Eagles give Mailata 3-yr, $66 million extension; What are we doing?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The team is run by a couple beta males with control issues. Passive aggressive. The team is built in that image. Which is why they sign jags.
We sign JAGs because the FO spend on elite contracts. Check the difference between Cowboys/ Eagles CAP spending on top 5 contracts. If you over compensate the upper levels of your CAP% they have to perform.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys quit fretting. You want the same garbage as the last 25 years? I don't.
Concentrate on filling holes in the draft. Plan on finish 3-4th in the division and grabbing a top QB in 2025.
Enjoy individual play and player development this year.
I'm telling you it's 1989 all over again and I'm happy about it.
Find me the next Staubach or Aikman!!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Guys quit fretting. You want the same garbage as the last 25 years? I don't.
Concentrate on filling holes in the draft. Plan on finish 3-4th in the division and grabbing a top QB in 2025.
Enjoy individual play and player development this year.
....and with this draft, which even Jones' has figured out matches our needs, (1st Rd OT, deep Center options in later rounds) we sure up the O-Line which, will aid a rookie QB (if we choose that route).

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What does this have to do with us?

Ceedee and Micah will get paid and when they do the board will complain they got paid
Only because of timing, amount and discussions by the Jones family. They make everything awkward and it riles the fanbase.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You need to find a head coach who is willing to deal with the owner who now thinks he knows what he's doing. Jerry bought the team in 1989 and most likely relied and trusted Johnson to make decisions, as the first bad season was a given. After time, I don't think I'm wrong in the fact that Jerry doesn't like to play second fiddle because he's not only the owner, but also the GM.

I have no clue what the cowboys are planning to do, but if it's to rebuild as others here think, with Jerry as the GM, things may not get brighter until Jerry is 6' under and perhaps Stephen hires a GM who knows what he's doing to run the show.

Ego and pride can be a great thing when used appropiately, but it can also be your downfall. That said, when you're a billionaire, who cares?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....and with this draft, which even Jones' has figured out matches our needs, (1st Rd OT, deep Center options in later rounds) we sure up the O-Line which, will aid a rookie QB (if we choose that route).
I'm hoping that's exactly what we're doing

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I'm hoping that's exactly what we're doing
Well the Eagles appear to acknowledge that fixing the O-Line (and RB) covers up the inadequacies of the QB. There's all this ...."if not Dak who, or it's difficult finding a QB". Its strange how we forget the 2016 formula.

I dont mind Dak, but not paid top market elite payment - ON HIS TERMS (length of contract, NTC,).

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well the Eagles appear to acknowledge that fixing the O-Line (and RB) covers up the inadequacies of the QB. There's all this ...."if not Dak who, or it's difficult finding a QB". Its strange how we forget the 2016 formula.

I dont mind Dak, but not paid top market elite payment - ON HIS TERMS (length of contract, NTC,).
The problem with Dak is post injury he cannot run the 2016 offense. He doesn't want to cut on that ankle, or maybe he cannot, or has been advised against it.
I kind of wonder if he'd pass a physical if traded because any team is going to work that ankle. I'd really like to see Lance in a mobile offense.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
We already have huge amounts of cap prorated 8m for Tyron this season along with Dak, Martin and Lawrence next season. Would you like to build up more!
If it gets us to the Super Bowl, I have no issue with that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We sign JAGs because the FO spend on elite contracts. Check the difference between Cowboys/ Eagles CAP spending on top 5 contracts. If you over compensate the upper levels of your CAP% they have to perform.
Jerry and Stevie continually overvalue our guys,which u nailed. So they create the problem, then act bumfuzzled as to why. lol Then Jerry says crap like we are all in, which shows complete ignorance on his part or hes just lying.

Xizor

Reaction score
I understand the negativity due to all the uncertainty of the coming year but I also remember a time when we would play an aging vet over a younger pup and people complained. Asim Richards looked pretty good to me last year in his limited snaps. When he came in you never heard anything bad happening. Edoga will just be the swing tackle. I think we feel pretty good about Asim. I also think we will feel better after the draft and there will be lots of competition in training camp. Heck even Prescott might be playing for his job. Eagles put a lot of money into Barkley. If it doesn't work out they are in trouble. There was no Charles Haley in this free agent pool. We already have him in Parsons and he is going to cost a lot.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes...and they are actively pursuing replacements and new ones. We have added...a long snapper?
We signed some of our own in other guys as well. :muttley:

No team is significantly better or worse. Dallas on paper does look worse. But could end up being addition by subtraction.
It is what people wanted but now complain. Out with the old, but no one new yet. Yes it is frustrating.

I would say Houston with the recent trade of Diggs, and a few other moves is the team that can be most improved.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jerry and Stevie continually overvalue our guys,which u nailed. So they create the problem, then act bumfuzzled as to why. lol Then Jerry says crap like we are all in, which shows complete ignorance on his part or hes just lying.
Let's be fair, Jerry's an octogenarian who'd tell you he wore woman's clothes if it got him publicity. Then again, WHO BELIEVED him, it could be argued that only the gullible believed him.
....that's not saying he's not responsible, nor that he hasn't gone ALL-IN, in his mind (and way he operates) 2023 WAS ALL-IN.
The HOPE, is that he's cleaned out the roster, taken a soft reset of the CAP and will now employ a PROPER GM, who's got a clean slate/talent and decisions on how to build....then again, hoping for that may be gullibility on my part.

Mannix

Reaction score
What does this have to do with us?

Ceedee and Micah will get paid and when they do the board will complain they got paid
Nope....I want MIcah gone....traded....and a host from 105.3 The Fan said this morning that he's heard from at least FOUR individuals that work at The Star that it would be welcome news....sounds like he is one big headache.

Xizor

Reaction score
Nope....I want MIcah gone....traded....and a host from 105.3 The Fan said this morning that he's heard from at least FOUR individuals that work at The Star that it would be welcome news....sounds like he is one big headache.
This is the stuff I don't understand. We mad we didn't make moves in free agency but want to get rid of our good players. Haley, Irvin, Dez, Owens, Cooper and many more Cowboys have been reported to be headaches. These are million dollar men. I don't feel there is a trade out there worth giving up 12 plus sacks a year myself. We know Lawrence is not going to replace that production. Free agency is a quick fix for a bad team. We have young players with contracts coming up soon. Parsons being one of them. This is why we aren't spending money on aging players and are instead bringing in younger players in the draft. On that note I do hope Parsons stops his podcast. Just too much for the media to eat feed on.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I’m glad they did. He ain’t that great.
He's one of the best young LT's in the NFL. Good pass protector and a devastating run blocker. Really amazing story too. Got drafted in the 7th round and didn't even know how to put his football gear on. I can't remember that ever happening in the NFL. Did know a thing about football when drafted and developed into one of the best LT in the NFL.