Twitter: Earl Thomas ready to return

Carson

Reaction score
Here we go with Earl Thomas again. :facepalm: He hasn’t played since 2019 and is 33 years old.
Eric weddle retired at 35 and came back at 37 (playoffs only) and was a beast. It can be done.

But Earl brings baggage that Eric did not bring with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Eric weddle retired at 35 and came back at 37 (playoffs only) and was a beast. It can be done.

But Earl brings baggage that Eric did not bring with him.

As you mentioned Eric Weddle came back for the playoffs only. His body would’ve never held up had he played the entire regular season. Playing only in the playoffs had him fresh. Thomas has baggage and his play has dropped off. I’ll be very surprised if anyone signs him. What happened in Baltimore has pretty much blackballed him.

Techsass

Reaction score
I think it’s a perfect fit; not even close to one of the biggest risks you’ve taken lately, and even if he’s half the player he used to be, he’d help you tremendously.
I try so hard to overlook your questionable affinity for that rabble in Philly & like you, but you just can't resist ripping off the bandage.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy-downsized-large.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but all else with Thomas aside, I'm not so sure we need a safety right now.

Not that the group we have is some sort of juggernaut, but I feel better about it now than I have in a while.

Same logic with Matthieu.....if they passed on bringing him in when it was a huge need, why do it now?

Cheaper? Meh. He just isn't an upgrade over what we currently have is the reality here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree! I’d like to see someone take a shot on the dude.

As for ET….pass. Not sure he’s better than what we have and comes with some headaches. Agree he can be a tryout guy for cheap but doesn’t excite me.
Yeah honestly I don’t think anyone should sign him. He’s in no mental state to play.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
To help us tremendously he needs to be the player he was and he’s his not even close. He’s been out of football for 3 years and is in his mid 30s. He’s done!

Elite Safeties have a very long shelf life, maybe avoiding contact for a few years has done him some good

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nobody wants him.

Nobody wanted him because he was cuckoo for coco puffs. But the last time he was on the field, he put together a pro bowl season… I think he’ll be in a training camp this summer.

You guys are typically in play for these types of moves. You, Cincy, the Commies, maybe even back to Seattle.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nobody wanted him because he was cuckoo for coco puffs. But the last time he was on the field, he put together a pro bowl season… I think he’ll be in a training camp this summer.

You guys are typically in play for these types of moves. You, Cincy, the Commies, maybe even back to Seattle.

He won’t make anyone’s 53 unless someone gets real desperate due to an injury.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He won’t make anyone’s 53 unless someone gets real desperate due to an injury.

Last time we saw him he was a pro bowl safety. Virtually every great safety of the last 25 years played until 35 or later, unless for injury like Chancellor. Dawkins, Reed, Jenkins, Milloy, Mccourty, Harrison, Lynch, Weddle…

If he’s in shape then he’s healthier than any other post-30 player because He hasn’t been getting beat up the last few years. Maybe he’s lost a step, but to say outright he’s not good enough to make a 53? Earl Thomas is awesome, and has never not been.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Last time we saw him he was a pro bowl safety. Virtually every great safety of the last 25 years played until 35 or later, unless for injury like Chancellor. Dawkins, Reed, Jenkins, Milloy, Mccourty, Harrison, Lynch, Weddle…

If he’s in shape then he’s healthier than any other post-30 player because He hasn’t been getting beat up the last few years. Maybe he’s lost a step, but to say outright he’s not good enough to make a 53? Earl Thomas is awesome, and has never not been.

It’s been three years since the last time we saw him because he got booted from his team for starting trouble. Everyone in the Baltimore locker room voted to get rid of him. No one wants to bring in a cancer.