Early games thread

Aven8

Reaction score
Ware blossomed in college. Was just in a smaller conference so of course stats get scrutinized when you play in the sun belt and not the sec for example.

"As a senior, Ware was a dominant player, receiving the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year,[3] and was a finalist for the Hendricks Award, which is given annually to the top defensive end in college football. In 2004, he helped lead his team to the school's first-ever bowl appearance, the Silicon Valley Football Classic. He posted 53 tackles, 10.5 sacks (led the Sun Belt Conference), 19 tackles for loss and 4 forced fumbles."

He did, but like you said from a small school. Lots of small school players out there just like him, but my point was his measurables and 40, cone drill, etc is what got him selected in the 1st as they were all off the charts.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Vikings are a good team... Zimmer is one helluva a coach..

I remember when people hated that guy here. He was a damn good coach! I wish he coached this team.. Mike come home

Zordon

Reaction score
Totally agree! He was a first round talent that fell bc he broke his leg.
He was a steal and was on my wish list too
They continue to ignore an obvious formula when it comes to drafting Safeties......
Every time you turned on a Bama game the last few years, Eddie Jackson was not only intercepting a ball, he was scoring a TD on that interception. The guy is a football player, not a combine warrior. Considering our turnover woes the last few years idk why we didn't jump at the opportunity to draft this kid.

Aven8

Reaction score
Every time you turned on a Bama game the last few years, Eddie Jackson was not only intercepting a ball, he was scoring a TD on that interception. The guy is a football player, not a combine warrior. Considering our turnover woes the last few years idk why we didn't jump at the opportunity to draft this kid.

To be fair we did grab a stud in the 3rd in Lewis.

Zordon

Reaction score
It's becoming awfully apparent that JG and Saban aren't really friends.......
Why should he?

Nick Saban started his coaching career in 1973. He worked nearly 20 years before he was given his first head coaching job at Toledo. Then he put in another 20 years of nitty gritty work before he got the LSU job. He suffered a lot of ups and downs but gained a lot of experience, wisdom, and most importantly RESPECT from his come up the coaching ladder.

Meanwhile Garrett the Golden Boy was handed the keys to the greatest franchise in sports in 2010 after starting his training in 2005.

Do people actually believe this nepotism goes unnoticed in coaching circles?

Aven8

Reaction score
Why should he?

Nick Saban started his coaching career in 1973. He worked nearly 20 years before he was given his first head coaching job at Toledo. Then he put in another 20 years of nitty gritty work before he got the LSU job. He suffered a lot of ups and downs but gained a lot of experience, wisdom, and most importantly RESPECT from his come up the coaching ladder.

Meanwhile Garrett the Golden Boy was handed the keys to the greatest franchise in sports in 2010 after starting his training in 2005.

Do people actually believe this nepotism goes unnoticed in coaching circles?

Remember he was the QB coach, his only job ever for 1 year in coaching I might add before becoming our OC, for Saban at Miami. Saban raved about him blah blah. What a load of crap spewed by Saban that day....lol.