What Watson did is really bad, especially because it wasnt a 1-time event and went on for years. But this isn’t some violent crime where he got out of years in prison because he’s a celebrity, he is a world class pervert. Court trial, settlement whatever, and then you have 10 years of elite QB play from a guy who’s behavior isn’t incorrigible.

Thanks, I appreciate your honesty.

phildadon86

Reaction score
There is a lot we do not know about the charges against Watson. We have allegations from 22 women, which sound very similar. We also have statements from 20 women claiming they never felt uncomfortable around him when they were giving him massages. I am very curious to see how the NFL handles this. Zeke got a 6 game suspension despite a very weak case against him and the allegations of only 1 woman. Even the lead investigator hired by the NFL did not think Zeke was guilty, but Goodell overruled her. Every allegation against Watson is a he said - she said. All the incidents took place in private and there are no witnesses that we know of. The worst evidence against Watson are the Instagram messages, and the stories of all 22 women are the same. He hired them on Instagram to give him a massage. In some cases flying them to Houston at h is expense. When they got there he got a little aggressive and in some cases exposed himself or tried to convince the women to have sex with him. and in others he supposedly assaulted them. In once case he allegedly forced the therapist to perform oral sex on him. All 22 women have filed civil suits. I have no idea how much money is involved.

When Zeke was accused the NFL was coming off the Ray Rice situation and I think they felt compelled to do something harsh to Elliott. That seems to have worn off a little now as the NFL's focus has shifted from #MeToo to racial injustice. I am not going to predict anything here but I would not be shocked if Goodell gives Watson a slap on the wrist. Maybe he even tipped his cards to the Eagles a bit. But the Eagles are not going to give up even 1 first round pick for a guy who could be suspended for any length of time. Even the Eagles are not that stupid.

I will say based on what I know if the charges, something is not right here. Hiring message therapists on Instagram? Flying them to Houston at his own expense? All young women? Are they all attractive? I thought people who get massages for therapeutic reasons find a good one and call that person all the time, and it could be a man or a woman. This definitely look more like Watson was not so interested in the massage and more interesting in a happy ending.
Bang on

phildadon86

Reaction score
100% for, I’ve expected it since he demanded a trade. I believe it’s why we moved down to pick up 2022 1sts, why we didn’t go after Zach Wilson whom Howie really liked, and why we never even attempted to name a successor to Wentz beyond the incumbent backup. Hurts may turn out good, but he hasn’t shown it thus far and it’s not what we originally drafted him for, plus Howie is the last GM in the league to throw away a season just to see a backup’s potential.

What Watson did is really bad, especially because it wasnt a 1-time event and went on for years. But this isn’t some violent crime where he got out of years in prison because he’s a celebrity… instead he is a world class pervert. Court trial, settlement whatever, and then you have 10 years of elite QB play from a guy who’s behavior isn’t incorrigible.
Lol. Wow. So you’re for winning football games over females rights? Amazing.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

+1

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Hurts is another Dak.
Eagles do not have Jones as their Gm.
This move would bring them back into contention big time!

Lmao at comparing that bum Hurts to Dak. That clown got punked by Andy Dalton.

You are a clown as usual with your other usual clan.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Another guy says this is completely untrue, that no one is talking, but these stories have a life of their own.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lol. Wow. So you’re for winning football games over females rights? Amazing.

Which of their rights do you feel were taken away? He mistreated them and they’re suing him for it. Women’s rights haven’t ended.

So no, I’m not against women’s rights. But I’m also not for the internet’s white knights ending people’s lives because they’re not saints. Watson did something terrible, he’ll pay for it (both figuratively and literally), and then his life will go on.

These people aren’t “lucky” to be millionaire football players because they represent what’s best in society, they’re millionaires because they successfully complete complicated physical tasks after being hit in the head over and over and over again.

No they’re not perfect, but the least we can ask for is for them to be normal human beings outside of football who handle themselves in a dignified manner. Watson has not done that, but to say he should never be allowed the opportunity to be a upstanding person ever again is a terrible way to view the world.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Which of their rights do you feel were taken away? He mistreated them and they’re suing him for it. Women’s rights haven’t ended.

So no, I’m not against women’s rights. But I’m also not for the internet’s white knights ending people’s lives because they’re not saints. Watson did something terrible, he’ll pay for it (both figuratively and literally), and then his life will go on.

These people aren’t “lucky” to be millionaire football players because they represent what’s best in society, they’re millionaires because they successfully complete complicated physical tasks after being hit in the head over and over and over again.

No they’re not perfect, but the least we can ask for is for them to be normal human beings outside of football who handle themselves in a dignified manner. Watson has not done that, but to say he should never be allowed the opportunity to be a upstanding person ever again is a terrible way to view the world.
Lol. Basically. Sexually assault whoever you want then come play for the eagles. Nice. And typical of you guys