News: Earl Thomas may not play?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Stephen just had to piss off ET right before the game?

A simple no comment would have been so much better. He loves hearing himself talk like his daddy.

But unlike his daddy, no skins on the wall.
There are much higher character people to emulate than Jerry Jones even if he is your dad Stephen.

mikeb18768

Reaction score
IMO the Seahawks should've seen this coming last year when ET chased down JG and said come get me. He as in ET was never going to sign again with them. The front office is trying to play hardball with a player that is going to leave next year no matter what. So they can say and do whatever they want but I would rather trade him get a 2nd or a 3rd and be happy. Because in the long run he is going to be a Cowboy..

erod

Reaction score
IMO the Seahawks should've seen this coming last year when ET chased down JG and said come get me. He as in ET was never going to sign again with them. The front office is trying to play hardball with a player that is going to leave next year no matter what. So they can say and do whatever they want but I would rather trade him get a 2nd or a 3rd and be happy. Because in the long run he is going to be a Cowboy..
Unless they franchise tag him.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Such a weird turn in the story... Carroll is obviously frustrated-- don't think Seattle is viewing this as gamesmanship or being coy. Whatever the "personal" reasons are that ET has that are causing him to miss practice time and potentially the game Sunday-- seem to be irritating at least his coaching staff. Anyway-- my guess is he plays and collects his game check-- but there seems to be a lot not being said by ET and Seattle at the moment.

Reactions: BAT

mikeb18768

Reaction score
Such a weird turn in the story... Carroll is obviously frustrated-- don't think Seattle is viewing this as gamesmanship or being coy. Whatever the "personal" reasons are that ET has that are causing him to miss practice time and potentially the game Sunday-- seem to be irritating at least his coaching staff. Anyway-- my guess is he plays and collects his game check-- but there seems to be a lot not being said by ET and Seattle at the moment.

But he was at practice that's what makes it fishy. Maybe Pete is worried ET will not play hard. But I don't see Earl doing that. There has to be a handshake deal that Earl wont play then be traded right after and ride back on the plane

revospeed

Reaction score
He skipped practice for no announced reason. That's kind of a fact worth conjecture, ya think?

There’s a a bunch of reasons more likely than we secretly traded for him. He could actually have personal issues, he could be trying to gain leverage, but it’s really unlikely the Seahawks budge and we up our offer.

Plus everyone involved has denied it, he hasn’t been ruled out and he’s said he’s ready to play. 2pm Sunday is going come around, he’s going to be active and a lot of bubbles will be burst.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There’s a a bunch of reasons more likely than we secretly traded for him. He could actually have personal issues, he could be trying to gain leverage, but it’s really unlikely the Seahawks budge and we up our offer.

Plus everyone involved has denied it, he hasn’t been ruled out and he’s said he’s ready to play. 2pm Sunday is going come around, he’s going to be active and a lot of bubbles will be burst.
He's a proper fan/soldier, not wanting to hit his peeps with friendly fire... And I mean the Cowboys.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think ol' Earl wants to be a Cowboy.
I just hope Dallas goes and stomps Seattle so they have good reason to go get ET on Monday.

I keep seeing this same position being repeated over and over.

So Seattle loses, dropping them to 0-3. Then they decide to pack it all in and trade their defensive stud and of course for the mythical "right price". Don't see it.
Or, well, he really could have something personal going on. Not everything means he is headed to Dallas.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

"Secretly traded"? Really?

cristglo

Reaction score
He didnt practice wed then he practice thursday then he didnt practice friday

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Now, now, matey.
He wants to play for us for how long. 1 year?
Then an NFL show-me-the-money tour before landing in New York or New England?
Lol
You so silly, ruffian.
He’s ran to our locker room and the Seahawks still can franchise him. They like his character enough. We cut Dez

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
"Secretly traded"? Really?
Super dooper top secret trade that's done, and now done, but could be a done deal, but we'll never know until it's a done deal.
It's that secret.

It was hashed out by 4th parties in 3rd world countries without wifi and cell service.

That secret.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Alexander, post: 8459793, member: 2328

Or, well, he really could have something personal going on. Not everything means he is headed to Dallas.[/QUOTE]

In that case— Carroll wouldn’t be flustered and could give a bit more info. Like Jenkins needing some time to deal with a “personal issue” last week and everyone knew it had to do with his family.

In this instance— the silence, and pretty clear annoyance from Carroll is strange. Not saying it has anything to do with Dallas (see my post you quoted)... just saying something about this is just weird