Twitter: Eagles open as 3 point underdogs against 49ers

Swagger

Reaction score
They looked like crap against teams like the giants too, the commanders for example. Let’s be honest, 9 times out of 10, when a team is squeaking out wins like the Eagles are this season, they just aren’t that great, like the Vikings last year. The niners are in great form so it’s not that crazy to have them favored, even on the road. I personally can’t figure the Eagles out because they were legit good last season but just haven’t been that this season. Yet they keep winning. Are they worse then last season and just lucky, or are they underperforming badly but their class shows through just in time to pull out games for them? We might not know until the playoffs, but if Dallas gets the 5th seed, beats the NFC South team and heads to Philly for round 2, I’d be pretty damn excited to find out.
The Eagles' secondary and linebackers are the worry for them. They could get gutted apart against strong offenses. The offense just does enough to win. I feel they have a few more gears to click into especially as Hurts arguably hasn't even reached his peak form on a consistent basis this season.

The 49ers will be juiced up and gunning for revenge having been smashed to pieces and obliterated by the Eagles in the play offs last season.

There's less pressure on the Eagles after outlasting the Bills last week.

Interesting game.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
No, the 49ers aren't that good. It's the 10-1 Eagles that aren't that good.

Let's see, if the Patriots and Cowboys don't mess up on goal-to-go possessions, if the Commanders hold onto leads against Philly TWICE, and if the Chiefs don't drop a late touchdown pass, the "best team in the NFL" is.......

5-6.
Should ha , could ha … I always remember what Parcells preached to the team - You are what you are , their record is 10-1 and we are 8-3 , so until we catch up , they are the top dogs.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Purdy started the game, but the Eagles D-line knocked him out. It's not the Eagles' fault that SF didn't double team or chip Reddick, or that they didn't have a legitimate backup QB to at least attempt to salvage the game. For SF to then talk trash after the game like they "would have won" added insult to Purdy's injury, and I'm sure the Eagles haven't forgotten.
Serious question, I forget, are you an open Eagles fan on here like @Aerolithe_Lion? Not trolling, asking seriously.

JustChip

Reaction score
Sounds like Vegas is expecting Lane Johnson to be out. If his status changes, it will be interesting to see the line movement
Vegas won’t move the line based on LJ’s status. The bettors may move based on that and Vegas then will move to equal the money bet.

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
9ers are going to destroy the Eagles by double digits.

Even if the refs themselves join in on the tush push.

Watch.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
They looked like crap against teams like the giants too, the commanders for example. Let’s be honest, 9 times out of 10, when a team is squeaking out wins like the Eagles are this season, they just aren’t that great, like the Vikings last year. The niners are in great form so it’s not that crazy to have them favored, even on the road. I personally can’t figure the Eagles out because they were legit good last season but just haven’t been that this season. Yet they keep winning. Are they worse then last season and just lucky, or are they underperforming badly but their class shows through just in time to pull out games for them? We might not know until the playoffs, but if Dallas gets the 5th seed, beats the NFC South team and heads to Philly for round 2, I’d be pretty damn excited to find out.
They haven't played the Giants yet. And Washington has always given them fits. They actually beat them last year. Giants don't match up well with Philly. Washington did.

The difference is an easy one. They have more injuries this year, and the defense doesn't get them the ball back like they did last year. Meaning they don't get turnovers, and don't get 3 and out's often. They are one of the worst in those categories. Add they have inexperienced coordinators on both sides of the ball. They lost both coordinators last year and didn't go outside of the organization to replace them.

Last year they were relatively healthy with the defense that got turnovers most of the year.

Last edited: