CFZ Eagles fans versus fans of other teams

GINeric

Reaction score
We sell our season tickets and boo our QB and throw garbage at him.

Fans are fans and losing brings out the worst in them!

As a fan of the Eagles, how many batteries have you thrown throughout the years??

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
we’ve pretty much owned all three East rivals over the years.
maybe the Giants and Commanders…We are 21 and 24 vs the Eagles from 2000 onwards. In terms of postseason glory This century they are mopping the floor with us. Let’s try to keep it a little bit real
100 % truth. Reality. Realism. Actuality. Happened. My butt is here, its firm. I know only the truth I speak.
I’ve seen cowboy fans trying to stir the pot at the Linc.
Not as often as the opposite… But I have seen it

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
As a fan of the Eagles, how many batteries have you thrown throughout the years??
I’ve been to the linc For half a dozen Eagles Cowboys games, and I have never seen anything like batteries being tossed… Does that really happen or is it just urban legend

Reid1boys

Reaction score
IN 1991 a 21 year old kid went to Veterans Stadium for the week 15 match up between the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles to decide the NFC East Champion. The kid pulls up and parks behind a guy about 40 years old. The kid is wearing a Cowboys sweatshirt and hat and the older guy promptly looks at him and says, " Oh great, a damn Cowboys fan."

The old guy takes the kid to the parking lot for a tailgate and feed him and gives him beers. As they walk to the stadium the Cowboys fan is shown where his seat was and told to enjoy the game as he disappeared into the stadium. The Cowboys fan watches one of the pivotal games in Cowboys History under new head coach, Jimmy Johnson. Kelvin Martin returns a punt 85 yards for a TD in the 4th quarter as Dallas pulls ahead for the victory and their first NFC East title under Jimy Johnson.

That 21 year old kid was me. I drove 10 hours from where I was stationed in NC to go to this game by myself. The Eagles fans treated me well and it is one of my favorite football memories.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I remember the days when we routinely shut the mouths of eaglet fans by winning when it matters most- the playoffs. Hate to say it but they have had more playoff success than we have the last qtr century.

When we have to say we’re better because of what we did decades ago rather than anytime recently, IMO it becomes a bragging point with a lot less steam. Just keeping it real. Yes we have a much better history. But when it’s been over a qtr century since we even win a divisional playoff game, it’s hard to get too puffed up. I would love to see us beat them in an NFC championship game.
IN the last what? 40 or so years, the Eagles have had 7 good seasons?

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
This is a great threat. When you cheer on an injured player that makes you really bad fans. Why are Philadelphia fans such obnoxious sports fans? It's not like the city of champions??? I just don't get it...

Working class city where sports are their entire lives.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
IN the last what? 40 or so years, the Eagles have had 7 good seasons?

They've been really good since 2000. 5 NFC championships from 2000-2007. Tons of playoff wins. They've been possibly a top 5 team in the league this century. We haven't. Nick Foles has more playoff wins in 2 season then we've had in 27 years. Got to give it to the team even if their fans are morons.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They've been really good since 2000. 5 NFC championships from 2000-2007. Tons of playoff wins. They've been possibly a top 5 team in the league this century. We haven't. Nick Foles has more playoff wins in 2 season then we've had in 27 years. Got to give it to the team even if their fans are morons.

Lets see.... I said they have had about 7 good season in 40 years.... which is about what you said. They had a nice run with McNabb... before McNabb.... GARBAGE for a decade, after Mcnabb.. Garbage again until Foles got hot, then Garbage again until this year.

Hardline

Reaction score
Phillys greatest sports hero is a fictional boxer.

If I was the commissioner I would try to force that pathetic franchise to relocate to a different city. That fan base doesn't deserve a team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

209- 148 9 east titles Eagles since 2000
194-169 6 East titles Cowboys since 2000

Keep in mind that during that span, the Eagles have had their greatest run as a team and the Cowboys have had their worst run as a team, and they still arent all that far off. I did that math in my head, so it may be off a game or two.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
209- 148 9 east titles Eagles since 2000
194-169 6 East titles Cowboys since 2000

Keep in mind that during that span, the Eagles have had their greatest run as a team and the Cowboys have had their worst run as a team, and they still arent all that far off. I did that math in my head, so it may be off a game or two.
The missing piece of that narrative is playoff success, since 2000 the eagles are 14-13 while the Cowboys are 3-8

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve been to all of our Rival venues and Philly is by far the worst fan base. They are animals .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ve been to the linc For half a dozen Eagles Cowboys games, and I have never seen anything like batteries being tossed… Does that really happen or is it just urban legend
According to Jimmy Johnson it happens.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The missing piece of that narrative is playoff success, since 2000 the eagles are 14-13 while the Cowboys are 3-8
not to mention two SB appearances and one SB victory. Meanwhile my father tells me that we won the SB a few times way back when.