Earl Thomas trade discussions centered around pick 50

Billyd

Reaction score
Giggle all you want, just stop posting ridiculous statements as fact, when they couldnt be farther from the truth. It makes you look bad, dude.

Whos truth? Yours? Ive made logical points, You just want to trade for the sake of trading..And Earl is not worth it..That doesnt mean he wasnt a good player..It just means that you like hitching your wagons to unicorns!

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
An expensive aging player on the decline with an injury history?

No way for a 2nd rounder!

2nd round picks should be long term building blocks for your team. They help beat the cap too! They are good enough players to be day 1 contributors, if not starters, yet don't break the bank.

Keep your cool Dallas. You've been avoiding these kinds of mistakes lately, don't fall back into the old habits.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You do realize a first is more then a second. Not only that a future pick is always 1 round above the current draft...... Which would be a 2nd

You do realize going to from 27 to 10 is a much higher jump than any trade down being discussed right? Tell me how low you're wanting to drop to get that 2nd rounder. 45?

And a future 1st is nearly equivalent in trade value to a current top of the 2nd.

Billyd

Reaction score
No more than a 3rd and only if it comes with a long term contract

Unfortunately Jerry will want to make a splash so the team will get hosed as usual

So you want to not only give away a third, you want to continue on with Seattles last contract that they didnt want..Really?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Whos truth? Yours? Ive made logical points, You just want to trade for the sake of trading..And Earl is not worth it..That doesnt mean he wasnt a good player..It just means that you like hitching your wagons to unicorns!
Not my truth, THE TRUTH.

Name one single logical point you've made, just one.

rynochop

Reaction score
I'd really rather not do a 2nd..give 3rd and 4th it's basically a 5th anyway.

All this goes against Stephens philosophy though..maybe the old man put his foot down for the night on the big stage

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's on the market next year, where he can be had for *no* compensation. Getting him a year early at 8.5mil is not worth a second. Not even close. That second could draft a S who starts for us for years.

Maybe they could give us a player. Maybe they'd like one of ours.

Flamma

Reaction score
I would not give any 2nd round pick for Thomas. Even if we had 3 of them. This draft has some pretty good players through the first two rounds. I'd rather have the younger players than Earl Thomas and his expensive contract. Maybe if they accept a 3rd, and that's a big if, just look.