News: Earl Thomas may not play?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Earl Thomas will be a Green Bay Packer come Monday

heard it here first

stinkface

Reaction score
Their GM overplayed their hand. Should have accepted the trade two weeks ago. I suspect the price has/will only fall from that date forward.

Agree. Unless we already have a deal in place right now and the fear is ET might get hurt tackling Zeke on Sunday. If he plays Sunday the deal is probably off or it will end up going down in late October for a 3rd round pick and one of our wide receivers (TBD which one).

erod

Reaction score
My guess is Jourdan Lewis, Rico Gathers, and a 3rd for Thomas.

Richard hates small corners.

stinkface

Reaction score
Heck, he will probably be a NE Patriot by Monday. Bellicheat doesn't need anyone's approval. He will just pull the trigger.

aria

Reaction score
Relax, we dont know the circumstances and Id be highly suprised if he simply refused to play vs Dallas because he likes us lol. If anything this is a team decision or a mutual one because hes about to be traded imo.
Your assuming hes not injured or does not have an actual family issue
In my original post I stated if he held out of this game purposely I would despise him. I don’t care what he thinks of the FO, you don’t screw over your teammates. I work in a team oriented environment, I couldn’t imagine someone saying “I don’t like the boss, sorry to screw you guys but I’m not helping today”. That’s low.

Iago33

Reaction score
That's my thinking. It's a very common practice in baseball. We hardly ever see it in the NFL, but only because in season trades are so rare.
Or maybe because a single game actually counts in football. Unless this 8s team-mandated (which I doubt), this doesn't have a good smell.

king987

Reaction score
Sounds too good to be true, to not have to deal with ET this Sunday. If he doesn't play, this feels like a Dallas win.

There seems to be something going on in Seattle, and maybe it's not just an unhappy ET. Sure does feel a bit like they're dealing with some of that Pittsburgh drama.