Early Games Thread

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Who is the division leader in the NFC West? 49ers lost to the Seahags so is it them?

Seattle wins Monday night vs the Vikings...makes them the #2 seed. Gonna be rocking in the Emerald city come Monday...I'd say it's almost a lock...Seahawk win...then they finish w/ the 49ers in Seattle....which would make the 49ers the #5 seed. Go ahead and book the 49ers coming to Dallas for the wildcard.

irishline

Reaction score
Could be worse. We could be NCAA Basketball. Everyone gets in.

There are 351 division one college teams, 68 make the tournament... 19.4% of them.

There are 32 NFL teams, 12 make the playoffs... 37.5% of them.

Care to adjust that statement?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
CHILL OUT

C H I L L

its okay, breath tough guy. RELAX, get off the high horse. Enjoy football and stop getting so emotional.

Lol. Emotional? You didn't know the difference between the old rule and new rule so I explained it to you. You were content to just listen to what the announcer stated to do the work for you. I'm just telling you in case you were interested in knowing for yourself. If you don't care to know, just say so.

willia451

Reaction score
There are 351 division one college teams, 68 make the tournament... 19.4% of them.

There are 32 NFL teams, 12 make the playoffs... 37.5% of them.

Care to adjust that statement?

Yet, somehow. NCAA Football gets by with 4 in the playoffs.

And they have just as many teams.

How is that even possible?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Mahomes throws a bad ill advised pass that should have been picked....but he will get no criticism, but if it was complete, the love would overflow.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Well ok if it makes you feel better to be the expert.
How do the "less" knowing then know you are really interpreting right then?
:muttley:

I think most have it pretty well figured out also, fans aren't always dumb you know.

The "less knowing" can do the work to know if they wish. The rules were there in black and white. Just because the announcer mentioned the mechanics of the new ways that made this play a catch doesn't mean it wouldn't have also been a catch under the old rules. The announcers never even made that comparison but you took it back to 2014 when those two plays were completely different types of plays and covered by different rules. So if fans actually have things figured out there'd have been less whining from 2014 forward but they throw themselves on the ground and claim victim because of willful ignorance to a rule that didn't serve their purpose. It's over. Let it go. Every reviewed catch doesn't have to revert back to the old hurt.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo starting to go unshaven during game broadcasts. Before long he’ll be sporting a ball cap in the booth.

irishline

Reaction score
Yet, somehow. NCAA Football gets by with 4 in the playoffs.

And they have just as many teams.

How is that even possible?

Oh I completely agree with you, however there are only 125 true division one FCS football teams (with another 129 FBS subdivision teams who really could be considered division 2ish) as college has different criteria for what is considered what tier by each sport.

That said I was just pointing out that as a percentage of the total more NFL teams make the playoffs than NCAA basketball teams do.

Last edited:

gmb1

Reaction score
So Mahomes throws a bad ill advised pass that should have been picked....but he will get no criticism, but if it was complete, the love would overflow.
Dak is the only QB that sucks. Well...according to the media.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lol. Emotional? You didn't know the difference between the old rule and new rule so I explained it to you. You were content to just listen to what the announcer stated to do the work for you. I'm just telling you in case you were interested in knowing for yourself. If you don't care to know, just say so.
Oh my gosh... I think you've gone completely out of control.
Let's like... you know... dial the insane, raging emotion back a couple dozen notches, okay?

Man...
Some of these guys go off the deep end and they never come back.

jk.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mahommes is just ridiculous. He got lucky throwing across his body earlier when the DB dropped an easy pick, but this pass, dropping backward, then just flinging it sidearm for a perfect target is unbelievable.

gmb1

Reaction score
KC offensive line looks bad or the Raiders DL is really good.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That was a horrible throw, and a poor decision.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Mahommes is just ridiculous. He got lucky throwing across his body earlier when the DB dropped an easy pick, but this pass, dropping backward, then just flinging it sidearm for a perfect target is unbelievable.
That kid is a generational talent with the perfect coach for him.
Funny how that goes...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If that Raiders LB(?) was one of our guys, and reacted to Mahommes run that poorly, he'd have been crucified on this board. That was terrible.