Twitter: Earl Thomas officially holds out of camp for contract ext

kskboys

Reaction score
There's nothing "confusing" about it at all. But I'm not hypocritical enough to hold players accountable to a contract that teams often don't honor either.

By your standards, how many times have the Seahawks cut a player before their contract was up and "failed to keep their word"?

Teams do honor. They have to pay the guaranteed. Players agree to pay for a certain amount.

If a player is cut, the team has to pay the guaranteed. Not really sure what your question is.

kskboys

Reaction score
Corners are more likely to decline than safeties. Some CBs even more to S later in their careers because of that.

Your injury argument remains ridiculous. Getting your leg broken by a teammate predicts nothing injury-wise. He missed two games last year with a hamstring. Pete Carroll was clear that Thomas missed the second game because it was a TH game and the staff wouldn't clear him unless he was able to practice for a couple of days (which was impossible given the TH game).
your best argument is that my argument remains ridiculous, it's apparent that you have nothing on your side. It's also apparent that you don't pay attention. DB's decline around the age of 30. Some can play for a while yet, many cannot. I'm not willing to roll the dice on a huge contract for an aging DB. If you are, we disagree. No reason to get nasty because I don't agree w/ you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams do honor. They have to pay the guaranteed. Players agree to pay for a certain amount.

If a player is cut, the team has to pay the guaranteed. Not really sure what your question is.

I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. There is no question, it's a statement. If you want to pretend to be obtuse, that's your call.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
your best argument is that my argument remains ridiculous, it's apparent that you have nothing on your side. It's also apparent that you don't pay attention. DB's decline around the age of 30. Some can play for a while yet, many cannot. I'm not willing to roll the dice on a huge contract for an aging DB. If you are, we disagree. No reason to get nasty because I don't agree w/ you.

Yes. My best argument is that your argument is ridiculous. As that is what your argument it.

Sad to see you viewing someone posting actual facts as "nasty." Not all opinions are equal. Those easily refuted are of less value. Maybe do a little research before making strong claims and you'll avoid having your feelings hurt in the future.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think what Earl is trying to say is that if we trade for him, we will go back to the Super Bowl for 1st time since that pic was taken?
Then he's really trying to revitalize his marketable motor with some cyber 'slick 50'o_O
:lmao::starspin::lmao:

* ya,he's playing that angle

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Cowboys nation: “I hate paying players huge contracts approaching 30”.

Cowboys nation: “I’d pay ET 10 mm a year even though he’s coming up on 30!”

o_O

Imagine if Zack Martin ran up to Pete Carroll after last year's game and said "Come get me," then held out of camp this year. Let's just say he'd be rather unpopular on this board. Earl Thomas does it to JG and some fans turn into teenage girls "OMG, Earl Thomas!" :muttley:

DiResta

Reaction score
the real question is will the Cowboys give him that last contract next year or will they not even make a real offer?
id guess based on recent history they get way outbid or just look to the draft

mickswag

Reaction score
This is a post from Seahwks.NET just a bit ago. Might mean nothing...

Murmurs in Dallas that something could be announced tomorrow.
drrew
NET Veteran

Hmm. Interesting. Wonder if that's legit or if he's just saying that because of Fish's upcoming "exclusive."