Twitter: Earl Thomas ready to return

conner01

Reaction score
Can’t wait for Fisher to tweet we will do our “due diligence” on Thomas.

I loved Thomas at UT and Seattle. But it’s an easy pass for me. No thanks. His money but be starting to dwindle down
Fish will have a field day

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dez and TO are back in shape and are ready to be signed. We have the money. let the show begin. Hershal Walker probably wants to play too.

CWR

Reaction score
I think it’s a perfect fit; not even close to one of the biggest risks you’ve taken lately, and even if he’s half the player he used to be, he’d help you tremendously.

If he's half the player he used to be than both Hooker and Kearse will be better. Love prime ET, but we have nice safeties. We have bigger fish to fry.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, this puts us over the top and explains our inactivity to this point.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am going to be the one to disagree. I actually think he would be better then Kazee was last season. Hooker and Thomas in the back end of the defense would actually be solid. Thomas played well for the Ravens for the most part. You can always cut him if he acts up.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Same earl thomas that got rejected by the Texans players? Same Earl Thomas that got a gun pulled on him by his wife? Same earl Thomas that has threesomes with his brother?

if he were 26 and in his prime you put up with the BS. At 30+ making juvenile decisions I just don’t see the purpose of entertaining it.

if the Jones boys go this route let’s just go all out with Thomas, Antonio brown, etc. it’ll be a disaster, but it would be must see tv week after week.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I am going to be the one to disagree. I actually think he would be better then Kazee was last season. Hooker and Thomas in the back end of the defense would actually be solid. Thomas played well for the Ravens for the most part. You can always cut him if he acts up.

That used to be my way of thinking about these situations as well, but it almost never happens that way. What happens if he gives you average production from the position and becomes close with Dak or Parsons? Do you upset one of your cornerstone players and release a starter for off field issues? How does that action affect the locker room? Sometimes the fix can be more divisive than the shenanigans.

Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but the older I get I see this argument as overly simplified.

quickccc

Reaction score
I would think NFL teams are far more worried about his mental state than his physical shape and condition.
And that includes coaches and players.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some Cowboys fans on here....sign him Jerry...he is a big name, don't be stupid, sign him....
Same Cowboys fans as they Sign Thomas....Jerry is stupid why would he pay that much money to this bum...
Same fans, Jerry don't sign him, he is washed up, but after Thomas signs a huge contract with another team....Jerry is stupid, he could and should have signed Thomas...

blueblood70

Reaction score
That used to be my way of thinking about these situations as well, but it almost never happens that way. What happens if he gives you average production from the position and becomes close with Dak or Parsons? Do you upset one of your cornerstone players and release a starter for off field issues? How does that action affect the locker room? Sometimes the fix can be more divisive than the shenanigans.

Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but the older I get I see this argument as overly simplified.
names dont win; player who can produce and stand upright the most do.

I'm sorry but we have Kearse, Hooker and Wilson plus some young guys,..ET with his mental issues. knee issues etc not worth the risk IMO. now if we have an injury there and hes out there for sure give him a look but isnt honey badger still out there? id rather have a honey Badger over an ET...

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

th

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
names dont win player who can produce and stand upright the most so..

I'm sorry but we have Kearse, Hooker and Wilson plus some young guys,..ET with his mental issues. knee issues etc not worth the risk IMO.now if we have an injury there and hes out there for sure give him a look but isnt honey badger still out there? id rather have a honey Badger over an ET...
Agreed, but Honey badger probably costs actual money, and a multi year commitment. ET is going to have to settle for a 1 year vet min deal. Which is Stephen Jones going to go for?

Personally, I'm with in you in let's play with what we have. I see a 4th/5th round pick being used to round out the bottom of the roster at S, but it's not like we are garbage at the position like we were a couple of years back. I'd even rather entertain Kazee another year over ET at this point.