Eagles home team for NFL week 1 game in Brazil

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is sheer uncontrolled greed of the owners.
They make billions per year now but it isnt enough. They want to stack their gold ever higher.
That is because they allowed the pay to get out of control. Paying players over $20 million to $50 million a year.

Adreme

Reaction score
That is because they allowed the pay to get out of control. Paying players over $20 million to $50 million a year.
I mean the pay skyrocketed because the rookie wage scale cut down on what rookies made. Furthermore the cap also skyrocketed to pair with that.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I mean the pay skyrocketed because the rookie wage scale cut down on what rookies made. Furthermore the cap also skyrocketed to pair with that.
The salary cap is negotiated and so stipulated in the CBA It is tied to, among other things, TV revenues. It can also go down, although highly unlikely. Teams over any running four year span cannot fall below 85% of the cap in player salary. It is not simply the owners being irresponsible. The salary cap keeps player salaries within reason. “Within reason” to the NFL and NFLPA is not necessarily what the typical NFL fan considers within reason.

Adreme

Reaction score
The salary cap is negotiated and so stipulated in the CBA It is tied to, among other things, TV revenues. It can also go down, although highly unlikely. Teams over any running four year span cannot fall below 85% of the cap in player salary. It is not simply the owners being irresponsible. The salary cap keeps player salaries within reason. “Within reason” to the NFL and NFLPA is not necessarily what the typical NFL fan considers within reason.
I mean within reason is basically saying that players should be compensated x% of the overall revenue. The fact that the owners try to maximize said revenue is technically not on the players, though it is the job of the owners.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
no that all comes out of the cap which comes from the tv money which is also higher each year.
This way the owners have little cost to run a team so the other money they make is mostly gravy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no that all comes out of the cap which comes from the tv money which is also higher each year.
This way the owners have little cost to run a team so the other money they make is mostly gravy.
I meant more they over pay certain positions, and as other position groups want their slice of the pie, it makes it get out of hand as it is.
Yes I realize the cap in contained within the TV contracts and other revenues.