Eagles waive former 1st round pick DE Derek Barnett

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Beyond the lack of production he was a walking penalty. Good riddance.

JayFord

Reaction score
watch the Eagles sign him and the board goes crazy saying we like our guys and howie is a mastermind Jerry never goes after talent

even tho the eagles released him

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Making room for Leonard?
Our DLine is too deep, he got no playing time and has complained about it all season. We almost traded him in TC

Might be for Leonard room, but we probably would have waived him anyway. He’s been inactive the last few games for “personal reasons”

Aven8

Reaction score
Our DLine is too deep, he got no playing time and has complained about it all season. We almost traded him in TC

Might be for Leonard room, but we probably would have waived him anyway. He’s been inactive the last few games for “personal reasons”
Your GM is sometimes good and sometimes not so good

mattwill

Reaction score
Another great 1st round pick by Howie.....cut. The resume just keeps getting better.
Since Barnett in 2017 the Eagles have drafted as their first pick
2018 Dallas Goedert
2019 Andre Dillard (good backup OT but pretty much a bust)
2020 Jalen Reagor (bust) Hurts in Round 2
2021 DaVonta Smith
2022 Jalen Carter

Howie's recent track record is much improved. Possibly due to better scouting.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Since Barnett in 2017 the Eagles have drafted as their first pick
2018 Dallas Goedert
2019 Andre Dillard (good backup OT but pretty much a bust)
2020 Jalen Reagor (bust) Hurts in Round 2
2021 DaVonta Smith
2022 Jalen Carter

Howie's recent track record is much improved. Possibly due to better scouting.
Dallas Goedert was a 2nd round pick. I'm referencing 1st rounders.Reagor sucked, Dillard sucked, Barnett sucked....Davonta and Jalen are good.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Your GM is sometimes good and sometimes not so good
That’s every winning GM if you move past the hyperboles. Bill Walsh gave away Chuck Haley and had a big part to play in SF’s 90’s salary cap violations. Ozzie Newsome took 12 years to get Baltimore a decent franchise QB. Ted Thompson refused to sign other teams’ Star free agents. Bill Belichick probably has the worst draft record over the first couple rounds of any 10+ year GM

Last edited:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
49ers will pick him up and everyone will call them geniuses.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Our gm is better than philly gm. Lol. You know the gm with zero super bowls in 27 years
We're pretty good at drafting. Not so good at free agency. Of course, when you are shopping at Goodwill, you're not going to be very good.

Philly's GM is much more shrewd with trades and free agency. Winning one out of the three ways to build a roster isn't going to get you very many Super Bowls.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yep, he played 7 years and 71 games for Philadelphia, with 141 tackles and 21.5 sacks, earning a second contract along the way.

Taco lasted 2 years in Dallas, had 46 tackles and 4 sacks.

Exactly the same thing.
Typically comparisons, similes, and the like are not equivalences.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be fair, drafting Jalen and Davonta took no skill at all
I've said that but I wasn't in the mood for arguing. I mean Jalen fell to them for character issues.....i'll say Devonta while was a good player they did go and get him. I would've been worried about his size but they weren't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not true, they eagles had to trade up in both cases to get the player they wanted
You had to trade up because they were highly rated lol. These weren't some great finds lol. Carter was rated the best player in the draft. Devonta was riskier but if Carter didn't have the sketchy backstory he wouldn't have fell.