Eagles Are Way Overrated

kskboys

Reaction score
Very controlled rush by 49ers it appeared. Didn't give Hurts a ton of running lanes to break contain and make big plays.

We aren't that disciplined. We pin our ears back, run like banshees at the QB and leave huge gaps for a mobile guy to make plays with his legs.
We have to, Syds. Our DT play does not disrupt the LOS consistently enough. W/o that pass rush, our D is not that great.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not overrated, and not as good as some say..
Can't dispute their record. A win is a win no matter how they got it. Nothing will change that.

We have to wait all day long for the game though. Wish is was the late afternoon game, or even the early game.

We know Dallas can hang with them, and are at home. However sometimes all what happened before means nothing.
The division is on the line here, but even at that, if we win we still need to get ahead of them somehow. As we must pretty much need to win out.
It may come down to us beating the Jets, and them losing to the Jets. I have not looked at the common games tie breaker yet. As if we do not win, it meant I wasted my time.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Winning is winning. You don't get extra wins for winning by 20 points.
SF has clearly shown themselves as the best team in the NFC. Anything can happen in sports but it would be kind of shocking to see any team but one of the top 4 comes out of the NFC. After those 4 there seems to be a huge drop off

Rayman70

Reaction score
The eagles are my most disliked team by far. But they didn’t win 10 games the way they did being overrated. The eagles are still a very good team perfectly capable of beating us Sunday. It will take the Cowboys playing well in all phases to win next Sunday. Margin of victory? Thats better suited in College FB.

Do I expect us to win? Absolutely. Can the eagles win? Yes they can. I don’t think they are over-rated.
this ^. Its just the Niners are THAT MUCH BETTER. Good news is we will have a chance this week to prove we have improved since a few weeks ago. Then eventually I think we might get a chance at redemption against the Niners in the playoffs. Both are very tall tasks. Like you said Bob,Eagles are what the record says they are, very good. We must have a clean game and stay on schedule. If we do that we win. If we dont, we aint winning anything. Our margin for error is razor thin compared to the Eagles and Niners. Thats just the facts. We must play a certain way. Which means get takeaways and play mistake free ball.Tony Pollard must be huge this week. Dak can't be the end all be all.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not overrated, and not as good as some say..
Can't dispute their record. A win is a win no matter how they got it. Nothing will change that.

We have to wait all day long for the game though. Wish is was the late afternoon game, or even the early game.

We know Dallas can hang with them, and are at home. However sometimes all what happened before means nothing.
The division is on the line here, but even at that, if we win we still need to get ahead of them somehow. As we must pretty much need to win out.
It may come down to us beating the Jets, and them losing to the Jets. I have not looked at the common games tie breaker yet. As if we do not win, it meant I wasted my time.
Not as good as some say is the definition of overrated!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Winning is winning. You don't get extra wins for winning by 20 points.
SF has clearly shown themselves as the best team in the NFC. Anything can happen in sports but it would be kind of shocking to see any team but one of the top 4 comes out of the NFC. After those 4 there seems to be a huge drop off
IDK, man, losing to the Bengals, Vikings, and Browns. I'd say that makes it a bit muddy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We beat the hell out of a bad Washington team. :rolleyes: San Francisco beat the hell out of us and Philly.
and they lost THREE in a row to the Browns, Bengals and Vikings........ yep, we better give them the Lombardi today.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
IDK, man, losing to the Bengals, Vikings, and Browns. I'd say that makes it a bit muddy.
anyone that hasnt figured out anyting can happen in the playoffs doesnt pay much attention.

it was 2, maybe 3 playoffs ago, that first wildcard weekend. I think every game was decided in the last minute. And the Rams won one of those games BARELY and went on to win the SB.... so dont tel me how the Niners cant be beat.

2 weeks ago it was Philly that couldnt be beat.

Jarntt

Reaction score
and they lost THREE in a row to the Browns, Bengals and Vikings........ yep, we better give them the Lombardi today.
Why do people have to be so dramatic :facepalm:
No one is saying give them the Lombardi. People are saying that there are 3 or 4 if you include Detroit top teams and of those teams SF beat the snot out of the two most commonly put in the top 3 with SF

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No one is saying give them the Lombardi. People are saying that there are 3 or 4 if you include Detroit top teams and of those teams SF beat the snot out of the two most commonly put in the top 3 with SF
Dramatic is making it like the SB has been determined. 1981 Niners destroyed Dallas around week 3... NFC Title game and it was a 1 pt barnburner. Arse whoopings happen, and they dont mean it will happen the 2nd time.

kskboys

Reaction score
anyone that hasnt figured out anyting can happen in the playoffs doesnt pay much attention.

it was 2, maybe 3 playoffs ago, that first wildcard weekend. I think every game was decided in the last minute. And the Rams won one of those games BARELY and went on to win the SB.... so dont tel me how the Niners cant be beat.

2 weeks ago it was Philly that couldnt be beat.
SF had 170 rushing yards against us. Slow that down, and suddenly we're in the game.

Can you imagine if we'd have taken TooToo(LB) over Fehoko? A LB like him would help monumentally.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dramatic is making it like the SB has been determined. 1981 Niners destroyed Dallas around week 3... NFC Title game and it was a 1 pt barnburner. Arse whoopings happen, and they dont mean it will happen the 2nd time.
I totally agree. But who is doing that? Maybe I missed it and if I did that's on me.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, they are saying give them the Lombardi.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
SF had 170 rushing yards against us. Slow that down, and suddenly we're in the game.

Can you imagine if we'd have taken TooToo(LB) over Fehoko? A LB like him would help monumentally.
Niners look great, but the Cowboys of week 4 and the Cowboys of today arent even remotely the same team. Our offense stunk or was avg at best in weeks 1-4. Mike decided to open it up after that butt whooping.