Early games thread

tomsanders921

Reaction score
That's kind of what happens a lot of time. A team on a losing streak goes on a winning streak (i.e. Dolphins) and a team on a winning streak goes on a losing streak. It's hard to win in the NFL.

Question did you say the Eagles were the biggest threat two weeks ago?
I did. And they were playing better football than Dallas for about a month until hurts forgot how to play QB against the Giants.

I just feel like something has been off with this team since the Denver game. They can't run the ball at all. And dak seems off since coming back from the calf injury.

If Dak gets back to where he was before the calf injury, nobody in the division has a chance to beat this team, regardless of how bad the running game is.

But let's be honest. If that wasn't taysom Hill out there Thursday night Dallas probably loses that game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Raiders just went over 100 yards total offense. They put up over 500 against us. Lol Washington’s defense is playing better without Chase Young.
and the Raiders lost to the Giants, who we crushed.

Washington lost to the Chargers ad Saints... we beat both.

You can not compare teams by scores of games. Means nothing. Record is all that matters.

817Gill

Reaction score
Some made it seem like the Football team was running away with this game against the Raiders, but the score still is 7-3 right now. And no matter how good they have played over the last month, it's still hard for an NFL team to go on a long winning streak and come out playing their best game every single time during that win streak, which is why lots of winning streaks in the NFL eventually ends.

It's possible for the WFT to beat Dallas next week, but they shouldn't be built up as this world beater team that suddenly is impossible for the Cowboys to beat. Not in a season where underdogs have beaten the favored team several times this season.
Exactly! If and when we beat them next week I hope the division talk will stop. Unfortunately the Eagles won so some of the closet Cowboy pessimists will come out saying week 17 will be the decider lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yet they are apparently the best team in the league right now according to half the thread. They just aren’t that good of a team. Not sure why we are so desperate to prop them up.
Yeah, I came back to this thread after about 10 minutes, and read what people were saying. I was wondering how many TD's WFT had scored while I was away!

blueblood70

Reaction score
and the Raiders lost to the Giants, who we crushed.

Washington lost to the Chargers ad Saints... we beat both.

You can not compare teams by scores of games. Means nothing. Record is all that matters.
:hammer:true not sure where all the panic is coming from we have the 2 game lead, not them..lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have faith in the defense with Gallimore and Gregory back but this offense has been exposed and there is no fixing it’s issues at this point in time. The offensive line is a heaping pile of garbage, Dak is in a slump, and Zeke is severely injured yet they won’t sit him. Moore doesn’t know how to adjust either. We’re in serious trouble.
Dak is not in a slump. He refuses to take what the opposing defense gives him.. And sometimes that is open field. He is not taking it when it’s there.. If he starts using his legs when needed then we will go next level..

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Yeah it's strange to me that fans are always trying to compare games. Each week is so different. You just never know. This is the NFL.
But you can see trends develop. Regardless of the record, Dallas is struggling right now to play with any sort of consistency on offense. Everyone can see it.

The defense should only improve as they get healthier going forward. But the offense has to get things figured out if this team hopes to make a run in the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak is not in a slump. He refuses to take what the opposing defense gives him.. And sometimes that is open field. He is not taking it when it’s there.. If he starts using his legs when needed then we will go next level..
more the OL and no confidence in it but yes 10 days off dak sees that many learning lesson from win last week..hes said it in the interview. Stop looking for the biggest lay and just move the ball..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The big deal they're making over AP just scoring the 10th most TDs in NFL history.
:muttley:

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I did. And they were playing better football than Dallas for about a month until hurts forgot how to play QB against the Giants.

I just feel like something has been off with this team since the Denver game. They can't run the ball at all. And dak seems off since coming back from the calf injury.

If Dak gets back to where he was before the calf injury, nobody in the division has a chance to beat this team, regardless of how bad the running game is.

But let's be honest. If that wasn't taysom Hill out there Thursday night Dallas probably loses that game.

Dak been off since 2019