Early Games Thread

Mannix

Reaction score
I am sorry, but this is the first game I've cheered for Philly in my life. Have you not seen in the past how many lives The Clapping Carrot has??? Once in for all, I want his coffin to be nailed shut for good!!! If that means not making the playoffs to avoid a short meaningless run, SO BE IT. I swear to God, he is a Ginger Zombie that cannot be killed. I am still fearful that that Jerrah still has hopes of him doing a little something to save his Carrot Top....am I alone here?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t remember the NFC East looking this bad. We’re 12 games into the season and not one team is above 500.

It's pathetic.

I'm a traditionalist. I always want division winners clinching a playoff berth but this is a strong argument against it.

irving

Reaction score
The Eagle/Miami game is for all the people on the forum that talk about the Eagles soft remaining schedule. I will say it again, there are no easy or guaranteed wins in the NFL. I'm sure a lot people had this game checked off as a win for Philly, well uncheck it and check the next so called easy team as a win.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know the old rule AND the new rule forwards and backwards. Under the old rule, the 3 steps didn't matter, maintaining possession through the ground did. The analyst is quoting the new rule in effect where the 3 steps makes it a catch but it would have been good under the old one too. So the new rule had nothing to do with other than HOW that play was a catch.
I believe it was a catch too, and while I admit I only saw it once, it looked like his 3 steps were going to the ground, just as Dez's 3 steps were going to the ground. I could be mistaken, as I didn't really pay to much attention to it, but either way, he didn't lose possession until he was stripped, after being on the ground.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then you, like many, didn't know how to read a rule book. Emotion does that. Triggered!

WHAT?
Heck the refs and NFL doesn't even know how to read the rule book.
And I am sure you don't know all the interpretations either.

They make changes to agree with on the field calls. So why should we fans try to keep up with every word that is open to change.

:facepalm:

Qcard

Reaction score
The Eagle/Miami game is for all the people on the forum that talk about the Eagles soft remaining schedule. I will say it again, there are no easy or guaranteed wins in the NFL. I'm sure a lot people had this game checked off as a win for Philly, well uncheck it and check the next so called easy team as a win.
This is exactly why record against winning teams mid-season is ridiculous..

No telling where teams end up and whether they were trending up or down

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's pathetic.

I'm a traditionalist. I always want division winners clinching a playoff berth but this is a strong argument against it.

It’s possible that someone from the NFC could miss the playoffs that has a better record than the winner of the NFC East. 7-9 might win the East.

CB61

Reaction score
Wow Skins are only three games out of first place everybody's talking about the Eagles game being a big game the last one might be big to

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Teams should rush on that. Could easily have been PI or caught.

Should have been PI...there was a blatant shove in the end zone....no call...and funny how the league doesn't review that. I've said it before...and I'll say it again....It's BS teams can't challenge anything in the final 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

Hence why the NFL is gonna die...losing hardcore fans like myself. Because hardcore fans see the BS being played out...and we are about fed up with it.