Eagles have not rec'd a 1st for Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamma

Reaction score
And Im a Turkish millionaire, maybe we should be BFFs

I'm a crown prince from somewhere. I need someone to hold my millions. All I need you to do is send me a hundred bucks so I can get that right out to you. Then you can keep half of it. Sound good? I can't believe people fell for that.

But with this guy, if nothing else it's exciting to me. It's like the end of the world predictions. Gives you something unusual to look forward to. I'm not going to bad mouth him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm a crown prince from somewhere. I need someone to hold my millions. All I need you to do is send me a hundred bucks so I can get that right out to you. Then you can keep half of it. Sound good? I can't believe people fell for that.

But with this guy, if nothing else it's exciting to me. It's like the end of the world predictions. Gives you something unusual to look forward to. I'm not going to bad mouth him.
Yes, Ive always loved Nostradamus predictions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That isn't going to be a problem IMO, regardless of what some say at his age and work ethic he will be pretty close to the same player if not the same one. The contract is dependent on what the Jones boys think about it for the $$$ they will be investing in a QB, that's the only glitch for Dak at this point.
Agreed.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think they can get a 1st if they take back a contract the sending team doesn't want.
But not a 1st high enough to get a QB at that slot.
Indy or Bears highest I could see.

I wouldn't take the Eagles GM job (I won't even take connecting flights into philly airports) but if I were I'd try to trade Wentz for a 1 and conditional (3/4/5) by giving up a 2nd.
Then I'd trade down from 6 to someone who wants 1 of the 4 QBs.
I would absolutely without doubt not take an offensive weapon there at 6. (Both my lines are aging and falling behind the rest of the NFCE and I used my top pick last year on a weapon with my 2nd on a QB)

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think they can get a 1st if they take back a contract the sending team doesn't want.
But not a 1st high enough to get a QB at that slot.
Indy or Bears highest I could see.

I wouldn't take the Eagles GM job (I won't even take connecting flights into philly airports) but if I were I'd try to trade Wentz for a 1 and conditional (3/4/5) by giving up a 2nd.
Then I'd trade down from 6 to someone who wants 1 of the 4 QBs.
I would absolutely without doubt not take an offensive weapon there at 6. (Both my lines are aging and falling behind the rest of the NFCE and I used my top pick last year on a weapon with my 2nd on a QB)
WINCE will be coaching at a HS somewhere in ND in 2 years. Its in his head now...meaning the injury he had and all his failures. Reminds me of Jim Everett. Same thing happened to him more or less. Decent QB but things crept into his mind and he was DONE at that point.

lukin2006

Reaction score
They would. Watson is going to command 4-5 firsts alone.

the reality is all NFL executives know most quarterbacks right now... suck.

Outside of

Mahomes
Dak
Watson

all the young under 30 quarterbacks are looking like one hit wonders or generic system quarterbacks. No wonder NFL.com has Dak the #1 free agent and Watson the best quarterback potentially prospect available.
Yeah, I know...that guy in Tampa that just won the Super Bowl will be out of the league in a few years...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It's probably a blessing in disguise as I think Wentz is still a good QB. Yes, had a poor season, but like us their line was a mess all season long.
Wentz has had some basic issues since he entered the league.
He has mediocre footwork and below average ball handling.
His mobility is average after injuries and costly because of the ball security issues.
His accuracy follow his footwork so can be spotty.

Dak had some of those same issues but worked with the best QB coach he could get in Brady's old Coach.

My biggest issue with Carson is lack of improvement.

All that said the team pulled the rug out from under him with 30 year FA signings, trading off draft picks for stop gap starters and basically reducing his leadership voice to nil.
It never really felt like his team.
The best players won a Super Bowl with another dude.
They are all Champions but he is a paper tiger.

But Carson Wentz still has a very high ceiling.
He's a better raw QB than Ryan Tannehill who finally found his groove to play winning football.

I think you can get Carson back to 11-15 in QB efficiency next year with a good offensive coach and solid team around him.
Do that and the Eagles eat a lot of dead money to make Carson reasonably affordable over the next 3-4 years as a midline type starter.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Think it safe to say right now this kid's confidence is as lowest as ever. Think about it, he lost his starting job to a rookie and now finds no team thinks he worth a 1st round pick. Major repair job for his new team.......

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
WINCE will be coaching at a HS somewhere in ND in 2 years. Its in his head now...meaning the injury he had and all his failures. Reminds me of Jim Everett. Same thing happened to him more or less. Decent QB but things crept into his mind and he was DONE at that point.
Could be but I'm not so sure that's the case.
This is a QB starved league.
I mean we saw Weeden here and he lasted til 35.

But he's a stock at the bottom and I'd be willing to buy on it if I needed a QB.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Wentz has had some basic issues since he entered the league.
He has mediocre footwork and below average ball handling.
His mobility is average after injuries and costly because of the ball security issues.
His accuracy follow his footwork so can be spotty.

Dak had some of those same issues but worked with the best QB coach he could get in Brady's old Coach.

My biggest issue with Carson is lack of improvement.

All that said the team pulled the rug out from under him with 30 year FA signings, trading off draft picks for stop gap starters and basically reducing his leadership voice to nil.
It never really felt like his team.
The best players won a Super Bowl with another dude.
They are all Champions but he is a paper tiger.

But Carson Wentz still has a very high ceiling.
He's a better raw QB than Ryan Tannehill who finally found his groove to play winning football.

I think you can get Carson back to 11-15 in QB efficiency next year with a good offensive coach and solid team around him.
Do that and the Eagles eat a lot of dead money to make Carson reasonably affordable over the next 3-4 years as a midline type starter.

Fair points about Wentz. I think if I'm a needy QB team and try to get him now at a discount price. We saw Jalen Hurts late in the season, he doesn't look like he is the answer at the position. Best thing is for the Eagles to surround Wentz with more talent and hope to has a big turnoaround season.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
They haven't received a 1st? In other words, they haven't found a sucker. Wentz isn't worth a first.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Fair points about Wentz. I think if I'm a needy QB team and try to get him now at a discount price. We saw Jalen Hurts late in the season, he doesn't look like he is the answer at the position. Best thing is for the Eagles to surround Wentz with more talent and hope to has a big turnoaround season.
His value is so low having to trade him now is crazy but they have such a toxic environment they pretty much do have to.
Eagles and Texans trying to out trash each other in the front office.
Wild times.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
His value is so low having to trade him now is crazy but they have such a toxic environment they pretty much do have to.
Eagles and Texans trying to out trash each other in the front office.
Wild times.

We should all celebrate when the Eagles deal him away for pennies on the dollar. They would go into total rebuild mode.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think Wentz Contract really had any barring on the team's decline. Had both sides of the line of scrimmage stacked. Poor drafting and an aging roster caught up with them. When you roster starts to get old, they have to have prospects ready to step in.

Maybe, but Vin Curry left the 2018, Tim Jernigan left in 2019, Vaitai left in 2020, Wisniewski left in 2018, all starting lineman on both sides of the ball. None of those guys retired, they all went on to play for other teams so it wasn't an age thing. I think coaching was also a big part of it as well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe, but Vin Curry left the 2018, Tim Jernigan left in 2019, Vaitai left in 2020, Wisniewski left in 2018, all starting lineman on both sides of the ball. None of those guys retired, they all went on to play for other teams so it wasn't an age thing. I think coaching was also a big part of it as well.
They are more role players, the Eagles haven't lost any impact starters until Jenkins left last season. Yes, coaching and lack of leadership within that locker room.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
They are more role players, the Eagles haven't lost any impact starters until Jenkins left last season. Yes, coaching and lack of leadership within that locker room.

Those were all starters, they were not roll players.

Status
Not open for further replies.