Eagles home team for NFL week 1 game in Brazil

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I've been to Brazil and worked with many people from São Paulo. I hope that they have really good security. They MIGHT not all get on the return flight.
Got that right. Americans need to stick to tourists districts and watch your backsides and pocket books/wallets. Beautiful place if not facing favelas but dangerous as hell.

The Natural

Reaction score
I've been to Brazil and worked with many people from São Paulo. I hope that they have really good security. They MIGHT not all get on the return flight.
:rolleyes: this is a dramatic take. Anybody with any bit of street smarts has nothing to be scared of down there

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

They're already going to be in a season where they have 9 road games and 8 (now 7) home games. Or they should be at least, they definitely had 9 home games this past season.
I thought the NFC has the nine home games this season.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Whatever. It’s a money grab for the NFL and inconsiderate to the teams fan bases. Does Man U play regular season premier league games in the US? No. They could sell out any stadium but that’s not the point. There isn’t this obsession with growing the game.

It’s the same thing as the playoff game on peacock app. Pure money grab with zero consideration to the fan base of the teams involved or any fans.
An organization in a capitalist country trying to make more money. Whoda thunk?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I thought the NFC has the nine home games this season.
They do. Our extra game against the AFC was in LA against the Chargers this past season. We get an extra home game this coming season, as does Philly.

plymkr

Reaction score
But by scheduling it on a Friday they get a long rest for Week 2 (maybe on MNF that week as well)
I hope so, just for competitive fairness. I think it’s a bit much to ask a team to fly out of the country and then come back, get reacclimated, then play again a couple days later.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
:rolleyes: this is a dramatic take. Anybody with any bit of street smarts has nothing to be scared of down there
False.

The cartels in São Paulo are known to threaten the families of taxi drivers. You can get into a taxi at the airport and find yourself being killed for the gold crown on one of your molars. My company hired the Pinkerton Agency to drive me around. My driver saved me from at least robbery three times, so please do not try to tell me that what I know to be true is actually false.

The Natural

Reaction score
False.

The cartels in São Paulo are known to threaten the families of taxi drivers. You can get into a taxi at the airport and find yourself being killed for the gold crown on one of your molars. My company hired the Pinkerton Agency to drive me around. My driver saved me from at least robbery three times, so please do not try to tell me that what I know to be true is actually false.
First of all who the hell calls a taxi? I've been there solo, took uber to and from the airport. Walked the streets, no issue. If you look like a meal (which you probably do), you'd be a meal anywhere.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If the 49ers win the SB, they get to host the Thursday opener.

Their 2024 home games?
  • Arizona
  • LA Rams
  • Seattle
  • Chicago
  • Detroit
  • New England
  • NY Jets
  • Dallas
  • Kansas City
My guess is the SB rematch, but Detroit and Dallas could be in the mix.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What a joke, NFL just wont give up on this idea of NFL all over the world, it is so stupid. All about the owners greed, more ! more !
Soccer interests are making efforts to establish their game and increase its popularity in the US. NFL owners are smart enough to know not growing your brand is not good business.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If the 49ers win the SB, they get to host the Thursday opener.

Their 2024 home games?
  • Arizona
  • LA Rams
  • Seattle
  • Chicago
  • Detroit
  • New England
  • NY Jets
  • Dallas
  • Kansas City
My guess is the SB rematch, but Detroit and Dallas could be in the mix.
Or Jets if Rodgers is playing.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The wealthiest sports league in the world is so desperate for new revenue that’s it’s getting pathetic. Most of the people attending games abroad are ex-pats.
It is sheer uncontrolled greed of the owners.
They make billions per year now but it isnt enough. They want to stack their gold ever higher.