Eagles re-sign Jalen Hurts

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS DAK WILL HAVE 0 INTS 99 TDS AND 23 RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
So he plays on last year of current deal and new deal takes effect in 2024 or he gets money now?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
55-60 mil
That’s the market today
I would never pay a QB in today's market unless they were a bonafide future hall of fame type talent like Burrow or Herbert.

Pick one in the first round, play 4 years with them, pick up the 5th year option, turn and burn if they are good but not great. Build a contending roster around the player and just slot in the next 1st rounder. After enough tries, you should have gotten lucky and gotten one of those top guys or have won a Superbowl with a good starter on a cheap rookie deal.

Why NFL GMs are too afraid to emulate the SanFran model is very confusing to me.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let’s goooooo!

Goodbye Eagles.

179 Guaranteed lmao. Idiots.
He was looking worse than Dak when he didn’t have all world blocking. He proved me wrong in that department, as his mechanics are much more fluid, but let’s be serious. This is Dak all over again, minus the horrible mechanics.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak’s a good dude and a good QB.

Unfortunately paying good QBs like they’re elite is a recipe for not winning Superbowls.

Even if Dak won it, and I hope he does, he would be an outlier.

You would think one of these guys would accidentally win it but you just can’t take up that much cap % and expect to win a title.
The only reason it hasn’t happened yet is because there’s never been a time in the league when guys get paid this much. It will become a norm when these guys end up winning it if teams can produce teams around them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would never pay a QB in today's market unless they were a bonafide future hall of fame type talent like Burrow or Herbert.

Pick one in the first round, play 4 years with them, pick up the 5th year option, turn and burn if they are good but not great. Build a contending roster around the player and just slot in the next 1st rounder. After enough tries, you should have gotten lucky and gotten one of those top guys or have won a Superbowl with a good starter on a cheap rookie deal.
What makes Burrow and Herbert bonafide talent? What’s the difference between Jalen Hurts and Burrow? Herbert can’t even get to the playoffs and do anything so he’s not even in their tier.

Ken

Reaction score
Why? Because of that fumble? He was a big reason they almost won.

Threw for 300. Ran for 70. Accounted for 4 of the Eagles TDs. QB rating of 104. QBR of nearly 80. But yeah. He was the a big reason they lost. Your Philly hate is epic. If Dak had that boxscore in a big game, you'd cream yourself.

All that being said, damn, that contract is nuts. QB deals are getting out of control. At some point, will teams start to think they can just spend on all the other positions and try to get by with a mid-level QB?
Pretty rich considering that Dak still gets bashed for the int in the Philly game even though he actually carved up one of the best defenses in the NFL with his arm.

Not get carried to first downs and tds after handing 7 to the Chiefs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The only reason it hasn’t happened yet is because there’s never been a time in the league when guys get paid this much. It will become a norm when these guys end up winning it if teams can produce teams around them.
There has always been a cap %.. At least since the introduction to the cap.

Eli Manning would be our 1 real outlier because he was a trash QB but he’s a clear outlier and some can make the case that he was an elite QB but imo he was trash.

reddyuta

Reaction score
This makes me even more convinced we shouldnt give a new contract.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What makes Burrow and Herbert bonafide talent? What’s the difference between Jalen Hurts and Burrow? Herbert can’t even get to the playoffs and do anything so he’s not even in their tier.
The gulf between Burrow and Hurts is massive. Have you watched a Cincy game? The throws he is capable of regularly making are incredible. He is one of those QBs that is an instant 10 win season if healthy. Thus far, he has also done most of his work running for his life behind a terrible Cincy OL. If you put Hurts behind that line, they don't even get close to the Superbowl. He is undeniably going to be one of the top QBs in the league for the next decade plus.

There is an argument to be made that Herbert is not in that upper echelon yet since he really hasn't show to be a winner yet, but I'm not sure sure that isn't because the team around him has not been quite good enough. Like Burrow he can make all the throws, but he is certainly a peg lower I agree with you there.

Smith22

Reaction score
I doubt after next season Lamar would go back to the Ravens. He cost himself a lot of money by not having adequate representation.
I agree. I don't see him playing for 32 or 33 million either though.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
As long as they don't change the way they do things they can probably still have success. Having said that there are no teams that would be dumb enough to give someone 40 million per year then change how they use them. Right?