Twitter: Eagles open as 3 point underdogs against 49ers

mote

Reaction score
This is going to be the same as Eagles/Chiefs game. 49ers coming in as stoked as they were for us, which means Kittle will be sporting a new T-shirt. :muttley:
And the Eagles are going to take being home underdogs personally AND remember the 49ers trash talking last year AFTER they were dominated and took the L.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
And the Eagles are going to take being home underdogs personally AND remember the 49ers trash talking last year AFTER they were dominated and took the L.
49ers had no QB. All 3 guys out. We would have been dominated too. Oh, that’s right, we were when our #2 played them.

Mark

Reaction score
Barring unforeseen catastrophe, SF at -3 is a lead-pipe lock.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is all true, but then why did the 49ers go out and talk about how this was an illegitimate victory for the Eagles and they "would have won", etc., etc. Yes, Purdy plays the most important position on the field, but good teams at least have some sort of insurance policy against an injury or illness. It was the 49ers hubris that did them in. We all know that backup QBs have won big games....
I don’t remember the logistics but I think SF lost Garappolo in late December. That threw a wrench in their postseason QB depth. I don’t care about the Niners hubris after they lost because it had nothing to do with what went on during the game. Are you a Philly fan or sympathizer? It shouldn’t matter if you are not :thumbup:

mote

Reaction score
I don’t remember the logistics but I think SF lost Garappolo in late December. That threw a wrench in their postseason QB depth. I don’t care about the Niners hubris after they lost because it had nothing to do with what went on during the game. Are you a Philly fan or sympathizer? It shouldn’t matter if you are not :thumbup:
All I'm saying is don't walk along a tightrope without a net and then complain if you get hurt when you fall. The poor planning was on the 49ers.

I guess we will find out again this week if the prediction of the 49ers beating the Eagles in Philly is as much a lock as the bold predictions that the Eagles would lose to KC at Arrowhead and the desperate Bills at home.

rambo2

Reaction score
All I'm saying is don't walk along a tightrope without a net and then complain if you get hurt when you fall. The poor planning was on the 49ers.

I guess we will find out again this week if the prediction of the 49ers beating the Eagles in Philly is as much a lock as the bold predictions that the Eagles would lose to KC at Arrowhead and the desperate Bills at home.
Your Eagles could have easily lost the last 2 games and will be underdogs in the next 2.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That should be an interesting game to watch -- at some point, you'd think pulling for the Eagles to lose might pay off! :huh: :grin:

CCBoy

Reaction score
That should be an interesting game to watch -- at some point, you'd think pulling for the Eagles to lose might pay off! :huh: :grin:
Straight up, beat 'em Golden Gate City! I crossed that bridge to be sworn into the Army during Viet Nam.
It's your card game to bid and win, Cowboys!!

3's your number to win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Hopefully they both destroy each other with injuries.

this will only motivate the eagles and I bet Siriani is going to use that as bulletin board material all week. these eagles have learned how to survive, make plays at crucial times, not make mistakes late and come out with wins. but this is a tough match up for them, as SF is better at rushing and creating pressure with their front 4, dropping 7 into coverage which makes it difficult on Eagles. The bills had success with that until they went away from it and it cost them the game in the 4th quarter. hoping SF wins this one

jwitten82

Reaction score
This is all true, but then why did the 49ers go out and talk about how this was an illegitimate victory for the Eagles and they "would have won", etc., etc. Yes, Purdy plays the most important position on the field, but good teams at least have some sort of insurance policy against an injury or illness. It was the 49ers hubris that did them in. We all know that backup QBs have won big games....
Lol what are you talking about? The 49ers not only lost Purdy that game but also their backup. McCaffrey was their emergency QB they were using

blueblood70

Reaction score
In my opinion what the Eagles or 49ers do the rest of the way doesn't matter at all, we literally would probably have to win out to even have a shot at the number one seed or win the division so that's almost a fantasy right now.. If I was forced to pick someone in this game the 49ers would do us a favor beating the Eagles for sure so we would have to hope for that even though it's really not in the cards for us to catch up to them...

Ask people have spoke about already if you can't win the division maybe you're better as the fifth seed so when do we start making sure we land on #5 and not say #4/3 or whatever...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Home dog at 10-1 coming off Superbowl run??? Not good for Purdy!!

I hope the Kid can take a Hit!!
Well, that's the only reason the Eagles beat them last year they knocked brock out of the game... I'm still gonna have to pull for the 49ers because an Eagles loss is gonna help us even though it's a long shot it'll be nice to see the Eagles lose to the same team we lost to and also lose to a team we beat so that's kinda just for fans that would be nice

Creeper

Reaction score
It depends on who is playing. Is Lane Johnson back and ready to play? Is Fletcher Cox? Jordan Davis? Zack Cunningham? With those guys I think the Eagles win and it would not surprise me if they won easily in Philly. Without those guys I think it is a very different ball game. I do not think Hurts will run much with Warner and Greenlaw chasing him down, but if Johnson plays, he won't have to.

The SF secondary can be beat if you can block their pass rush. The Cowboys did not challenge them downfield enough. Hurts will go deep on them and he will hit smith and Brown for some long gains.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think the eagles will win this one. Sorry guys but they are just a good team. IMO, if you can beat KC, you can beat the 49ers. The only way the 49ers win is if some really good players go down on the eagles side.

Dakota

Reaction score
Hard game to call, but common sense favors the 49ers. Eagles have been extremely fortunate (lucky) in several games this season. Are the 49ers going to finally put an end to their lucky streak? Are the eagles going to play their first complete game of the season? 49ers are healthy, eagles are missing Goedert, Johnson, Cunningham, Dean and Cox. I think the injuries may be the reason behind the line.