Eagles hire Kellen Moore as OC

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have an active FO unlike ours
They have the offensive talent, just need a better scheme and play caller
They will get the talent they need on defense
Fangio is Daks kryptonite
They have talent on defense. A lot of it is very young or on IR or both.

Cmac

Reaction score
Funny how this is ignored when the various Romo/Dak “playoff records” comparison is repeatedly brought up, and those differences were even greater.

But, that’s beside the point, since I never claimed it was some equivalent comparison, just whether “we’ll see” if Hurts is better or worse than Dak in running Moore’s offense.
Solution: Ask Justin Herbert.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I wonder if he learned from the JG school of sabotage? I'd like to give KM credit for being a better person, but that coaching tree is questionable.
Very highly I might add. I can see Kellen taking the interim tag mid season for the eagles.

Reactions: CWR

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The Eagles haven't fired Siriani? Words cannot express what I think of that, so here's an image that does:

cuckoo-clock.png
:lmao:

Creeper

Reaction score
So the Eagles will be running at least one stupid play inside the 10 yard line now.

Ken

Reaction score
Howie looked at the Chargers MID offense and just had to have him. LOL.

Hurts is going to go from a gimmick offense to a antiquated offense brought into modern times through madden create a play book.

Creeper

Reaction score
One other point I would make, we will be seeing news like this the entire off-season as our competitors sign new players trying to improve their teams. The Giants, Commanders, 49ers, Lions, and Eagles will all make trades or sign players in free agency while we sit around waiting for Jerry to do something. It happens every off-season.

These other teams see their weaknesses and make an attempt to fix them. You can bet they will do it again in 2024. The only question is, while Jerry do it differently this year? Will he make a big trade where he doesn't get fleeced? Will he be active the first week of free agency? If these things don't happen, then 2024 will be a lost season, again. Signing 3rd tier free agents and hyping them up as big improvements will not work anymore.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Dak can't be trash like a lot of you say if Kellen Moore keeps getting jobs. He got the SD and the Eagles job for what Dak did despite Moore being the playcaller/OC.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The bloom is off the Howie Roseman rose. While the coaching moves he has made for 2024 are still TBD, he really pooped the bed in 2023.
All GM's, good or bad, make mistakes. The good ones are good because they can recover quickly. Roseman has shown in the past that he is quite capable of doing so.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious this place thinks killing more sucks yet he seems to get jobs pretty quickly.....

My take,

The Eagles are hiring coaches that know how or at least have a shot at beating the Cowboys first and foremost,

I mean, Moore knows Dan Quinn’s defense pretty well and Nick Fangio’s defense always give our offenses trouble for some strange reason. Not saying it makes them unbeatable, but they seem to be strategically finding coordinators that know the Cowboys pretty damn well. division first

blueblood70

Reaction score
One other point I would make, we will be seeing news like this the entire off-season as our competitors sign new players trying to improve their teams. The Giants, Commanders, 49ers, Lions, and Eagles will all make trades or sign players in free agency while we sit around waiting for Jerry to do something. It happens every off-season.

These other teams see their weaknesses and make an attempt to fix them. You can bet they will do it again in 2024. The only question is, while Jerry do it differently this year? Will he make a big trade where he doesn't get fleeced? Will he be active the first week of free agency? If these things don't happen, then 2024 will be a lost season, again. Signing 3rd tier free agents and hyping them up as big improvements will not work anymore.
I'm sorry dude but you're in the wrong thread trying to make a point about free agency if you think the Eagles hiring fired coaches that did not succeed very much in their other stops somehow is improving the team more than Jerry Jones does you're not paying attention... Besides the fact that the giants and commanders have been last year in and year out somehow you're applauding them we won the division from the Eagles this year did you like forget that are you saying none of the moves we made in the offseason were good or some of the ones we tried to plug holes during the season were not good except for the fact that we won 12 games again and outside the 49ers who seem to beat most people they're a top team in the NFL's top three you're like trying to pop up competitors that were not better than us this year....

Seriously you're going to run around and troll every thread and say the same thing all season for the next six months that weekend we expect from most of you just going to say the same thing every offseason over and over and over we all understand our team and our front office but we also understand we've won 36 games in the last three seasons we've won the division twice in the last three seasons we've been to the playoffs three straight years the last three seasons not like we're putting a bad product on the field...

So yes we need to improve in the offseason like everyone else and we do I'm not sure how you equate to what's been going on the last three years to somehow not keeping up with the rest of the league and yet somehow we had a lot of all pros pro bowlers guys being talked up in the media yes the last game sucked but it doesn't make our team less than the ones you were mentioning///

if you think Gilmore and cooks are third tier and we add some of the other guys who seem to at least both through the draft undrafted free agents and other areas that were able to be really solid backups and I remember when Hankin's went out everyone was screaming while he was assigning as well...

The Cowboys front office does quite a bit more than many in here wanna mock they don't wanna give them credit for anything but this team has been on the verge for a while and I get it we once again failed in the biggest game

but I still understand how the eagle signing Kelly Moore our cast off the chargers cast off and then bringing in a fire defensive coordinator they made a bunch of moves in the middle of the season that made no impact whatsoever but everyone over here Pats him on the back because they made moves that didn't help the team...

Mark

Reaction score
Whether this is a good move for Philly remains to be seen. He may know us, but we know him too. How did the Chargers game turn out this past season?

What I do grudgingly appreciate about their organization is the willingness to make bold HR moves. Certainly not the case in Dallas.

DZSierra

Reaction score
That's kind of what I'm getting at though. HE was just in the SB....let him make the changes. Instead, the front office panicked when Gannon and the OC left and decided to hire coaches FOR Sirianni. And they are doing it again. This time with more experience and reputable names but its still the same thing.

Things collapsing once OC or DC's leave shouldn't be the case. Shanahan and McVey lose coaches all the time and it doesn't hurt them.
After looking, what I've read so far is that both the head coach and GM were making calls to fill positions. Now what percentage of "authority" fell to who is anyones guess.

Reality is I have no clue. One could argue they wanted first dibs on their highest picks so to speak.

Although they could be screwing up big time, the reality is they at least needed a head defensive coach. I didn't think anyone could play defense worse than the eagles this year, but that freaking Green Bay game proved me wrong.