Earl Thomas trade discussions centered around pick 50

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Perhaps, but they haven't given him a new contract. All bets are off if he has a terrible season. They are trying to help him, but if they miss on him (and give him a huge contract) it will be a decade window of losing for the Cowboys. Make sure and then make your moves.
No, they haven't. But the Cowboys are banking on taking advantage of Dak's cheap contract.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
That's not true. Draft show was saying by the chart you trade back 10 spots to 29 would equal a 2nd. Also depends on who the team is trading up for, if it's a QB then you get more value
When we moved down a couple years back and drafted Freddie, we went from the 18th spot to the 31st spot, thats a drop off of 13 spots, we only received an extra 3rd!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You do realize going to from 27 to 10 is a much higher jump than any trade down being discussed right? Tell me how low you're wanting to drop to get that 2nd rounder. 45?

And a future 1st is nearly equivalent in trade value to a current top of the 2nd.
We can debate all day but the facts are you can only get what someone is willing to give up. To say you can't get a certain round at a certain pick is foolish. Anyways have a great draft day

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
When we moved down a couple years back and drafted Freddie, we went from the 18th spot to the 31st spot, thats a drop off of 13 spots, we only received an extra 3rd!
Because that's what Dallas took. Every team and pick is different

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We can debate all day but the facts are you can only get what someone is willing to give up. To say you can't get a certain round at a certain pick is foolish. Anyways have a great draft day

Not foolish whatsoever, debating a point that has a near 0% chance of being able to happen is much mpre foolish. You too bud.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I would rather take a fraction of that money and have given it to suh, and used that pick to move up for vita vea. Which I don’t even want to do that, but for me those two on defensive line plus the secondary we have would be a better bargain.

Billyd

Reaction score
Dallas could have traded up to get Derwin James two places..They dont want Thomas..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

From inside the article:

“There’s a sense around the league that the Dallas Cowboys aren’t done making a push for Thomas, who’d fill a major need on their defense. Two sources said the trade discussions between Seattle and Dallas have centered around the Cowboys’ second-round pick (No. 50 overall) but that no deal will be done until the Cowboys figure out whether they can sign Thomas long term. Thomas has one year and $8.5 million left on his contract, which would make him a great deal for the 2018 Cowboys. But dealing a second-rounder for a one-year rental wouldn’t make a lot of sense. If a deal gets struck, expect news of a Thomas contract extension with Dallas to follow.
'
I don't want this trade. I will wait another year when he hits FA. I rather pick a WR like Sutton, Washington or Kirk

BRoni

Reaction score
Count me in with the crowd that thinks a 2nd is more than I care to give up when he is about to turn 29 next month.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Count me in with the crowd that thinks a 2nd is more than I care to give up when he is about to turn 29 next month.
Agreed. And I live in Seattle so I see a lot of Hawks football. Earl is great but on the downside of his career. The deal he’s asking for could be much better spent elsewhere to shore up needs on the team.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Not me.

Our pick at 50..

Needs to start for us for at least 4 years..

ET will not last that long.

I wouldn't send a 2nd round pick for Thomas, though I think he has a good shot to play another 4 very productive seasons. Top flight safeties have remained productive several years into their 30s. I would certainly send a 3rd provided we can get a WR in the 2nd. To me that would be an excellent draft day. The rest of the picks address guard, 1tech, backup RB.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Not like these idiots can pick a playmaker in the first or second round anyways. Just take over the hill, expensive Thomas and call it a day. Better than whatever flunkie they pick. They cannot hit a playmaker. Idiots.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Wonder if they would consider a 3rd 4th and 6th. We have so many picks in the later rounds I think all I would really miss there is the 3rd... And a 3rd for him would be well worth it.

Chappy

Reaction score
Wonder if they would consider a 3rd 4th and 6th. We have so many picks in the later rounds I think all I would really miss there is the 3rd... And a 3rd for him would be well worth it.

Agree with this and a 2nd is to expensive.