Early Game Thread

mardwin

Reaction score
Like when they convinced themselves our WRs were good.
I'm convinced that our WRs are better than they appear but the QB is making them look worse than they are. Dak is afraid to throw the football unless the receivers are completely open.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't think that. My point was what this organization thought. Whether it was foolish or not this organization thought they had more years with Romo. Now when Romo went down in 2016 in a preseason game that's when I knew for sure his body just can't hold up in this league anymore. At that point he was already having back problems.
Right, and somebody would counter argue that...

It’s a front offices responsibility to be prepared for the future. And Romo was old and had a history of serious injury. So any front office go expected him to play much longer, was lying to itself. Which is the truth. Jerry and company lie to themselves about their players all the time.

I think the Cowboys were looking to be prepared. I think they wanted Wentz and you see what they tried to do for Lynch and Cook. There was chatter about Romo going down ruining the season plus Romo had a huge payout coming on his contract so i think the idea was for a rookie to sit behind Romo for a few years and take over when Romo became a cap casualty. Just didn't work out at the top of the draft.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It 's like this every time Wentz is on the field.

Vomit inducing.

I get it. He's good. But get over it people. Move on.

It’s exactly how I feel.

I know Wentz is good.

I hate it because he’s an eagle. And some posters obsessing over it every game thread is brutal. But sadly the game thread is like a train wreck. I can’t look away. And I can’t help myself. I need help.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"Why didn't we draft Wentz?"

"Dak can't do that."

"We should've started Romo in the playoff game."

Every week, people. Seriously, it's not healthy to keep living in the past. I realize we're kind of stuck there as Cowboys fans but go for the happy moments.

Rehashing the same regrets every Sunday is kinda old.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He had a back issue.

They lost the bet they made. And now paying for it.

How are they paying for it? Wentz has been hurt and has been injury prone lol. They would've still been paying for it lol.

Fact of the matter is this team should've had Romo's backup in place before Wentz even got drafted. They didn't, ended up getting Dak and the transition was as good as you could hope. They got Dak and won 13 games with him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys were looking to be prepared. I think they wanted Wentz and you see what they tried to do for Lynch and Cook. There was chatter about Romo going down ruining the season plus Romo had a huge payout coming on his contract so i think the idea was for a rookie to sit behind Romo for a few years and take over when Romo became a cap casualty. Just didn't work out at the top of the draft.

You’re right. But now with the power of hindsight it’s scary that they thought Lynch was that future. Dude is awful.

People complain about Dak. The complaints about Lynch would be horrendous. And for good reason.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Well we all know they had Witten who they loved and behind him they had James Hanna who they loved. Which is unfortunate for Hanna because he would've been our #1 if he didn't have to retire early.

Ali-Cox is 3rd on the Colts TE depth chart, but he actually gets to play some. He's no Dalton Schultz, though.

reddyuta

Reaction score
It feels like the browns are a feeder system for the Pats,they trade their high draft picks to them.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
3rd and goal from the 5 and the Bears trying to cover James White with a LB.

Guess how that one ended? Yep, TD to a wide open White.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Patriots hold like the Packers and get away with it year on, year out.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jags should of tried to get Howard from the Bears instead of Hyde.

His talents are being wasted with Nagy in Chicago and he would of been a great fit for the Jags style of offense.

Reaction score
Patriots turnovers have kept the Bears close.

But in reality, Trubisky has been terrible throwing the ball. He's been ok running it. But throwing? Yuck!