Eagles have not rec'd a 1st for Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I spent a month in El Paso one night...:D Tell JJ he still owes me money from our pyramid scheme in the 80s:laugh: (product seen below)

7e4e296531c6c303e2743f8f60ea0064.jpg
You spent a month in one night?
That's amazing!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Was a lot going on, a lot of moving parts that night :D (stole that El Paso line from Seinfeld) Atlantic City seemed to have the same effect on me...

One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Dak will be 28 this season, so definitely not old, but not a young pup either. I'd take Burrow/Herbert over Dak in a minute...they're signed too.
Burrow is Alex smith.

and josh Herbet will take the chargers 5-11. Even Blake bortles threw 30 touchdowns

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think Wentz Contract really had any barring on the team's decline. Had both sides of the line of scrimmage stacked. Poor drafting and an aging roster caught up with them. When you roster starts to get old, they have to have prospects ready to step in.

Just take a look at this last draft. Eagles wanted a WR in the first round. They were heart broken when the Cowboys took Lamb.

But when they were on the clock they had their pick of a whole bunch of great WR's. And who did they take? Jaylon Reagor. Just an example of one guy, they left Justin Jefferson on the board and passed on him. The guy is a complete stud. Probably wind up being better than Lamb.

Drafting is everything. Wentz had NOTHING to do with the poor team around him.

And as we look back at last years draft and WR being such a strong draft.............one could argue that taking a WR with our #1 pick was foolish. Because WR was such a deep position you could get a great one into the 3rd round.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He's worth a 2nd. Worth trading for, but not as a long term starter. Could be an interim starter for a team that drafts a QB.
Some team will steal Wentz, seems crazy to the masses, but you just watch... situation and opportunity is everything.
Wentz isnt the total garbage that everyone says he is... he just got slapped in the face and told that he isnt as special as he thinks he is.
Wentz is this leagues Mathew Stafford level talent,, and thats no disrespect intended toward Mathew, you know I love you brother,,, Wentz.. its time you grow the hell up and realize.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wince or Gimp since you love to tag with fun names. Actually not much difference in the two, if you take off your Homer glasses there isn't a lot of difference in there careers. They are second tier QB's at best.
The only thing that might hurt Dak today is his injured leg.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ehh I might as well spill it.

Dak is going to be signed and traded to the 49ers for 150m/4 years 3 days after its reported Watson is headed to Miami. Zach Wilson is coming to Dallas btw

Remember to QUOTE me the third week of March.

I write the scripts for the NFL. I use to work for WWE.

That would be fantastic if you could pull it off, Jerry. I guess trading up for Zach? I have to say though, Dak on the 49ers will be a bit troublesome. But after that contract they'll be shedding defensive lineman. Third week in March. Can't wait.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Another thread out of place. Why are posters so reluctant to post NFL topics in the NFL Zone?

Brax

Reaction score
The only thing that might hurt Dak today is his injured leg.
That isn't going to be a problem IMO, regardless of what some say at his age and work ethic he will be pretty close to the same player if not the same one. The contract is dependent on what the Jones boys think about it for the $$$ they will be investing in a QB, that's the only glitch for Dak at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.