Eagles home team for NFL week 1 game in Brazil

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The NFL usually tries to do that. But the team also can deny the bye right after. I believe the Jaguars did this a few times. One being last season.

But they will not have a bye week as soon as week 2. And it is not like of it is an overseas flight.
It may even be a game before Sunday.
Philadelphia to Sao Paulo, Brazil is a longer flight than Phillly to London or Philly to Munich. “Not like it is an overseas flight.”

plymkr

Reaction score

Okay I’m glad the Eagles will have to make the trip and it hurts their home schedule. But I think it’s total BS that a team is scheduled to play an out of country game on week 1. Well I guess 2 teams obviously. I don’t think they should have any teams playing overseas unless they have a bye immediately after the game so the players can rest. I feel this puts an unfair disadvantage to the Eagles and other team for week 2. I’d be furious if I was an Eagles fan or whoever team is playing them.

Majic

Reaction score
Jerry said he wasn’t interested in playing in Brazil or Europe. He said the only international game he would consider would be one in Mexico. The NFL is not going to mess with ole Jer. As long as he keeps stacking 90,000 fans in Jerry World they will leave him be.
To get a SB back in Dallas he will have to give up a home game. This will be a Mexico game I imagine when there are 9 home games.

Would not be surprised if Dallas are the road team against Carolina in 2024 scheduled for Germany

Majic

Reaction score
Okay I’m glad the Eagles will have to make the trip and it hurts their home schedule. But I think it’s total BS that a team is scheduled to play an out of country game on week 1. Well I guess 2 teams obviously. I don’t think they should have any teams playing overseas unless they have a bye immediately after the game so the players can rest. I feel this puts an unfair disadvantage to the Eagles and other team for week 2. I’d be furious if I was an Eagles fan or whoever team is playing them.
But by scheduling it on a Friday they get a long rest for Week 2 (maybe on MNF that week as well)

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I've been to Brazil and worked with many people from São Paulo. I hope that they have really good security. They MIGHT not all get on the return flight.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Hopefully I’ll need to get a new app to watch it. Something more unpopular than Peacock if I’m lucky.

Jayinem

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

They're already going to be in a season where they have 9 road games and 8 (now 7) home games. Or they should be at least, they definitely had 9 home games this past season.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think any games played outside the States should automatically fall the week before a team's bye week. Not that I mind the Eagles suffering from all the travel, but eventually it'll happen to the Cowboys too.
They are playing it on Friday. Gives them more days rest. How often do they play a Friday game in week 1?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The wealthiest sports league in the world is so desperate for new revenue that’s it’s getting pathetic. Most of the people attending games abroad are ex-pats.

csirl

Reaction score
The wealthiest sports league in the world is so desperate for new revenue that’s it’s getting pathetic. Most of the people attending games abroad are ex-pats.
Not true, vast majority are not Americans.. Many are or have been involved in the sport in their country. Go to a game in London and you'll see fans from all over Europe, many wearing their local amateur club jerseys. There's a great atmosphere at these games as you meet people from many countries.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
But by scheduling it on a Friday they get a long rest for Week 2 (maybe on MNF that week as well)
Not as good as getting the Week one Thursday night game, but since every team will be expected to play international games this is a nice one. Monstrously long trip, but the Eagles have flexibility on when they go, as it’s game one and it’s only a two time zone change as opposed to six playing in Germany. It’s three hour difference just playing on the US west coast. And then the extra 48 hours before the next game. See if Philly doesn’t get the week two MNF. It’s a tough “home game”, but the Eagles get favorable scheduling, somehow, every season.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not true, vast majority are not Americans.. Many are or have been involved in the sport in their country. Go to a game in London and you'll see fans from all over Europe, many wearing their local amateur club jerseys. There's a great atmosphere at these games as you meet people from many countries.
Whatever. It’s a money grab for the NFL and inconsiderate to the teams fan bases. Does Man U play regular season premier league games in the US? No. They could sell out any stadium but that’s not the point. There isn’t this obsession with growing the game.

It’s the same thing as the playoff game on peacock app. Pure money grab with zero consideration to the fan base of the teams involved or any fans.