News: Earl Thomas may not play?

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score

LMAOOOO a 1st + another high Rd pick + a veteran player????

Schneider smoking that good stuff

If that's what they're asking, it's clear they plan on franchising him for the next two seasons after this one, because if not, they would've taken the 2nd rounder+scraps since they aren't re signing him long term and it doesn't appear the Seahawks are any sort of playoff contender right now.

Guess we gotta wait 3 years for ET :(

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm wondering how Seattle let Bennett go to Philadelphia for a 5th, but they want a treasure trove from us.

Bennett was 32 and signed long term to a big money deal as well as staring a likely suspension.
Through 2 games he has 4 tackles no sacks and plays about half the snaps.
Chris Long is a better player that makes far less.

Earl Thomas is a top 3 free safety.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
You know something is brewing.. It's the Seahawks home opener and to be sitting the best player on a sad defense is smells fishy...

He's not sitting. That's all BS and assumptions based on him not practicing Thursday. He was at walk through friday as reported by nfl.com and is expected to play today. Now we can create a whole new list of fantasy scenarios in our head. Why did he sit out Thursday? He was shopping or being shopped. Why is he playing today? The shopping spree ended without a deal!! C'mon guys let's make up some more BS stories. ET will play out his contract in Seattle. Play up to his potential then go fro the big FA contract next spring. He's not stupid and Seattle isn't giving him away. The Cowboys are not an ET away from a SB. We all know that. His presence in Dallas may improve our D a bit, that's all

Last edited:

stinkface

Reaction score
Well, the Zone beat this one to death.

5rBdBgZ.png

erod

Reaction score
If that's what they're asking, it's clear they plan on franchising him for the next two seasons after this one, because if not, they would've taken the 2nd rounder+scraps since they aren't re signing him long term and it doesn't appear the Seahawks are any sort of playoff contender right now.

If that was entirely true, then why did they offer him to is on draft day for a 2nd? Seattle is just trying to maximize this, which is understandable. They can afford to be patient. They could franchise him, then try to trade him again around draft time, but that's risky.

They aren't going to be good for a long time.

This much we know is true. Thomas is going to be a major distraction every single day to that locker room, coaching staff, front office, and fan base until the day he's gone. He watched the team get traded off and crumble around him, and he wants out. His heart isn't in it there.

Last edited:

RamziD

Reaction score

You realize he’s a free agent after this season, right?

RamziD

Reaction score
To all of you saying you wouldn’t offer more than a 3rd for ET, why in the world would SEA accept a 3rd when that’s what they will get if they play him this season and then let him walk in FA? To gain 10-15 spots in the 3rd round? Lol. The offer should be a 2nd or no more than a 2nd and 5th. Take it or move on.

CWR

Reaction score
To all of you saying you wouldn’t offer more than a 3rd for ET, why in the world would SEA accept a 3rd when that’s what they will get if they play him this season and then let him walk in FA? To gain 10-15 spots in the 3rd round? Lol. The offer should be a 2nd or no more than a 2nd and 5th. Take it or move on.

Thats what they would get if they didnt sign another FA and it would be ANOTHER year before they saw that pick as well.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

How do ppl still not understand how comp picks work? THEY WILL NOT GET A 3RD NEXT YEAR. Comp picks are for the season AFTER the players leave. Meaning they would possibley get a 3rd in 2020. We are offering a 3rd in 2019.

T-RO

Reaction score
Seattle would get 3 benefits from trading us a third instead of waiting to get the comp pick:
1-Salary cap relief
2- The pick would be a year sooner
3- The pick would be higher in the round

That said, my view is Dallas should not make the trade if it requires a #2. And there’s a strong argument just to pass on it, period.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Your Seahawks aren’t interested in extending him (adding guaranteed money)....but want to franchise tag him (fully guaranteed) 2 years in a row?

I don’t know who’s more delusional, Seattle’s GM or their fans.

I hope he stays a distraction for your team all season long!

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Your Seahawks aren’t interested in extending him (adding guaranteed money)....but want to franchise tag him (fully guaranteed) 2 years in a row?

I don’t know who’s more delusional, Seattle’s GM or their fans.

I hope he stays a distraction for your team all season long!
Just because I'm a fanboy of someone not on the Cowboys, doesn't make me a fan of that team (if that's what you mean?).

ET wants a massive contract. Eric Berry got $40M guaranteed. Franchising him one year at a time is way less risky. I don't understand your point.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just because I'm a fanboy of someone not on the Cowboys, doesn't make me a fan of that team (if that's what you mean?).

ET wants a massive contract. Eric Berry got $40M guaranteed. Franchising him one year at a time is way less risky. I don't understand your point.
I called you out months ago which is why you now have your profile locked! But whatever, man.

Franchising an already disgruntled player? That’s good strategy? You want a full on locker room boil-over? Because that’s where this is heading.

And that $40m guaranteed for Berry was on a six year contract. That’s less guaranteed per year than what the franchise will be. And you don’t need a 5 or 6 year deal for Earl. Give him 3 year extension. But his stunt in Dallas killed any chance of an extension.

Last edited: