Earl Thomas Carted off field with an air cast on his right leg **merged**

NickZepp

Reaction score
Glad we didn't waste picks on him. Maybe we can sign him as a FA next year but I'm not sure if we should pay more than a certain price. We need to start investing in offensive weapons for Dak. The defense is there the offense just lacks talent in a lot of areas.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Glad we didn't waste picks on him. Maybe we can sign him as a FA next year but I'm not sure if we should pay more than a certain price. We need to start investing in offensive weapons for Dak. The defense is there the offense just lacks talent in a lot of areas.

Zeppy! How have you been since FSW, buddy?

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
I wouldn’t even sign him in the off-season now. How many leg injuries this guy gonna get? He wasn’t even hit and he snapped his leg. Smfh

CPanther95

Reaction score
Players are the CEOs of their own companies...themselves. Just like a business, they will look for the best possible deals for themselves. Can’t hold them to another standard when the owners are constantly doing the same thing.

Sure they can negotiate whatever deal they want for themselves and they shouldn't sign a contract until they are satisfied.

But once they agree to terms and sign a contract they should honor it - just like CEOs of corporations have to.

Wood

Reaction score

I believe its same leg he broke few seasons ago. That is major red flag. Really difficult position for Earl now because he was acting increasingly frustrated about getting major contract. Now I think those contract offers will be much lower and I don't see him wanting to play for that. Might have seen his last game today.

Wood

Reaction score
We can him cheap now. I bet Seattle was like. Damn I should have taken that last offer.

I doubt Earl signs cheap contract. He was fire-storm making 10.4 million this year. Do you really wanna see how he behaves when Dallas offers him $6 million year? I don't. Also, I think he calls it quits.

Wood

Reaction score
Many people here don't understand that about bones.

Its the same bone he broke in 2016 (left tibia). Bones degrade as they sustain multiple breaks in same area. Tony Romo had a similar problem. Thomas is damaged goods now and his next contract is likely 2 year deal for $6-7 million year. I don't think he will accept it but age and injuries are cryptonite for NFL players.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
And this is why fans are fans, sitting on their couches at home. You don't pay a player for what they've done, you pay them for what they're going to do.

You cannot predict injury. Incentives can be future based but base pay is based on resume (past production) and market scale (present valuation).

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
You cannot predict injury. Incentives can be future based but base pay is based on resume (past production) and market scale (present valuation).
Present valuation is the sum of future expected performance. The original quote I responded to said that Thomas had earned a contract based on his past performance, which is wrong. You pay a player for his future performance, and the Seahawks didn't think he was worth what he was asking for. And you bring up incentives, well Thomas didn't want incentives, he wanted big guaranteed money which is exactly what nobody will give a 30 year old DB with injury issues. Base pay is based on your resume when it's expected that you can continue that performance into the future, and nobody believed Thomas could do that.

Don't take it from me, look at how Bill Belichick runs his team.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Doesn't help us this year...... Heath was garbage today

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Present valuation is the sum of future expected performance. The original quote I responded to said that Thomas had earned a contract based on his past performance, which is wrong. You pay a player for his future performance, and the Seahawks didn't think he was worth what he was asking for. And you bring up incentives, well Thomas didn't want incentives, he wanted big guaranteed money which is exactly what nobody will give a 30 year old DB with injury issues. Base pay is based on your resume when it's expected that you can continue that performance into the future, and nobody believed Thomas could do that.

Don't take it from me, look at how Bill Belichick runs his team.

But you are using his recent injury as indication of not paying him market value. His production this season prior to injury confirmed that ET was the best player at his position.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I’m just letting you know about a proven Law in our world.

If you wanna turn your nose to it so be it

Actually, you're just making things up and you'd be better off just saying it's your belief.