Earl Thomas officially meets with Cowboys at NFL Combine-Undisputed

Pants

Reaction score
Witten came back at a reasonable rate and he is already the best TE on the team; if Thomas came back at a reasonable rate, then I welcome him (he is certainly still VERY good)...but, if he is using Dallas as leverage to get paid (in general) and jack up his price, then go somewhere else....

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Of course he’s gonna meet with the cowboys. He wants to be here. It’s what he wants to get paid that could be the issue. Not shocking he’s meeting with us. He loves the cowboys but that doesn’t mean we end up throwing whatever amount of money he wants

aria

Reaction score
So based on most of the comments I’ve read, Earl is awesome and would make us a Super Bowl contender but if he signs somewhere else he’s old, injury prone and wouldn’t have been worth his asking price.

Very confusing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, when he signs elsewhere there are going to be some sad pandas around here.

I'd be a 'sadder panda' if the Cowboys were actually dumb enough to make him this 'highest paid safety' crap.

If any team in the NFL is willing to do that, and get into the terrible predicament that the Chiefs are in with Eric Berry? Have at it dummies!

LittleD

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys interested in ET, yes! Are they interested in making ET the highest paid safety in the NFL, no! Is ET going to find greener pastures to
sell his skills to, yes? Is there going to be wailing and knashing around here in the zone, you bet!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are the Cowboys interested in ET, yes! Are they interested in making ET the highest paid safety in the NFL, no! Is ET going to find greener pastures to
sell his skills to, yes? Is there going to be wailing and knashing around here in the zone, you bet!

When it comes to this topic and this player?

This has been discussed so much, both pro and con, that there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth either way, no matter which way this thing goes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And so it starts..

It sounds like there's a whole lot about Earl Thomas that ol' Marble Mouth doesn't know. He wants to make claims for what the guy will do, yet doesn't even know if he's married or not? And it's obvious that he didn't know of the fact that the Cowboys are Thomas' favorite team. So much so that the guy would rush from games and practices to watch them! That counts in the equation. You tell yourself how much it counts, but it's undeniable that it does.

Texas born man, Texas college player, Texas favorite team.

It is one of several advantages the Cowboys have in this situation.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why nobody seems to understand this is all just early bargaining posturing is beyond me.

That's exactly what it is.

Charean Williams came out with the 'Cowboys side' of things on PFT just a day or two ago as well.

It's negotiating in public from both sides.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I want them to sign him as much as anyone but not if he wants top money. I’d certainly be fine with very good money but nowhere near $13 million a year. Anywhere south of $10 million for 3 years would be to my liking. I’d be fine with lots of it guaranteed for years 1 and 2 but it should have a cap saving out in year 3.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not sure why the Cowboys would even want to make him the highest paid S when he is not even the best safety in the league

Because every safety who’s better will never be available in their prime. It’s the Kurt Cousins situation, this is a super rare opportunity.