Eagles suck

jay94

Reaction score
One thing for sure, the Gnats are not the same w/o Coughlin. It's no accident that he goes to JAX and they become a super bowl contender.

Underrated coach for sure, I always liked Coughlin. I do agree with other posters about the Giants, I think 3-13 was a bit of an anomaly for them, I'm not saying their world beaters, but I expect quite a turn around for such a dreadful season prior. This is even with me hating their second pick, I don't think any running back should go that high and the amount of value they could of upgraded their team in multiple spots.

aria

Reaction score
Is he? He was terrible last year, and the thinking was that Chad Wheeler or Nick Becton would beat him out.

I didn't understand the Flowers pick from the start. Better suited to OG, IMO.
So far he is. I’m not saying that won’t change by regular season but if he doesn’t win the starting job what does that say about how bad the back ups are?

I just googled this stuff, enjoy! I can’t wait until we play them, it’s going to be a feeding frenzy!

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...lysis-chad-wheeler-ereck-flowers-right-tackle

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/gi...flowers-competing-real-well-struggles-rt/amp/

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ar.../2018/08/lions_training_camp_observatio_8.amp

aria

Reaction score
Underrated coach for sure, I always liked Coughlin. I do agree with other posters about the Giants, I think 3-13 was a bit of an anomaly for them, I'm not saying their world beaters, but I expect quite a turn around for such a dreadful season prior.
I’ll be somewhat shocked if they go 8-8.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I wish I could fast forward to the real season. I couldn’t wait for pre season a few weeks ago but now I just find it annoying. So much speculation and dissecting every little aspect of the game, whether it’s a stubbed toe or a dropped pass. They need to limit it to 3 games. As much as I like watching rookies and seeing how other players have developed it’s just one giant tease. A few snaps for some of the starters, mixing and matching scrubs against starters, boring play calls and the fact that none of it counts. The only game worth watching is game 3. Game 4 is worthless.

Being a gambler, it makes it touch to watch when nothing is on the line and in the Cowboys case I’m not talking about money, I’m talking about W’s. Let’s get this season going already!

Preseason definitely needs to only be 3 games. 4 is way too many. That is a quarter of the regular season. That would be like the NBA playing a 20 game preseason.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak hater but it’s a pre season game. Foles won a SB and guided his team through the playoffs against a good MN defense. Dak hasn’t even won a playoff game. If Dak had a bad night in the last pre season game would you all of the sudden say he isn’t good? I wouldn’t.
Yea I'm not going by yesterday just his whole career. It's been up and down. Nothing that great until the playoffs last year But it doesn't take anything away from him from last year. He showed up when it counted. Wish we would have had a run like that with our QB..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I get it's meaningless pre-season but this does basically show the Eagles issues.
The selling out for the best possible 2017 roster saw them crush the cap and give away draft picks.
That combo makes your depth fairly awful and the result of this was about how bad those back up players are.

Eagles first team is still excellent but it is very much depending upon health and they've not had a very good health run here of late.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak hater but it’s a pre season game. Foles won a SB and guided his team through the playoffs against a good MN defense. Dak hasn’t even won a playoff game. If Dak had a bad night in the last pre season game would you all of the sudden say he isn’t good? I wouldn’t.

No, but accuracy is also accuracy. Pre season or not.

I’m simply pointing out the hypocrisy. I think Dak and Foles’ accuracy questions are both overblown.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
:lmao:

I’d bet good money they don’t win more than 3-4of their first 8 games and will be lucky to get to 8-8. By all accounts, Flowers is still a bum and is constantly getting burned. As I’ve said for months, whichever of our DE’s is lined up over him will destroy Eli and have the most sacks for that game. I’ll be looking at some individual prop bets for that game. If it’s Dlaw, I would bet he gets at least 2-3 sacks.

Their secondary and lb’ers suck, Jenkins is the only decent one. Did you watch the Cleveland game? Eli Apple and their shiny new overpaid LB’er Ogletree got torched. Our receivers will and should look good against them so even though it’s always nice beating a division rival I won’t put much into us winning.

Personally, I’m more concerned about the Skins and Iggles. Perrine looked pretty good last night although he’s no Guice.
I'm just not sold on the Commanders. They are boring to me. But they always give the Boys fits no matter what, just like the rest of the NFC East.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
The preseason is about working through all the bugs so that we're ready for the season. I expect good and bad. How else are you going to know what to work on?
It's practice to go through mock game situations and execute. One of the NFL Network analysts says the more positive plays you make in preseason give you confidence to execute when the regular season begins.
If the Coaches are not allowing them to work through all these scenarios during preseason, then they are setting the players up to fail when it counts.

And ex NFL players also stated that the players who excel in these preseason games are also the ones called upon to be the playmakers when the games count. All of this matters.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Eagles remind me a lot of the 2007 Cowboys team that was the most talented crew we had under Tony Romo.
That team caught a bad beat but should have went to a Super Bowl.
But it was also an older team that lacked depth and was insanely top heavy.

They went 9-7 in 2008, rebounded of sorts to 11 then went on a 4 year stretch of Pro Bowl level Romo not getting them above .500.

That's kinda what I see coming for Philly.
The cap is a loose one with lots of wiggle room but you can't throw it by the way side and be the worst cap mgmt team in the NFL and not have it bite you.

2019 Salary Cap space??? Eagles -43 Million
Jax is 30M over but also loaded with young talent they have signed long term not super olds.
No one else approaches those totals and only 5 teams are over the cap at all.

Dallas is 36M UNDER. So they have 80M more to play with than the Eagles.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm just not sold on the Commanders. They are boring to me. But they always give the Boys fits no matter what, just like the rest of the NFC East.
The Skins are boring and they have very average to below average talent but the Giants are a full on dumpster fire that can't block with their first team OL in pre-season, regular season, practice, flag football, at the club... anywhere.
They are trying to figure out the QB situation and rely upon a RB to save the offense but that OL is atrocious.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Skins are boring and they have very average to below average talent but the Giants are a full on dumpster fire that can't block with their first team OL in pre-season, regular season, practice, flag football, at the club... anywhere.
They are trying to figure out the QB situation and rely upon a RB to save the offense but that OL is atrocious.
You don't think Solder and Hernandez and Omameh will make it better? W/ Jones taking over at OC, that's 4 new starters. 5 if someone beats out Flowers.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
You don't think Solder and Hernandez and Omameh will make it better? W/ Jones taking over at OC, that's 4 new starters. 5 if someone beats out Flowers.
Oh I think the Giants are the team to watch closely. I never underestimate them. Philly hates us the most, but the Giants have owned us since AT&T opened. Shumar will pull them together in the next 1-2 years like Pederson did in Philly. Pederson has the greatest football mind in the NFC East. He is aggressive and relentless and attacks. His QB's and team are shaky right now because of injuries at key positions.

Pederson reminds me of Don Draper in Mad Men. LOL

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The results thus far in training camp and pre-season have been brutal for the Giants OL.
They are trying to address it but it was a big reason they won 3 games last year, 3.
All this talk of them being some surprise team seems tomfoolery to me.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I get it's meaningless pre-season but this does basically show the Eagles issues.
The selling out for the best possible 2017 roster saw them crush the cap and give away draft picks.
That combo makes your depth fairly awful and the result of this was about how bad those back up players are.

Eagles first team is still excellent but it is very much depending upon health and they've not had a very good health run here of late.
No way they're repeating. Them winning it all was a fluke of everything going their way.