Earl Thomas fuels Cowboys rumors

Rayman70

Reaction score
wont matter if we sign 4 Earl Thomas', if we lack the main ingredient, which is a competent HC, then is all for not.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This was just posted on Twitter

Let's not forget, ET Seahawks (former) teammates talking how much of a diehard Cowboy fan is to point trying to watch every Cowboy game when he's not playing.

LittleD

Reaction score
All 32 NFL Front Offices make mistakes.

The elite ones move on from their mistakes.

Well, he's better at stopping the run than Gregory. We paid him so might as well use him up this season and then say goodbye.

LittleD

Reaction score
Actually they can finally get out of the Crawford deal and save cap money. That's finally turned.

Stash, Crawford still plays the run better than Gregory. Until we have someone better, we might as well use him on 1st and 2nd down.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash, Crawford still plays the run better than Gregory. Until we have someone better, we might as well use him on 1st and 2nd down.

Did you watch that last game? I did. We can get better than that on the street, or playing in the AAF. For league minimum.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he's better at stopping the run than Gregory. We paid him so might as well use him up this season and then say goodbye.

He's a savings to cut. Say goodbye now, or sign him to an extension with a significant pay cut.

LittleD

Reaction score
Did you watch that last game? I did. We can get better than that on the street, or playing in the AAF. For league minimum.

No one on the defense played that good against the Rams. Gonna get rid of all of them?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In fairness, Woods, Collins, LVE and Jaylon Smith were also part of the failure to stop the run up the middle against the Rams. We can't just pin it on Crawford.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In fairness, Woods, Collins, LVE and Jaylon Smith were also part of the failure to stop the run up the middle against the Rams. We can't just pin it on Crawford.

I'm not. I never said it was just him. And also "in fairness" all of those guys you mentioned combined aren't costing what Crawford is either.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not. I never said it was just him. And also "in fairness" all of those guys you mentioned combined aren't costing what Crawford is either.

You did use that game as an indication he isn't very good, and in fact said we can get better than that on the street. So, if you aren't just pinning it on him, and you agree others were responsible as well, wouldn't that mean we can get better on the street than Woods, Collins, LVE and Smith?

I, of course, know that's not what you believe, but again, in fairness, you can't apply a different standard to him than others that we agree were also responsible. In other words, if that game was an anomaly for those guys, why isn't it an anomaly for Crawford too?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You did use that game as an indication he isn't very good, and in fact said we can get better than that on the street. So, if you aren't just pinning it on him, and you agree others were responsible as well, wouldn't that mean we can get better on the street than Woods, Collins, LVE and Smith?

We did get Woods off the street!
:laugh:

I, of course, know that's not what you believe, but again, in fairness, you can't apply a different standard to him than others that we agree were also responsible. In other words, if that game was an anomaly for those guys, why isn't it an anomaly for Crawford too?

I can when he makes as much money as all of them combined! Oh yes I can! And I will!

By the way, you can easily go back to 2017 and watch Andrew Whitworth embarrass and humiliate Crawford in that game too so you won't mistakenly think that it's any "anomaly". Or the well-researched fact that not a single one of Crawford's 2017 sacks even came against a starting left tackle. Also not an "anomaly".

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We did get Woods off the street!
:laugh:

I can when he makes as much money as all of them combined! Oh yes I can! And I will!

By the way, you can easily go back to 2017 and watch Andrew Whitworth embarrass and humiliate Crawford in that game too so you won't mistakenly think that it's any "anomaly". Or the well-researched fact that not a single one of Crawford's 2017 sacks even came against a starting left tackle. Also not an "anomaly".

If we can get better off the streets, why does it matter if they are paid less than Crawford? Let's get rid of all of them!

As for Crawford's sacks not coming against a starting LT, he played much more DT than DE this year, so that's not really a surprise.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could just be he knows where he's not going to be and decided on Austin as the base of operation. Wherever he ends up, he will most likely get an apt and commute. He's wanted to get back to Texas but that doesn't necessarily mean he will end up with DAL or HOU.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we can get better off the streets, why does it matter if they are paid less than Crawford? Let's get rid of all of them!

You figure out who's costing $9 million and then get back to me.

As for Crawford's sacks not coming against a starting LT, he played much more DT than DE this year, so that's not really a surprise.

No, he still wasted far too many snaps uselessly lining up at right defensive end. Wasting both time and money in a vain effort to get him on the field "somewhere" to try to justify that bloated contract. Nice try though.