Eagles Are Way Overrated

Steve007

Reaction score
I never thought I would live to see a day in which a bunch of Cowboys fans would be defending and making excuses for the Eagles. What makes it bad is some of them routinely bash their own team.I
I think a lot of Cowboys fans have bought into the hype for years with the same results every season. These fans see this is the same pattern so they arn't buying the hype. They see this team as basically the same team that has choked in big games. Now it's lets wait and see.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I think a lot of Cowboys fans have bought into the hype for years with the same results every season. These fans see this is the same pattern so they arn't buying the hype. They see this team as basically the same team that has choked in big games. Now it's lets wait and see.
Huh?? That is spoken from someone who has no clue about Cowboy fans. Most don't hype the Cowboys every year. That is media lie.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok. Niners beat us even worse, so what's that make us until we prove otherwise, like my original post stated
Neither Eagles fans, 49ers fans, nor Cowboys fans have anything to boast about. Championships are the prize, not second place.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well...you said "routinely". And I guess it depends on definition of "bashing". Fair?

We have a very few...artists? shall we say? Why people give them the time of day is beyond me...exactly what they were hoping to get.

The GREAT majority of us are real fans who sometimes might have a sincere criticism. Whether you agree or not doesn't make them routine bashers.
Nothing wrong with objectivity. Routine bashers are on the forum and they show up often.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man that’s crap these aren’t Cowboy fans it’s that simple.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never thought I would live to see a day in which a bunch of Cowboys fans would be defending and making excuses for the Eagles. What makes it bad is some of them routinely bash their own team.
This place is full of Eagle fans and it’s because they don’t know how to pretend to be Cowboy fan. You easily tell who they are the owns who will defend them. If I say Eagles suck they suck why would a Cowboy fan dispute that claim? A Eagle fan would never not say we suck.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This place is full of Eagle fans and it’s because they don’t know how to pretend to be Cowboy fan. You easily tell who they are the owns who will defend them. If I say Eagles suck they suck why would a Cowboy fan dispute that claim? A Eagle fan would never not say we suck.
they wouldnt not ANY Cowboys fan ive ever been around, we have a masquerade party here..

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Because there are some rational posters who dont fall for hyperbole, especially when it's obviously incorrect. The same can be said in the Dak argument, there are many fans who fear that he cant raise his perform, on a consistent basis, vrs winning teams and especially in clutch scenario's. That's not hating him, and it's not hating the Cowboys, it's just a viewpoint that if your QB isnt able to raise his game in the play-offs, his regular season means nothing (unless youre Jerry and pray to the god of Hopeful Strategy).

Lets see (and hope) he's able to maintain this brilliant stretch of form, just saying these forthcoming games are going to give a truer indication of where we are rather than the poor defenses we've played (inc the Eagles' who are RK 24th on P/A).

Steve007

Reaction score
By whom? Some of us know what we see. Rhetoric means nothing. Right now the team is good; relative to their competitors. Until they make, at least the NFC championship, I cannot buy in on their greatne
By the media, the jones and a lot of fans. They have been good for a few years until they play a really good team in the playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because there are some rational posters who dont fall for hyperbole, especially when it's obviously incorrect. The same can be said in the Dak argument, there are many fans who fear that he cant raise his perform, on a consistent basis, vrs winning teams and especially in clutch scenario's. That's not hating him, and it's not hating the Cowboys, it's just a viewpoint that if your QB isnt able to raise his game in the play-offs, his regular season means nothing (unless youre Jerry and pray to the god of Hopeful Strategy).

Lets see (and hope) he's able to maintain this brilliant stretch of form, just saying these forthcoming games are going to give a truer indication of where we are rather than the poor defenses we've played (inc the Eagles' who are RK 24th on P/A).
Man hyperbole my *** man no Eagle or Cowboy fan is rationale about either team. Cut the BS out. You may be one in the closet. You may do it around other Eagle fans....but no Cowboy fan publically loves the Eagles. Let's just cut it out. You can try to fool the others here but you can't fool me.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Man hyperbole my *** man no Eagle or Cowboy fan is rationale about either team. Cut the BS out. You may be one in the closet. You may do it around other Eagle fans....but no Cowboy fan publically loves the Eagles. Let's just cut it out. You can try to fool the others here but you can't fool me.
Who's publicly loving the Eagles????? Hyperbole again. I'm just accepting that they're a good team and also that Hurts does have that ability to pull of a victory even when he and the team are being outplayed.

My position is more in line
The eagles are my most disliked team by far. But they didn’t win 10 games the way they did being overrated. The eagles are still a very good team perfectly capable of beating us Sunday. It will take the Cowboys playing well in all phases to win next Sunday. Margin of victory? Thats better suited in College FB.

Do I expect us to win? Absolutely. Can the eagles win? Yes they can. I don’t think they are over-rated.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Love these threads. Def bookmarked.

1, they aren't overrated.
2, cowboys are over rated until we PROVE we aren't.
You beat me to it. Dallas is so overrated!!
These clowns have no idea that a team that can win games and not play well is a pretty good team.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yep, Hurts looks to have developed the shakes when pressure. He needs to run or get rid of the ball. Waiting for somebody to get open, and then taking a sack is killing them. They are not as good this year without their last year's OC.
Hurts is playing like he has been watching tape of Dak vs the 49ers. Watching the rush and holding the ball wayyyy too long.
I would say the Eagles can be had at this point but if you underestimate them Dallas will lose. Hurts really misses his TE and that knee is bothering him. Brown is looking slower like he is dealing with something. Dline is banged up and LB position is hurting.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Same can be said for Parsons. Disappearing act against good teams. Feasts off junk offenses to inflate his numbers.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Same can be said for Parsons. Disappearing act against good teams. Feasts off junk offenses to inflate his numbers.
Possibly, but there's the difference that pass-rush is about hunting in packs. Putting Parsons against Trent Williams for instance or in double team situations should give the advantage to his team mates.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The eagles are my most disliked team by far. But they didn’t win 10 games the way they did being overrated. The eagles are still a very good team perfectly capable of beating us Sunday. It will take the Cowboys playing well in all phases to win next Sunday. Margin of victory? Thats better suited in College FB.

Do I expect us to win? Absolutely. Can the eagles win? Yes they can. I don’t think they are over-rated.
Said beautifully haze,I wouldn't expect anything less from you sir!!!! Thanks for being realistic!!!