Earl Thomas trade discussions centered around pick 50

MrPhil

Reaction score
Problem is...we will not get a 1st and 2nd for the 19th pick, a late 1st and a 3rd at most, We could use a third and 4th to try and get back into the 2nd.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
They key takeaway I get from this is Seattle is moving once again. They wanted a first and third just yesterday. I play hardball and firm on the third. It's fair and better than anything else they can get.
If I read correctly I think earlier in the week Seattle had changed from a 1 and 3 to a 2 and 4 for Earl. But I think you are absolutely right, they are moving and they are the ones with all the pressure. Dallas needs to be patient and wait for it to drop more to a firm 3 like you stated.

Blitzen

Reaction score
What if you could get better production from a draft pick, playing more games?

A third rounder is a high expense, but probably fair compensation to get the deal done. You cannot typically find any players of his caliber (yes even considering his injury history and recent production) after the 1st round let alone the 3rd. I would rather wait to see who is available in the 3rd, but would no longer hate the deal at that point.

Billyd

Reaction score
I was referencing Dak not Thomas.

I think he has been a good one, but unless the trend he has been on doesnt continue you throwing around some names a lil liberal like...I dont trust a team that probly told him to go out and say what he did to garrett to get interest..They win if they get any mitigation of loss on his contract..Why are we throwimg a win to Seattle..His production in the last two years does not warrant it..
A third rounder is a high expense, but probably fair compensation to get the deal done. You cannot typically find any players of his caliber (yes even considering his injury history and recent production) after the 1st round let alone the 3rd. I would rather wait to see who is available in the 3rd, but would no longer hate the deal at that point.

Hahahaba .o i dont hate the deal!!,.Never throw wins at a team you are going to play this year, and maybe see in the playoffs..Its not worth the picks, we need to fix our own issues.

Getting a vet that might play 11 games a year or would not take a starters snaps is Not ROI..YOU Paying him 8 mil just to come to Dallas..

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why because they tell the truth?

If i wanted to dig into this it wouldnt take me long to find out what the deal is..Seattle is,dumping his contract to mitigate there loss. WHY should we help them do that? HIs production now is about what a avg safety does..This whatever does not get the Cowboys competing for a sb... It only helps Seattle..You know we play seattle this year..Why would you promote a lose win deal like this?

A limited truth sure. It's akin to saying Cindy Crawford is ugly because she has a mole though.

First evaluating FS and CB by tackle stats is plain ignorant. Defenses are designed to have their front 7 make tackles while the perimeter guys play last line of defense. When those guys are racking up tackles that means the rest of the defense isn't doing their jobs.

As for the limitations of the passing coverage stats that is easy to outline. The very best DBs get 8 picks and twice that in PDs. That is 24 cases out of 800+ plays that a full time defensive player plays. WIth simply good players that number goes down to 16. IOW, over 95% of the plays you have no idea how they did in coverage by those stats. It's not like QB where virtually every pass is accounted for.

With DBs you need to discuss their play of the field and cannot rely on stat lines. Else you have halfassed analysis.

This new stuff is story time of you trying to rationalize what Seattle is doing. You have no idea what Carroll and co think of ET nor what their motivations are. For all you know it could be that ET wants out and told them he is not resigning now that Bennett and Sherman have been let go.

If they get him for a second round or third round pick you are getting ET instead of a single rookie and pay an extra $8m or so in salary. Is a S in the second or third round like Gaulden or Moore going to be better than ET? Not likely and the cap room doesn't prevent us from doing anything.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No deal anyway. Im going to pull something see what it do..Earl is marginal now..Hasnt played a full season in two years, and looks like he is breaking down..

He had a good run..But i think our picks are best spent on our prospects, not Seattles vets!

This is completely fabricated.

Why do people post about subjects they arent educated in and make bold statements regardless? It makes no sense to me.

Billyd

Reaction score
A limited truth sure. It's akin to saying Cindy Crawford is ugly because she has a mole though.

First evaluating FS and CB by tackle stats is plain ignorant. Defenses are designed to have their front 7 make tackles while the perimeter guys play last line of defense. When those guys are racking up tackles that means the rest of the defense isn't doing their jobs.

As for the limitations of the passing coverage stats that is easy to outline. The very best DBs get 8 picks and twice that in PDs. That is 24 cases out of 800+ plays that a full time defensive player plays. WIth simply good players that number goes down to 16. IOW, over 95% of the plays you have no idea how they did in coverage by those stats. It's not like QB where virtually every pass is accounted for.

With DBs you need to discuss their play of the field and cannot rely on stat lines. Else you have halfassed analysis.

This new stuff is story time of you trying to rationalize what Seattle is doing. You have no idea what Carroll and co think of ET nor what their motivations are. For all you know it could be that ET wants out and told them he is not resigning now that Bennett and Sherman have been let go.

If they get him for a second round or third round pick you are getting ET instead of a single rookie and pay an extra $8m or so in salary. Is a S in the second or third round like Gaulden or Moore going to be better than ET? Not likely and the cap room doesn't prevent us from doing anything.

We are still on this? its not going to happen because the Cowboys like me, know its a bad deal...Thats enough for me..

Billyd

Reaction score
This is completely fabricated.

Why do people post about subjects they arent educated in and make bold statements regardless? It makes no sense to me.

Lol..Im not sure but it does give me the chance to educate and giggle along the way!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Problem is...we will not get a 1st and 2nd for the 19th pick, a late 1st and a 3rd at most, We could use a third and 4th to try and get back into the 2nd.
That's not true. Draft show was saying by the chart you trade back 10 spots to 29 would equal a 2nd. Also depends on who the team is trading up for, if it's a QB then you get more value

DEMFAN

Reaction score
We are not talking about Byron..He plays 16 games a year!
I know but you’re talking of not wanting to use a 2nd for ET. When a 2nd could turn out to be a bum a non contributor. Byron isn’t that but he was picked high and I’m sure we’ve all hoped he would be better than what he is.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lol..Im not sure but it does give me the chance to educate and giggle along the way!
Giggle all you want, just stop posting ridiculous statements as fact, when they couldnt be farther from the truth. It makes you look bad, dude.

visionary

Reaction score
No more than a 3rd and only if it comes with a long term contract

Unfortunately Jerry will want to make a splash so the team will get hosed as usual

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That's not true. Draft show was saying by the chart you trade back 10 spots to 29 would equal a 2nd. Also depends on who the team is trading up for, if it's a QB then you get more value

Chiefs traded up from 27 to 10 last year and all it cost was a future 1st. The trade chart is way outdated.