Eagles defense is overrated and one step above garbage

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They are the top scoring D in football and are 4th in points against…..
Dont let the stats fool you. Take away all those pick sixes and sacks and what are you left with? Trash....................

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
What’s funny is they are still picked as a Super Bowl favourite. Tell me how with a Defense like theirs they could be in the conversation. They should have 5 losses and their record is bull. Dallas by 17 let’s go!!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
They do. Problem is...that type of play seems to hinder them and get them hurt then they're crying about guys being hurt lol. Well that's part of it. Eagles made the SB because they stayed relatively healthy.
yeah. Deebo is always hurt because he's always fighting through tackles and whatnot.

I'll be honest. I don't see us beating them at full strength. And while I'm not hoping for injuries for them, it would give us a much greater chance.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
lol take away all those sacks and picks? Interesting way of looking at things. Take away all those touchdowns and every offense is trash
One again, my sarcasm was as thick as I could have possibly put it on, and yet it still was not enough....lol

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Well he wasn't last year. Y'all can discredit him now that he's gone but he had that unit looking better than they do this year.
Look at the QB’s and teams they played this year vs last.
Now add in less talent and injuries and it’s obvious the D isn’t going to look as good. Every good QB had a career day against that D last year so if he was here it would be even worse.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Their LB’s and safeties are garbage. That is why.

A LB that started for them against the Niners literally got cut this week. That’s how bad their LB’s are.

It’s all about their DL. If you can block them, you’re in good shape. The issue is, their defensive line can wreck a game if you don’t.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Look at the QB’s and teams they played this year vs last.
Now add in less talent and injuries and it’s obvious the D isn’t going to look as good. Every good QB had a career day against that D last year so if he was here it would be even worse.
I don’t discredit players or coaches for the schedule the NFL gives them. Everyone plays bad quarterbacks….

And look at the guys who’s beat yall up this year? Sam Howell TWICE? Mac Jones? Kirk Cousins? Not exactly murderers row.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yeah. Deebo is always hurt because he's always fighting through tackles and whatnot.

I'll be honest. I don't see us beating them at full strength. And while I'm not hoping for injuries for them, it would give us a much greater chance.
I mean if I sit here and said we’d beat them I’d have nothing to back that claim up. Just strictly hope and playing the numbers.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Will DAL Def show up, because they mailed it in last week.
Possibly looking ahead to this game. Or they were keeping some new twists under wraps.
Seattle was desperate, and they played like it.

Won't be long before we know....

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Here are the numbers:
Points allowed: 24th
Points allowed per drive: 29th
First downs allowed: 28th
3rd down defense: 32nd
Red zone defense: 29th
Take aways: 26th
Sacks: 12th
Sack percentage: 22nd

The Eagles have some very talented defensive players, but they also put bottom-tier players out there mixed in. There doesn't seem to be much in the middle. The bad players they have are really bad. Just keep the Eagles D line from the QB and watch the points roll in.

The Eagles defense has forced 33 3rd downs in the last two games. 23 of those were converted.

The offensive coordinator forgets that he has Swift to run the ball.

The defensive coordinator can make good adjustments against average teams but can't hide the lesser players from O.C.'s that know how to design plays.

We will win by 17.
The Eagles defense is bad.

We already knew that when we played them the first time. And nothing has changed until now.

Still i dont see us win.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I don’t discredit players or coaches for the schedule the NFL gives them. Everyone plays bad quarterbacks….

And look at the guys who’s beat yall up this year? Sam Howell TWICE? Mac Jones? Kirk Cousins? Not exactly murderers row.
Yup but they were effective against Tua and Mahomes which would’ve never happened last year.

The problem isn’t scheme, it’s talent. Last year it was the scheme.

cowboyed

Reaction score
They won the SB in 2017….Nick Foles ain’t walking through that door to save them lol.
Hard to believe it was almost 6 years ago, it seemed so recent. What an enigmatic quarterback Nick Foles was. It's like he became super-quarterback when the lights were on, everything was on the line and much of the world was watching.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this time of the year, that's a big advantage. Add to that home field and Dallas should, and I emphasize should, win.

But in division games, you never know...
I think at some point we have so much talent VS the eagles that Murphys law will be eliminated.