Eagles Are Way Overrated

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who's publicly loving the Eagles????? Hyperbole again. I'm just accepting that they're a good team and also that Hurts does have that ability to pull of a victory even when he and the team are being outplayed.

My position is more in line
Man this whole thread is full of this crap. Eagles suck. And you have people debating why they don't suck. THEY SUCK.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Eagles are definitely not as good as they were last year, on either side of the ball. But they are still a good team. In another year or two their defensive line is going to be dominant. They lack LBs and safeties.
In a year or two the defensive line is going to be nothing. They’re old.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
:facepalm:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Philly got their butts handed to them by the same team that handed us our butts earlier in the season. That doesn’t make them overrated. San Francisco is on a roll right now. No one is going to beat them if they continue to play this way.
IMO, the term "overrated" is overrated. I think the situation is nuanced. The Eagles are an excellent team who have earned their good record. However, some recent games against the Commanders, the Bills, and especially against the 49ers have exposed some of their weaknesses.
1. The Eagles are a team that you can run the ball on. An excellent team like the 49ers can run it down their throat.
2. It's possible to tire out their defense.
3. The best way to stop their "tush push" is to not let them get to 4th and 1 or 4th and 2. If it's 4th and 3 or worse, their tush push probably won't work.
4. I'm not a conspiracy nut, but the Eagles have benefited from multiple bad calls by the refs. I don't think the refs conspired to help out; I just think they made mistakes. The Eagles benefited from luck, not from a conspiracy. Since it's luck, and therefore random, the Eagles also sometimes have bad calls go against them. They're not guaranteed to get a bunch of help from the refs.
In short, the Eagles aren't some garbage team that somehow got to 10 wins via luck. They're an excellent team that has earned their victories, but they're not invincible.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
By the media, the jones and a lot of fans. They have been good for a few years until they play a really good team in the playoffs.
The media mocks the Cowboys.
Jerry is delirious.
Fans will be fans.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Eagles have lucked out this year. They won some games they should have lost. Have had some massive help from the refs in certain games that gave them a huge edge.

The ball has bounced their way a lot (we forced three fumbles and didn’t recover any in Philly for example).

The schedule makers gave them a favorable schedule in terms of their home/away games— and they caught teams when their opponents were short handed when it came to injury like the Miami game

Still— you gotta give them credit for doing enough to win games— but they are definitely not a juggernaut.

Dallas wins on Sunday if they protect Dak and stop making stupid penalties to fall behind the chains or extend opponents drives.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
Not to mention we shot ourselves in the foot when we had the ball at the 6 YARD LINE with a chance to win the game.

That being said, the E-girls have 10 wins and 2 losses. Hard to call them overrated at this point. They’ve beaten some playoff-bound teams.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
The margin of victory stat has been telling for decades.
The Eagles have been doing just enough to win games but have hardly been impressive in doing so.
Facing a team that matched up in the trenches it simply wasn't close.
When you win a lot of close escape games that could go the other way based off one play you were definitely overrated at 10-1 and considered a title favorite.

Fact is they haven't gotten a high level of play at QB and the defense has been shaky on the back end with aged CB.
The lines have kept them afloat thus far.

But Dallas being a 3-point favorite next week tells you the Eagles are no longer over-rated.
Vegas expects the division to be tied this time next week.
They haven't got high level play at QB? The guy is in the MVP talks. What are you talking about. He's been tremendous

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They haven't got high level play at QB? The guy is in the MVP talks. What are you talking about. He's been tremendous

He is 13th in QB Rating. 11th in passing yards.
That is behind the best or 2nd best OL in football and with a wealth of weapons.

He hasn't been nearly as good as he was last year.
He's a top MVP candidate because people are simple and count wins versus watching games.
His name will fall off that list if they lose this week regardless of how he plays because people are insanely reactive.

Last year he lost 0 fumbles, he has lost 3 (gave up 5) already this year.
He had 6 INT last year, this year he has 10 already.
His QB Rating is down 8 points.

He plays on a really, really good team and his best play has come late to win a bunch of 1 score/1 play games.
He also gives you insane short yardage ability when coupled with that Eagles OL.

He is definitely a good QB; but he has hardly been "tremendous" this year; often being outperformed by the opposing QB in games they win.
He CLEARLY isn't playing nearly as well as he did last year and he is definitely not playing at a top 5 QB level.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The media mocks the Cowboys.
Jerry is delirious.
Fans will be fans.
Calling Jerry delirious indicates not an ounce of common sense...ever.

As a veteran, we reach out to a veteran needing help....:facepalm:

Sydla

Reaction score
We are talking a lot of smack about how overrated a team is when we ourselves haven't beaten a legitimate contender all year while Philly has beaten 3 (or four if you include the Bills).

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
He is 13th in QB Rating. 11th in passing yards.
That is behind the best or 2nd best OL in football and with a wealth of weapons.

He hasn't been nearly as good as he was last year.
He's a top MVP candidate because people are simple and count wins versus watching games.
His name will fall off that list if they lose this week regardless of how he plays because people are insanely reactive.

Last year he lost 0 fumbles, he has lost 3 (gave up 5) already this year.
He had 6 INT last year, this year he has 10 already.
His QB Rating is down 8 points.

He plays on a really, really good team and his best play has come late to win a bunch of 1 score/1 play games.
He also gives you insane short yardage ability when coupled with that Eagles OL.

He is definitely a good QB; but he has hardly been "tremendous" this year; often being outperformed by the opposing QB in games they win.
He CLEARLY isn't playing nearly as well as he did last year and he is definitely not playing at a top 5 QB level.
If you say so. I mean the guy is 27-3 over his last 30 games and even when he struggles, at the end of the game when everything is on the line he is as cool as they come and delivers.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The Eagles are the NFC defending champions from 2022, and have the best record in the NFL in 2023. I'm not sure how you can call that "overrated."