Eagles sign Rashaad Penny

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
No, Penny is very injury prone. Excellent when healthy, but he has played 28 games in 4 years
Let the eagle fans here have their joy. Gotta be bad for them to only make up 1 trophy on Dallas in their 27 yr drought. With all these super teams the wagles genius FO puts together.

dfense

Reaction score
Guy has missed 38 games in the last 4 years and we have people on this forum crying about this move. These are the type of players I would love for Dallas to avoid. Stay away from players with injury and character issues.
and the draft is super deep at RB.

exciter

Reaction score
Impossible ...... I heard on this very forum that the shegals are in cap hell, will lose their entire defense, and will be able to sign no one.
Lol, in 24 hours they’ve lost Hargrave, Edwards, White, Epps, Dillard and Miles Sanders has now issued a goodbye to the city. But hey, they got a RB who had a whopping total of 345 yards last season and has only eclipsed 500 yards once in 5 seasons!!!

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Ill bet somewhere in the first 5 rounds they take a back. AS far as what they take at 10 they usually do take Dlineman.
I wouldn't be surprised if they draft Lane Johnson's eventual replacement either. But with FA picking apart their team they might go need like CB. But I bet it will be DLine

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We were never taking Bijan anyway. Jump to 1:02:30…

It’s so not a Roseman pick. It’ll be a trade back or a lineman

I see you guys going CB or possibly DE. I can see you guys doing another Mile Sanders thing in the 2nd or more likely 3rd. Good year for a 3rd round pick at HB

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I see you guys going CB or possibly DE. I can see you guys doing another Mile Sanders thing in the 2nd or more likely 3rd. Good year for a 3rd round pick at HB
Bringing Bradberry back, I hope we push for Carter now.

I think we’re pretty deep at DE, we have 6 on the roster they really like.

Graham had 11 sacks
Reddick had 16 sacks
Josh Sweat had 11 sacks
Derek Barnett is returning from injury
And then we have a couple draft picks from the last few drafts who are developing

But iDL is Milton Williams, Jordan Davis, and some camp bodies. We strive off of that rotation. One more FA Dt(maybe cox?) and Jalen Carter would be huge

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
If this means them passing on Bijan...........Yipee (lol)
They wouldn't take Bijan even if they had 5 first round picks. They haven't drafted a LB or a RB in the first round since the late 70's. OLine or DLine year after year with a sprinkle of WRs lately

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bringing Bradberry back, I hope we push for Carter now.

I think we’re pretty deep at DE, we have 6 on the roster they really like.

Graham had 11 sacks
Reddick had 16 sacks
Josh Sweat had 11 sacks
Derek Barnett is returning from injury
And then we have a couple draft picks from the last few drafts who are developing

But iDL is Milton Williams, Jordan Davis, and some camp bodies. We strive off of that rotation. One more FA Dt(maybe cox?) and Jalen Carter would be huge
Carter will likely be gone unless you move up (which is doable with two 1st). Breese would most likely be the guy at 10 if the go IDL

Even being 6 deep, dont discount edge. You can never have enough, amd todays strength can turn into tomorrow's weakness quickly

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
They wouldn't take Bijan even if they had 5 first round picks. They haven't drafted a LB or a RB in the first round since the late 70's. OLine or DLine year after year with a sprinkle of WRs lately
And before drafting Zeke #4 overall in 2016, we hadn’t selected a RB in the 1st round since 1990.

What you’re saying means nothing.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Penny is a good signing for them. He's been a productive player when healthy and will likely be paired with a rookie.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
And before drafting Zeke #4 overall in 2016, we hadn’t selected a RB in the 1st round since 1990.

What you’re saying means nothing.
What I'm saying means everything. It's been a looooong philosophy of the organization to take trench players in the first and to not waste those elite picks on RBs and LBers. Jimmy Johnson said it decades ago. Use your money on the fat guys cause LBers and RBs are a dime a dozen

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I think they already said Gainwell is the guy, and I would bet Boston Scott resigns for cheap. That will be a three RB backfield, and Penny won't need to carry the ball 20 times. Hopefully Johnson retires soon and their OL sucks.
Kelce is coming back for another year, and Johnson says he wants to play three more years.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This takes them out of Bijan sweepstakes I think
They were never in the Bjan sweepstakes.

Smart teams don't blow premium picks on RBs.

They spent a 2nd round pick on Miles Sanders, who got 1400 yds and a ProBowl last year, and had no desire to resign him.

They don't want to dump money / high picks I to a RB with a shelf life of 4 or 5 years

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Penny is GREAT....when he plays....which is less than 50% of the time.

I dont see any mention of money....which is the only way we'd know whether this was a good move or not. That said, since it's a RB, I'm sure their GM Howie will get him for the vet minimum

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Penny is GREAT....when he plays....which is less than 50% of the time.

I dont see any mention of money....which is the only way we'd know whether this was a good move or not. That said, since it's a RB, I'm sure their GM Howie will get him for the vet minimum
Homerun

Probably wants a big prove it year with the best o-line available to hit the market next offseason and get the Zeke money

blueblood70

Reaction score
eagles made this move the board will love it and think its the best move this offseason
as all other moves are but Seattle lost his. Maybe means sanders could be OUT..theyve lost more players than they resigned its plugging holes not necessarily getting better, but fans are all green with envy.