Eagles Are Way Overrated

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I could buy into the fluke part if it wasn’t for last year… This is 90% of the same roster that went to the Super Bowl… If they get their crap together, watch out.
Don't mean to be argumentative here. Just trying to discuss.

This is who Philly lost last year in free agency:
T.J. Edwards, Marcus Epps, Javon Hargrave, Kyzir White, Miles Sanders, Isaac Seumalo and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.
https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.c...es-lost-are-doing-with-their-new-team/546551/

I believe that's 5 defensive starters. They also lost both coordinators. This really isn't the same defense as last year. The stats bear that out where last year they ranked near the top of the league on defense and now are near the bottom. They can't stop anyone and their games have been shootouts with them just pulling it out at the end week after week.

We shall see though. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Pot....meet the kettle

....because the Cowboys are perennially overrated.

Hec, the Cowboys can go on a 2-game win streak and then many pundits and many fans in this forum believe they're Superbowl-bound, no matter who their last loss was against and how bad they looked in it.

:facepalm:

kskboys

Reaction score

T.J. Edwards, Marcus Epps, Javon Hargrave, Kyzir White, Miles Sanders, Isaac Seumalo and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.
https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.c...es-lost-are-doing-with-their-new-team/546551/

I believe that's 5 defensive starters. They also lost both coordinators. This really isn't the same defense as last year. The stats bear that out where last year they ranked near the top of the league on defense and now are near the bottom. They can't stop anyone and their games have been shootouts with them just pulling it out at the end week after week.

Their D is a shell of what it was last year.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score

Some of the guys that replace those losses, IMO, are better players. I’ll take Swift over Sanders, Carter over Hargrove, and that 2nd year guard over Seumalo. Their linebackers last year were JAGs… but probably a lot better than this year’s JAGs. CGJ was better than any safeties this year, but the two guys they haven’t safety are not terrible.

I think their corner backs are where it drops off. Father Time and injury are taking their toll… and when you can’t cover, the rest of the D tends to crumble as well… I was worried that they were going to get Surtain at the deadline…

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I remember that Miami game well.

Penalties:
10 vs Miami, 0 vs Philly
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Yep. teams do concede a fair few penalties against the Eagles. Like it or not they have strong O and D lines which tends to get the opposition holding and offsides.

Everyone has an excuse when they lose.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hard for them to be overrated when they had the best record in the entire league at 10-1 entering yesterday’s game and had wins over the Cowboys, Chiefs and Bills.
Just like undefeated Michigan, playing in the Big2. The Eagles will lose to ANY team that is coached well, and the players are not intimidated. Each of those teams lost, due to self-inflicted wounds. The Eagles will further be exposed this Sunday if Dallas does not "Keystone Cop", during the game.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well they are the defending NFC champions. They have the best record in the NFL and the inside track on the one seed. So until they prove otherwise, no.
They are overrated. A team with all of those credentials don't get curb stomped like that; they have been trending toward a beating for the last four weeks; the 49ers were disciplined enough to administer the mollywhopping.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Surprised by so many people calling the Eagles overrated. They are a great team, well coached, with terrific players at all of the key position.

I’m hoping for a win but all of these people expecting a blowout are crazy, imo.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Surprised by so many people calling the Eagles overrated. They are a great team, well coached, with terrific players at all of the key position.

I’m hoping for a win but all of these people expecting a blowout are crazy, imo.
Are the Cowboys overrated?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Good point, many of us judge a team by it's headline stars....when the determining factor is so often its weakest link (s).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys overrated?
That depends on whether you think this is a SB team, based on a close defeat vrs Eagles, and a one score win against a borderline play-off team and beating up on teams that gave up weeks ago.

Just trying to manage these expectations, rather than the boom/bust disappointment of recent years.....one game at a time.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They are overrated. A team with all of those credentials don't get curb stomped like that; they have been trending toward a beating for the last four weeks; the 49ers were disciplined enough to administer the mollywhopping.
Ok. Niners beat us even worse, so what's that make us until we prove otherwise, like my original post stated

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who bashes the team? Read the threads.
Well...you said "routinely". And I guess it depends on definition of "bashing". Fair?

We have a very few...artists? shall we say? Why people give them the time of day is beyond me...exactly what they were hoping to get.

The GREAT majority of us are real fans who sometimes might have a sincere criticism. Whether you agree or not doesn't make them routine bashers.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They have a great DL particularly up the gut but they also have a 3rd corner that cannot cover, two other corners having down years, and a bunch of spares and retreads at S and LB.

If we can slow down their WR they are going to have problems.

plasticman

Reaction score
Do not believe that the Eagles statistical ranks have anything to do with how they play the Cowboys on Sunday. They are a legitimate member of the NFC East and all the malevolence that comes with it. This game is going to be a bloodbath.

One thing that I can give credit to the Eagles franchise is that they understand the moment. They know the importance of this game and they are going to give it everything they have. The Cowboys must be ready to do the same.

I hate the Eagles but to disrespect them is folly.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yep. teams do concede a fair few penalties against the Eagles. Like it or not they have strong O and D lines which tends to get the opposition holding and offsides.

Everyone has an excuse when they lose.
Admit it. You didn't watch that game.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Swagger

Reaction score
I agree that the defense is overrated and it was last season as well. All those jazzed up sacks in the regular season only to concede 38 points in the Superbowl. I disagree about the offense as whilst they were better last season, they have still found a way to win most games this season and Hurts gets better during a game and executes when it really matters.