Eagles (GM & cap boy) vs Cowboys (GM & cap boy)

rambo2

Reaction score
The Eagles have signed Jalen Hurts to a $51 million per year extension and still have the cap to surround him with AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Dallas Goedert and Saquan Barkley. That may be the best offensive supporting cast in the entire NFL along with the 49ers. The Cowboys are about to resign Ezekiel Elliott.
The Cowboys beat the Eagles last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak was on franchise tag in 2020, so he was making top 5 money by then

2019 was the only year Dak was on his rookie deal and Romo wasn’t in the cap. But the problem with 2019 is that it was widely reported Dak and Dallas were in heavy negotiations as he was eligible after 2018, so Dallas had to hold cap space for that. In September 2019, Dallas still had to hold over 20m$ in cap space in lieu of a deal, as Dak’s first year cap hit did end up being 17m$ in 2021 of the contract.
He was not making top 5 money….Russ, Ben, Wentz, Goff, Cousins and Mahomes all made more…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess. It's not like the team was operating under a true QB rook salary and let it ride.

I'm sure the team could have done more, but this is the team and it's leadership we follow and we already know how they do things.
I think it’s an excuse…I’m not buying every year under Daks deal Romo was counting against our cap.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think it’s an excuse…I’m not buying every year under Daks deal Romo was counting against our cap.
Romo was the excuse why the Cowboys didn’t spend money the first two years of Dak’s contract. The excuse the next two years was we have to save cap room to pay Dak, Zeke, and Jaylon. Kind of the same excuse they are using now with Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons.

Big D

Reaction score
In 2016 when Dak & Zeke were making peanuts we were a veteran DT away. We drafted Taco. Jonathan Hankins was a free agent and 5 years younger than when we finally signed him in 2022/23. We didn't even make a serious attempt at response draft-wise until 2013 and even then it was going to take Mazi 2-3 yrs before he'd be able do what we needed to be done in 2017. With that type of reaction time no wonder it's been 30+ years.

:laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo was the excuse why the Cowboys didn’t spend money the first two years of Dak’s contract. The excuse the next two years was we have to save cap room to pay Dak, Zeke, and Jaylon. Kind of the same excuse they are using now with Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons.
Yeah this is exactly how I remember it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Franchise tag is based on the average of the top 5 players at that position, Kirk and Pat signed their extensions after Dak was tagged
I don’t know what or when deals were signed. I’m telling you I looked at salaries and he was not top 5. That’s an excuse for why they didn’t do more in free agency.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There is no excuse. Jones' don't know what they are doing.

Jerry's biggest regret not winning a SB with Romo.

Anyone won want to guess what his second one will be???

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There is no excuse. Jones' don't know what they are doing.

Jerry's biggest regret not winning a SB with Romo.

Anyone won want to guess what his second one will be???
Sadly they know what they are doing. Making a billion off of advertising by having Jerry say things like “all in” to keep the Cowboys in the news cycle. Now during draft season the team puts information like Dak won’t get in extension or we may not give him a contract until August. They know exactly what they are doing.