Eagles Want Retribution!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I agree with that Reality.

Then ...I will personally acknowledge that Dallas was the better team in 2005; and Not just on any given Sunday.:)[/QUOTE]

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score

Perhaps, grasshopper, but remember ..."thousand mile jouney begins with first step."

Confucious

Also (unrelated but interestingly good to know stuff about confucious) ...

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Man who jump off cliff, jump to conclusion.

Man who run behind car get exhausted.

Couple on 7-day honeymoon make Whole weak.

Man who loses key to lady's apartment get no new-key.

Man who go to sleep with itchy butt, wake with smelly fingers...

War do not determine who right, war determine who left.

Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok

Girl who go camping must beware of evil intent.

He who passes gas in church sits in own pew.

He who sneezes without a handkerchief takes matters into his own hands.

If you want pretty nurse, you got to be patient.

So say Confucious!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Phoenix Talon.

The Birds will need all the luck they can get to beat Dallas. Yeah you will be at home on MNF but by the time we play again our team should be even better then the one you face and the players will have come more together to.

You guys have probs on D. But the biggie is Donovan McNabb playing hurt. The man is a warrior all the way but fact is he isnt as dangerous injured.

This is just not gonna be your year. That dont mean I think the Eagles are finished you will still probaly make a run at the playoffs this year.

But next year with a healthy McNabb and you do have alota cap $$ to make moves you will be a force again. I aint countin you guys out at all.

I just hope the Boys make the right moves and draft good nuff to stay ahead of you or pull more ahead.

Looks like the Eagles Cowboys games are gonna be fired up heated rival games thta are good to watch for many years to come.

Yeah ...I kind of see what you mean Wolverine (did that rhyme?).

Good luck in McNabb getting back to 100% as soon as he can

Thanks.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
If you were being honest, ..you would have to conclude Dallas is the better team at the moment.

Dallas was the better team on that Sunday!:cool:

Dallas31

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I would not rule the Eagles out this year. If there's one good thing in their favor, it's Andy Reid....he can flat-out coach. He'll make the proper adjustments for the second game.

I think we can beat them again, but it'll be a tough, tough game.

You mean like he flat-out coached the coaches in the 1st 3 NFC title games, and lost to lesser teams AT HOME ???
I think he gets outcoached often, and has won in the past on superior talent, McNabb, and the defense of Jim Johnson.

I wouldn't say fat andy can flat-out coach.

The only coach he beat in the NFC title game was rookie coach Jim Mora.

He's 0-4 the other title games and superbowl...

Plus Parcells almost beat him in philly last year with way less talent.

Just my opinion.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Dallas31 said:
You mean like he flat-out coached the coaches in the 1st 3 NFC title games???
I think he gets outcoached often, and has won in the past on superior talent, McNabb, and the defense of Jim Johnson.

I wouldn't say fat andy can flat-out coach.

The only coach he beat in the NFC title game was rookie coach Jim Mora.

He's 0-4 the other title games and superbowl...

Plus Parcells almost beat him in philly last year with way less talent.

Just my opinion.

I disagree with your opinion...obviously.

Take a look at the talent the Eagles have had over the past few seasons. Can you honestly say that they were headandshoulders above everyone else from a talent standpoint?

No way.

When have they ever had a RB? When have they had a good WR corps? Their only really good LB has been Trotter.

Why do you think when players leave the Eagles, they don't play well?

McNabb is a fine QB, but he's not good enough to get to 4 straight NFC Championship games by himself.

The Eagles are a very well-coached team.......I remember McNabb being injured in 2002....for about 6 games or so....They plugged A. J. Feeley in at QB...Yes, the same Feeley that's riding the pine in Miami....and won like four of six...

Last year, they were hit by injuries all season...even to TO, yet they still get to the SB without him.

He is a very good coach.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Dallas was the better team on that Sunday!:cool:

Sunday has a trajectory..for Dallas it could be up or down we shall see Sunday but for the Eagles they will stew as the lesser of the two for a few weeks until they prove otherwise..so at the moment (operative term) Dallas this year are the better team. This is open for change if the Eagles rebound and beat Dallas handily in Philly but until then we are the better team unless we unravel as well. :p:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Are you kidding me?! Just because the Dallas Cowboys whipped up on the Eagles, in a decisive homegame blowout victory that smashed the heart and soul of both sides of the ball, forced our star wide receiver to hallucinate enough to wear the opposing team's jersey, while key players; including our starting QB are plagued with injuriies ...you think we won't be back to become a force in the NFCE?

What would make you think that!?;)

Ok, I'm back! Ladies and Gentlemen the Eagles have splaynin to do. This "Bye Week" is literally what the doctor ordered for McNabb and the Eagles. I still have all the confidence in the world that the Eagles will recover from this setback. All credit to a much stronger than we thought Dallas Cowboys team -- what a great effort! Now we begin the real work that may require installing a run game into the mix (Ricky Williams?), a QB that can Pickup the WC offense with a quick read (Quincy Carter?), some defensive adjustment (because the talent is there); and perhaps some moves in the secondary (I'm talking about Lito Sheppard and perhaps Sheldon Brown).

Desperate ...I don't think so, but we need a stronger run defense also. Being here on this board and hearing you speak about football strategies, I think I can safely bet that Bill Parcels will hit the Eagles with a nice solid run game next time -- especially since we expected the run scheme last week and got a wide-open passing scenario. We'll expect everything and anything. Of course Hindsight is 20-20!

What an eye-opener!

What about the Giants? What does it look like? I have to admit, before last week's game, I thought the Giants would handle you easy ...now, I think if you play with the same verosity and intensity, you could walk away with another decisive victory.

Sidebar Note: Knowing that so many fans here hate the Eagles, I never expected you guys to handle your victory so well. Thank you all for understanding that losing hurts regardless of fan affiliation. Absolutely no one pelted me with insults or flames. I tell you it drove me crazy!

So ...I can't handle this type of treatment here and you're making my reputation at the Philly MB bad. Are you getting soft on me? What the heck is going on? I can't wait until we meet again. Are you kidding me?!;) :rolleyes: :p:

I've had it with you guys!:D
No matter what happens between the Cowboys and Eagles I just can't bring myself to hate you guys as much as I will always hate Pittsburg.

jman

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Now we begin the real work that may require installing a run game into the mix (Ricky Williams?),

Well, Philly fans would be getting exactly what they wanted when you guys drafted McNabb...Wasn't that why you guys boo'd McNabb so much that day...you really wanted Ricky???

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40 said:
No matter what happens between the Cowboys and Eagles I just can't bring myself to hate you guys as much as I will always hate Pittsburg.

Well that is because you are oldschool.

I doubt many of the younger dallas fan base cares one thing about the steelers...and some don't care much about the 49ers either.

But from someone that lives in WV only a few hours away from PA and where they almost always play steelers games in my area on the boobtube...I still dislike the steelers...however that last SB victory over them did exorcise SOME of the demons. :laugh1:

Hoov

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Well that is because you are oldschool.

I doubt many of the younger dallas fan base cares one thing about the steelers...and some don't care much about the 49ers either.

But from someone that lives in WV only a few hours away from PA and where they almost always play steelers games in my area on the boobtube...I still dislike the steelers...however that last SB victory over them did exorcise SOME of the demons. :laugh1:

That game was great, especially cause both my brothers are big steelers fans :D

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
It's 6:10 PM, and Philthy still sucks donkey balls

I strongly disagree! It may be 6:10 pm Central Standard Time, but Not Eastern Standard Time.:confused: