Early Game Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
But Romo did get hurt. He was hurt before that draft too.

Pointless argument Sydla. There are some on this board who still insist Romo would be healthy to this day and his back problems were behind him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Anyone here know of Mo Ali-Cox? He played basketball at VCU.

He's a rookie TE for the Colts and just caught a first down. It seems he didn't need two seasons on the practice squad first.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pointless argument Sydla. There are some on this board who still insist Romo would be healthy to this day and his back problems were behind him.
I don't think that. My point was what this organization thought. Whether it was foolish or not this organization thought they had more years with Romo. Now when Romo went down in 2016 in a preseason game that's when I knew for sure his body just can't hold up in this league anymore. At that point he was already having back problems.

Sydla

Reaction score
He was. But I don't think anyone thought it was career ending type injuries. It was something he was going to have to monitor.

He had a back issue.

They lost the bet they made. And now paying for it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't think that. My point was what this organization thought. Whether it was foolish or not this organization thought they had more years with Romo. Now when Romo went down in 2016 in a preseason game that's when I knew for sure his body just can't hold up in this league anymore. At that point he was already having back problems.

Right, and somebody would counter argue that...

It’s a front offices responsibility to be prepared for the future. And Romo was old and had a history of serious injury. So any front office go expected him to play much longer, was lying to itself. Which is the truth. Jerry and company lie to themselves about their players all the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anyone here know of Mo Ali-Cox? He played basketball at VCU.

He's a rookie TE for the Colts and just caught a first down. It seems he didn't need two seasons on the practice squad first.
Rico would've caught a pass too but this team didn't activate him.

Sydla

Reaction score

It’s a front offices responsibility to be prepared for the future. And Romo was old and had a history of serious injury. So any front office go expected him to play much longer, was lying to itself. Which is the truth. Jerry and company lie to themselves about their players all the time.

Like when they convinced themselves our WRs were good.

Reaction score
Come in here to catch some early game action, but accidentally came across this Wentz Bromance thread. Anyone know where I can find the early game thread?
It 's like this every time Wentz is on the field.

Vomit inducing.

I get it. He's good. But get over it people. Move on.

I wanted to trade up for Wentz too. But I don't need to re-live it every single week.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rico would've caught a pass too but this team didn't activate him.

My point. Our coaches thought he needed 3 years to even see the field. Either Ali-Cox is much more talented of our coaches are less daring than Frank Reicht.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Well I think at that point they should've had a backup in here before then. Actually, factor in how well Dak played.......they actually ended up handling the situation far better then they could've. They transition from Romo to Dak was seamless.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My point. Our coaches thought he needed 3 years to even see the field. Either Ali-Cox is much more talented of our coaches are less daring than Frank Reicht.
Well we all know they had Witten who they loved and behind him they had James Hanna who they loved. Which is unfortunate for Hanna because he would've been our #1 if he didn't have to retire early.