Twitter: Eagles open as 3 point underdogs against 49ers

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Is this your way of saying that not wishing harm on people is an antiquated concept?
No, that's my way of saying if I wished Jaylon broke his leg, that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cowboys. That's silly superstitious BS. That's like saying the Cowboys lost because I wore a blue jersey.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Sounds like Vegas is expecting Lane Johnson to be out. If his status changes, it will be interesting to see the line movement

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, that's my way of saying if I wished Jaylon broke his leg, that has absolutely nothing to do with the Cowboys. That's silly superstitious BS. That's like saying the Cowboys lost because I wore a blue jersey.
Of course the part about being bad juju is superstitious, but that doesn't mean it's not in poor taste.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No, the 49ers aren't that good. It's the 10-1 Eagles that aren't that good.

Let's see, if the Patriots and Cowboys don't mess up on goal-to-go possessions, if the Commanders hold onto leads against Philly TWICE, and if the Chiefs don't drop a late touchdown pass, the "best team in the NFL" is.......

5-6.

mote

Reaction score
SF didn’t have a QB that game……
Purdy started the game, but the Eagles D-line knocked him out. It's not the Eagles' fault that SF didn't double team or chip Reddick, or that they didn't have a legitimate backup QB to at least attempt to salvage the game. For SF to then talk trash after the game like they "would have won" added insult to Purdy's injury, and I'm sure the Eagles haven't forgotten.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Purdy started the game, but the Eagles D-line knocked him out. It's not the Eagles' fault that SF didn't double team or chip Reddick, or that they didn't have a legitimate backup QB to at least attempt to salvage the game. For SF to then talk trash after the game like they "would have won" added insult to Purdy's injury, and I'm sure the Eagles haven't forgotten.
Purdy was knocked out in the first quarter. Regardless of what you said, excuses, whatever doesn’t change the fact that the Eagles played a team without a QB for over three quarters. That was a clear advantage playing a one-dimensional team. I never said SF would have won if Purdy never got injured, we will never know. But, I do know that SF had no chance once he went out. He was rushed in for the 2nd half but all he could do was handoff, think he attempted two dink passes is all.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is going to be the same as Eagles/Chiefs game. 49ers coming in as stoked as they were for us, which means Kittle will be sporting a new T-shirt. :muttley:

mote

Reaction score
Purdy was knocked out in the first quarter. Regardless of what you said, excuses, whatever doesn’t change the fact that the Eagles played a team without a QB for over three quarters. That was a clear advantage playing a one-dimensional team. I never said SF would have won if Purdy never got injured, we will never know. But, I do know that SF had no chance once he went out. He was rushed in for the 2nd half but all he could do was handoff, think he attempted two dink passes is all.
This is all true, but then why did the 49ers go out and talk about how this was an illegitimate victory for the Eagles and they "would have won", etc., etc. Yes, Purdy plays the most important position on the field, but good teams at least have some sort of insurance policy against an injury or illness. It was the 49ers hubris that did them in. We all know that backup QBs have won big games....