Eagles Want Retribution!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Are you kidding me?! Just because the Dallas Cowboys whipped up on the Eagles, in a decisive homegame blowout victory that smashed the heart and soul of both sides of the ball, forced our star wide receiver to hallucinate enough to wear the opposing team's jersey, while key players; including our starting QB are plagued with injuriies ...you think we won't be back to become a force in the NFCE?

What would make you think that!?;)

Ok, I'm back! Ladies and Gentlemen the Eagles have splaynin to do. This "Bye Week" is literally what the doctor ordered for McNabb and the Eagles. I still have all the confidence in the world that the Eagles will recover from this setback. All credit to a much stronger than we thought Dallas Cowboys team -- what a great effort! Now we begin the real work that may require installing a run game into the mix (Ricky Williams?), a QB that can Pickup the WC offense with a quick read (Quincy Carter?), some defensive adjustment (because the talent is there); and perhaps some moves in the secondary (I'm talking about Lito Sheppard and perhaps Sheldon Brown).

Desperate ...I don't think so, but we need a stronger run defense also. Being here on this board and hearing you speak about football strategies, I think I can safely bet that Bill Parcels will hit the Eagles with a nice solid run game next time -- especially since we expected the run scheme last week and got a wide-open passing scenario. We'll expect everything and anything. Of course Hindsight is 20-20!

What an eye-opener!

What about the Giants? What does it look like? I have to admit, before last week's game, I thought the Giants would handle you easy ...now, I think if you play with the same verosity and intensity, you could walk away with another decisive victory.

Sidebar Note: Knowing that so many fans here hate the Eagles, I never expected you guys to handle your victory so well. Thank you all for understanding that losing hurts regardless of fan affiliation. Absolutely no one pelted me with insults or flames. I tell you it drove me crazy!

So ...I can't handle this type of treatment here and you're making my reputation at the Philly MB bad. Are you getting soft on me? What the heck is going on? I can't wait until we meet again. Are you kidding me?!;) :rolleyes: :p:

I've had it with you guys!:D

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Good seeing ya again, PT.

Just one thing. Don't ever, ever, ever bring up the dreaded QC again! EVER! :laugh2:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I hate you guys so much.

But I think ESPN is getting carried away, Eagles are still in the hunt for the NFC East, same as Gints and especially Dallas.

Mcflabb needs surgery though, now.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
All I have to say is the Cowboys better be ready for some serious payback in Philly.

If Dallas can beat them in Philly after what happened in Dallas...Then The worm will have turned! :D

vicjagger

Reaction score
Just please don't lay down like a scolded dog against the Commanders and Giants.

See you on 11/14.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
The Eagles Remind me of the Lakers from a few years ago. They got complaciant (SP) thinking they could win with the status quo, they let their disagreements air in the public and seemed to sleep walk through the season thinking they where just that much better than everyone else and would be able to "turn the switch" when the playoffs started.

Now unless the eagles realize their time is short and make the most of it then they could be in real trouble of not making the playoffs. Granted its only week 6 but in this league every game counts.

Also the injury to mcnabb won't even seem better to him.

What I don't get is why he goes to Az instead of staying around his team. I don't think its the right thing to do but JMO.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
All I have to say is the Cowboys better be ready for some serious payback in Philly. If Dallas can beat them in Philly after what happened in Dallas...Then The worm will have turned! :D

If we don't Make some serious adjustments on both sides of the ball, we would not deserve to be at the top of the NFCE.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Why have hard feelings aganist a Superbowl trophy deficit team

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I'll tell you what the Eagles are, or should be, desperate for and that is a running game. The last two weeks they have TOTALLED less than 50 yards on the ground, TOTAL FOR TWO GAMES! They have averaged a pitiful 1.8 yards per carry over those two games as well. There is no way you can win in the NFL without being able to run the ball and right now they can't run it.

Westbrook played well in the 1st three games but has done nothing in the last two. I don't know what the problem is but without him, who I consider to be their best weapon, they don't have much to go with. McNabb has tried to carry the team but he is hurting and isn't getting any help.

Now add in the defensive meltdown, giving up over 30 points in each of the last two games and you have a recipe for disaster. Even though the Eagles came back to win against the Chefs it took a super-human effort to do it and some luck at the end to hold on. As we have experienced ourselves, this is not the way you want to win games as they can just as easily go against you.

Right now, the Eagles have a lot of problems and not many answers. If they can use this bye week to get healthy and work out some of those issues then they could come back and play well.

Their schedule is brutal after the bye though:

San Diego
@ Denver
@ Washington
Dallas
@ NY Giants

All of those teams are playing well right now and will be tough tests for the Eagles. If McNabb is not at 80% or better then it will not look good for Philly if they lose even 3 of those games and are sitting at 5-5 going down the stretch. If McNabb is less than 80% then it could be over for them this year.

They could still make the playoffs but I don't see that happening unless they really turn it around and play some serious defense and get the ground game back on track.

Of course, I hope they lose every game but the reality is that they have too much talent to continue playing the way they have lately and will find a way to fix at least some of their problems.

I expect them to play tough and look forward to the rematch with them.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I like to read your posts PT, however I cannot stand the beagles.......nice beating you for a change.

1fisher

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Are you kidding me?! Just because the Dallas Cowboys whipped up on the Eagles, in a decisive homegame blowout victory that smashed the heart and soul of both sides of the ball, forced our star wide receiver to hallucinate enough to wear the opposing team's jersey, while key players; including our starting QB are plagued with injuriies ...you think we won't be back to become a force in the NFCE?

What would make you think that!?;)

Ok, I'm back! Ladies and Gentlemen the Eagles have splaynin to do. This "Bye Week" is literally what the doctor ordered for McNabb and the Eagles. I still have all the confidence in the world that the Eagles will recover from this setback. All credit to a much stronger than we thought Dallas Cowboys team -- what a great effort! Now we begin the real work that may require installing a run game into the mix (Ricky Williams?), a QB that can Pickup the WC offense with a quick read (Quincy Carter?), some defensive adjustment (because the talent is there); and perhaps some moves in the secondary (I'm talking about Lito Sheppard and perhaps Sheldon Brown).

Desperate ...I don't think so, but we need a stronger run defense also. Being here on this board and hearing you speak about football strategies, I think I can safely bet that Bill Parcels will hit the Eagles with a nice solid run game next time -- especially since we expected the run scheme last week and got a wide-open passing scenario. We'll expect everything and anything. Of course Hindsight is 20-20!

What an eye-opener!

What about the Giants? What does it look like? I have to admit, before last week's game, I thought the Giants would handle you easy ...now, I think if you play with the same verosity and intensity, you could walk away with another decisive victory.

Sidebar Note: Knowing that so many fans here hate the Eagles, I never expected you guys to handle your victory so well. Thank you all for understanding that losing hurts regardless of fan affiliation. Absolutely no one pelted me with insults or flames. I tell you it drove me crazy!

So ...I can't handle this type of treatment here and you're making my reputation at the Philly MB bad. Are you getting soft on me? What the heck is going on? I can't wait until we meet again. Are you kidding me?!;) :rolleyes: :p:

I've had it with you guys!:D

What has happened to you PT? That loss must have cut pretty deep!! Not sure if it was as deep as the Commanders loss to me but.........

Glad you're back and posting more than one sentence.......

How Bout them COWBOYS!! :D

Good hunting.... :lmao2:

morasp

Reaction score
"while key players; including our starting QB are plagued with injuriies ...you think we won't be back to become a force in the NFCE?"

Yes, that's what I think. We were in that boat last year. It was somewhat of a moral victory to talk about our injuries but we still lost. Except most of our key players were out not just nicked up. Our only viable WR KJ was probably 50-60%. The Patriots seem to overcome attrition and injury but as we saw in the SB you guys weren't on the Patriots level.

notherbob

Reaction score
Sure Philly wants retribution...just like Dallas has the last five years. Sunday was sweet. I'll have some more, please.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Despite all of New York's weapons in the passing game, a big key IMO to beating them is stopping Tiki Barber. Their defense is also suspect, so a sustained, balanced attack should work.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Aggggghhhhhhhh! The Eagles are going down in flames! Quick, somebody put it out before they burn to death!

... yeah, good idea Calvin!

_CCE_11-calvin-pee.gif
zpt3gc.jpg

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beating the Eagles in Dallas was a good first step, but the real milestone of where this team is won't be defined until they beat the Eagles in Philly.