Earl Thomas reportedly skips the beginning of the Seahawks' offseason program

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would trade a 6th for him and make him play out his last year. 1 year at 8.5 million. Get an amazing year out of him as he balls out for his next contract. Then let him sign a massive free agent deal somewhere else and pocket a 4th round comp pick.

If Seattle doesn't want the 6th then screw it. Draft a safety.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I would trade a 6th for him and make him play out his last year. 1 year at 8.5 million. Get an amazing year out of him as he balls out for his next contract. Then let him sign a massive free agent deal somewhere else and pocket a 4th round comp pick.

If Seattle doesn't want the 6th then screw it. Draft a safety.

Why under this circumstance, would you not trade a 4th for him? Not that it matters, they wouldnt take a 4th, much less a 6th lol.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Why under this circumstance, would you not trade a 4th for him? Not that it matters, they wouldnt take a 4th, much less a 6th lol.
I suppose under this circumstance I would but there is always the risk that he sucks. A 6th is worth that risk.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I suppose under this circumstance I would but there is always the risk that he sucks. A 6th is worth that risk.

But your initial post says get one great year put of him?

There's a chance Aaron Rodgers sucks next year too. Call the Packs front office and offer a 6th.

A 3rd is worth the risk.

ksg811

Reaction score

Where are you getting this risk that he sucks? He's been an all pro every year since his rookie seasons except for 2016, when he missed 5 games after breaking his leg. He has shown no risk of sucking in his entire career due to his off the chart instincts. Instincts are what kept Ed Reed elite into his mid thirties, and will do the same for Thomas.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Where are you getting this risk that he sucks? He's been an all pro every year since his rookie seasons except for 2016, when he missed 5 games after breaking his leg. He has shown no risk of sucking in his entire career due to his off the chart instincts. Instincts are what kept Ed Reed elite into his mid thirties, and will do the same for Thomas.

S doesn't have quite the longevity of OL or QB but like DT you regularly see S play at a high level late into their 30s. People are acting like its RB and LB we are talking about here.