Eagles release CB Darius Slay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Reaction score
If Howie has a super power, it’s cap manipulation. I’m sure he can rig the contract to not have a bad hit right away but take up a lot the Slay savings later on
The question is....what is the interest level in him. I think he is one of the best in the league and young...he should have massive interest. To me, the bears should step in a blow the Eagles away for him....

We shall see.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Yep. Howie knows it too. I think Howie is resetting this year. He’ll eat cap space this year for a run next year. This is our chance right now. MM must go if we can’t to the NFCCG this year at a minimum.
I agree. They'll back off this year. use their two 1st round picks on CB or Carter, and Robinson. In 2024 they'll have two 2nd, two 5th, and probably 4 comp picks.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They question is....what is the interest level in him. I think he is one of the best in the league and young...he should have massive interest. To me, the bears should step in a low the Eagles away for him....

We shall see.
He’s been tweeting on and off about the Bengals, I think they’re our biggest competition. But I think the longer this drags on, the lower his total dollar amount ends up. I’m surprised he didn’t sign right away Monday like Hargrave

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
He’s been tweeting on and off about the Bengals, I think they’re our biggest competition. But I think the longer this drags on, the lower his total dollar amount ends up. I’m surprised he didn’t sign right away Monday like Hargrave
Yes, and the Bengals lost both starting safeties....so they should have money to go give him some money. Not sure of their cap situation though.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I agree. They'll back off this year. use their two 1st round picks on CB or Carter, and Robinson. In 2024 they'll have two 2nd, two 5th, and probably 4 comp picks.
I think Cowturd said they could have 13 picks next year.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I saw they have comp picks in the 3rd, two 4th and 5th next year plus an extra second. I could see them trading back from 10 and have 12 to 13 picks next year while resetting their cap. They could literally have cap space with 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds and 3 fourths and 2 5ths.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Very few CB are "successful" in a transition to safety. Different mind set. The really, really good ones that are students of the game could do it, whereas maybe gambling athletic CB might not make the transition as well.
It's not something I'd do myself, I was just replying to his idea of moving Diggs to fs

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
He was not. He entered the season that way but he tailed off. HE's always been overrated but he was probably a top 10 guy.
No he absolutely was. Bradberry can look decent covering wr2s all game but it's gonna be fun watching Lamb dog him all over the field for the next few years.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No he absolutely was. Bradberry can look decent covering wr2s all game but it's gonna be fun watching Lamb dog him all over the field for the next few years.
So because he guarded number two’s which is untrue but let’s say it is..it’s better to get burnt by number ones than do well against number 2s? And let me tell you when Slay got burnt by Hilton he sure as hell was not our number one.

CWR

Reaction score
Eagles are losing some big talent. They will be taking a step back next season.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Slay was the best Corner. Weird
They kept Burntberry tho :laugh:
200w.gif

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No cap issues at all with the eagles lol..

21 million dead cap number, only frees up 5 ish million.
Strange, didn't he have a fair bit of base salary and void years into which they could of utilised? Is it immediate or post June

Ken

Reaction score
Strange, didn't he have a fair bit of base salary and void years into which they could of utilised? Is it immediate or post June
Ya, that post wasn't correct. I assumed straight cut bc i thought they wanted the money for CJ GJ. They designated him a June 1, which will free 17 mill up then.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
So because he guarded number two’s which is untrue but let’s say it is..it’s better to get burnt by number ones than do well against number 2s? And let me tell you when Slay got burnt by Hilton he sure as hell was not our number one.
It's absolutely true..not every play of course but the majority of plays. We saw what happened when JB tried to cover Lamb. And Slay made the Pro Bowl so pretty sure he wasn't getting burnt all year as you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.