Twitter: Eagles players anonymously calling their offense "very predictable." Mentions Cowboys playcalling in comparison

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is because not many understand how to run it.. Big Mike is one of the pioneers of the system and is one of the best QB gurus in the world..
The name your looking for is Walsh..not MM..he does through much thin bleeding come from this tree i believe if i cross my eyes.....

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
this is pretty incredible honestly. i had my reservations about kellen, but he did have the offense scoring points. i thought a new direction was needed but didn't think in year one mccarthy would out-do it so blatantly.
Agreed. I'm sure play design has made a difference but I think the play calling itself has made the bigger difference.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm sure play design has made a difference but I think the play calling itself has made the bigger difference.
the route combo's are way diferent with a place or player in target..huge diference between the schemes...

Creeper

Reaction score
It's funny how the complaining starts as soon as a team loses a couple of games. Remember how great they were when AJ Brown was catching 12 passes for 125 yards every game?

I think the Eagles are just used to being declared the winners before the games start and these losses have broken their bubble. If they beat up on the Seahawks next week, everything will be great again.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It's funny how the complaining starts as soon as a team loses a couple of games. Remember how great they were when AJ Brown was catching 12 passes for 125 yards every game?

I think the Eagles are just used to being declared the winners before the games start and these losses have broken their bubble. If they beat up on the Seahawks next week, everything will be great again.
No joke. They've gone from "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are watching history and the BEST TEAM in the NFL!" and "Jalen Hurts and AJ Brown are MVPs this year!" to....
  • Their coordinators are on the hot seat!
  • They are soft!
  • Their defense is trash!
  • Their playcalling is a joke!
Again... I'm just glad it's not us again this year. And hope it stays that way.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Juxtaposition complete.pre
Still, both of our backs averaged under 4 yards per carry. Early on, though, we had some good runs and the end-arounds to Turpin and Lamb were effective.
I haven't rewatched the game to confirm, but is felt like the Eagles really focused on applying pressure at the LOS in the 2nd half with a heavy box.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Funny, because before the bye week, Dak didnt look great, McCarthy didnt trust him, and there was no motion in the offense.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The Eagles struggled, apart from fumbles, because their QB is an average passer, and they're trying to throw the ball like it's their strength. They do their opponents a favor. They continuously played to the strength of our D.

Damone Clark was awful. He constantly takes himself out of plays and forces the undersized Bell to make most of the tackles.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yup. We heard the same about Garrett AND Moore's offense being too predictable. Haven't heard that this year. Just took a few games to get it clicking. Adding more motion and not being hesitant to go deep has made it the top O in the NFL. 6ppg better than last year BTW.
Mainly Lenihan and Garrett.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
McCarthy deserves a ton of credit for this season. A lot of people are starting to recognize it.

Its unfortunate that the "power run game" never materialized. With it, Dallas would be completely unstoppable.
Imagine this team with a 2016 Elliot and line..... whoooooo

Vanilla2

Reaction score
This is where we come out after the game and talk about how we knew what they were doing. Opportunity missed lol